Home

What to do for the next 2 Years..

This is a discussion on What to do for the next 2 Years.. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2016, 02:56 AM   #1
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
What to do for the next 2 Years..

I feel like I have been playing this game for a year but it's only been 5 months. If anyone is interested in sharing. What do you plan on doing for the next 2 year's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 03:07 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: What to do for the next 2 Years..

Most likely I will be still be playing the game until the day ufc 3 comes out if I can find matches online. I'll still be complaining about things even though I have great fun playing this game a decent amount of time.

I played ufc 1 until ufc 2 was finished installing on my ps4. I'm a Go-Hard though.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:19 AM   #3
Pro

I'll play as long as their are others online. Are the current numbers shown at the top right correct? Only 5-10,000 at any given time? That worries me. Seems like that could trail off quite a bit which would certainly cause a downward spiral until we get to some very low basement level # of players who keep playing.

I just can't believe a game like this does so poorly. This also makes me worried about EA and/or new UFC ownership desire to put $ into future iterations. The opportunity cost may be to high a hurdle with the current run rate
Old 07-17-2016, 03:41 AM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Ufc1 on ps4 frequently had 6000 people online even right before ufc 2 was released. Even when there was less than 1000 online I found matches pretty fast. Of course on ufc 1 player base wasn't divided nearly as much. Open rank quick match and no ultimate team.

I expect there to be another ea ufc game. This is speculation, but I imagine they made good money with ultimate team and still might be making good money with it. If ea didn't do very well on this game than holding lec competition might have been bad idea. Of course 10k and whatever travel and lodging costs is probably pocket change to ea.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I'm teetering on the edge of 'official' retirement although I think I'll be sticking around these forums and a couple of the leagues I play in another few months at least.

And of course I'll be back for pre-UFC 3 madness

Playing this game at a competitive level can be a bit stressful lol ... don't get me wrong I've had a lot of fun, but I'm starting to get burned out. And if you don't pretty much play at 110% focus and effort level, you'll lose your edge pretty quickly.

I think when Madden comes out I'll be done w/ UT and Ranked for awhile; maybe forever ---

I'm not a competitive Madden gamer by any means but have been playing it since Madden '93 on the Sega when i was like 7 years old, and I haven't played for a few years, so might have to go back and play that instead of UFC during football season.

I might have to get married sometime soon too ;( hahaha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I'm teetering on the edge of 'official' retirement although I think I'll be sticking around these forums and a couple of the leagues I play in another few months at least.

And of course I'll be back for pre-UFC 3 madness

Playing this game at a competitive level can be a bit stressful lol ... don't get me wrong I've had a lot of fun, but I'm starting to get burned out. And if you don't pretty much play at 110% focus and effort level, you'll lose your edge pretty quickly.

I think when Madden comes out I'll be done w/ UT and Ranked for awhile; maybe forever ---

I'm not a competitive Madden gamer by any means but have been playing it since Madden '93 on the Sega when i was like 7 years old, and I haven't played for a few years, so might have to go back and play that instead of UFC during football season.

I might have to get married sometime soon too ;( hahaha
Go back and try Madden now while you still have a chance. I was a die hard NCAA and Madden Football player for years. Then quit video games for about 7-8 years. A wife and two kids later, I attempted Madden last year... And gave up.
UFC2 I stayed around because the timing with wife/kids being away a bunch for vacations etc.

Madden has definitely evolved since the early days I remembered! Ha
Old 07-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Go back and try Madden now while you still have a chance. I was a die hard NCAA and Madden Football player for years. Then quit video games for about 7-8 years. A wife and two kids later, I attempted Madden last year... And gave up.
UFC2 I stayed around because the timing with wife/kids being away a bunch for vacations etc.

Madden has definitely evolved since the early days I remembered! Ha
hahhaa I know right? I've been able to sort of keep up with it but like you've said, sure has changed a lot in the past couple decades

Man I miss the NCAA series more than anything. Played that as much (or more??) than Madden...blah! I understand the kids are sorta being used by EA Sports for $$$ but dammit I loved those college games :/
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I'll be playing civilization 6. That game caters to the hardcore. Unlike this game unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »