Home

side step issue

This is a discussion on side step issue within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
side step issue

EA UFC2's side step is very useful for striking, but it is very useless and making you more dangerous if you use it for escape to your opponents pressing. because of your side step route is within the confines of your opponets striking range. I think, We need different kinds of side step. It should have to more radius than current side step.

- This gif is EA UFC2 side step moving route. radius is very small.

- These gifs are JDS and Holly holm's side step for escape to Ronda's pressing. radius is very big. It looks very useful escape to someone pressing like the clinching out. I really hope that devs add kind of this side step to the game in the future. It will be the next title as EA UFC3.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by tissues250; 07-12-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: side step issue

The movement in the game is actually really good. You can circle away from strikes. You can side step and keep circling to emulate this.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

It's already very easy to point fight on the outside using movement to avoid any pressure on this game. The side steps in their current state are very useful. Making the side steps cover an even bigger radius would turn this game into a runners paradise. I already come across enough people who do nothing but run and side step whilst hugging R1. It's like it's their mission to do absolutely nothing and lose a decision just to avoid getting knocked out. If side steps and defensive manoeuvres are to be buffed, then we will need a buff on offensive options too. Otherwise, leave it as it is.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfc_rob_lfc
It's already very easy to point fight on the outside using movement to avoid any pressure on this game. The side steps in their current state are very useful. Making the side steps cover an even bigger radius would turn this game into a runners paradise. I already come across enough people who do nothing but run and side step whilst hugging R1. It's like it's their mission to do absolutely nothing and lose a decision just to avoid getting knocked out. If side steps and defensive manoeuvres are to be buffed, then we will need a buff on offensive options too. Otherwise, leave it as it is.
Every fighter can't have big radius side step in the game. It's my point. There is side step ability and only certain fighters can have it as JDS, Holm. It something like their unique move, imo. This is talk about escaping side step, not runner. but I agreed with ''If side steps and defensive manoeuvres are to be buffed, then we will need a buff on offensive options too.'' So, I really hope that they add a run button or sprint, moving forward, something like close to distance method to the game.

Last edited by tissues250; 07-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Every fighter can't have big radius side step in the game. It's my point. There is side step ability and only certain fighters can have it as JDS, Holm. It something like their unique move, imo. This is talk about escaping side step, not runner. but I agreed with ''If side steps and defensive manoeuvres are to be buffed, then we will need a buff on offensive options too.'' So, I really hope that they add a run button or sprint, moving forward, something like close to distance method to the game.
Tbh all this should come under movement/footwork stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

It's easy enough to run already in this game.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #7
Pro

Are we talking about two totally different moves. If the game enhances the physics and can translate more to real life striking, then it is absolutely paramount that a side step actually DOES keep you within striking range. That is called creating angles and should be the way a good striker sets up big damage shots and the single shot knockouts we all covet.

On the other hand, there is the modified L1 and left stick flick. I believe this is the evading, type side step you are referring to. If so, I have no problem, so long as the ability to slightly side step to create angles for more realistic boxing is improved. That could really separate the have from have nots in the striking game and would help eliminate that constant toe-to-toe shadow boxing feel a lot of the stand up currently has
Old 07-13-2016, 07:30 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I don't know at what Division you are playing at, but as people said above me,
side stepping is already an issue with the current game's striking mechanics and physics based striking.

Until they improve their striking physics, i don't see how side-stepping is nescessary.

This is just unnaceptable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr_a-XzKQtg

Imagine that x10 times worse vs someone who is spamming side steps all game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »