Home

How to counter takedown into sub?

This is a discussion on How to counter takedown into sub? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How to counter takedown into sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
L2 in Stand up and Clinch, can be pre-emptive w/o penalties

L2+R2 in Ground, can not be pre-emptive (as Grapple block GB)

About countering Reversals:
1) GB reversal - can be countered by Perfect Swoop

2) GM (grappling move: submission, throw, adv transition) reversal - AS I THINK can not be countered at all + can be pre-emptive w/o penalties = unbalance.

QUESTION: can GM Reversals be countered by Perfect swoop or no?
Sugata, in almost positive GPD confirmed that the answer to your question is yes. Perfect swoop overrides
Old 07-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #10
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Sugata, in almost positive GPD confirmed that the answer to your question is yes. Perfect swoop overrides
give me a link or quote please?
Old 07-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #11
Rookie

Please, please can someone post vids on how to do these. Seeing as how limited practice mode is, I have trouble visualizing.

Also, do all fighters have these abilities; if not, can you only find them through practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #12
Rookie

And more importantly, how many threads have attempted to answer this question conclusively? Devs, can you please write something authoritative on the subject and post video? Or, as I mentioned before, ask one of the tech-savvy fans of the game to do so.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
And more importantly, how many threads have attempted to answer this question conclusively? Devs, can you please write something authoritative on the subject and post video? Or, as I mentioned before, ask one of the tech-savvy fans of the game to do so.

It's just L2+ down when they attempt a single or a double.

Not trying to be condescending but it's very very simple.

Not everyone has takedown to submission reversals. You have to look at their moves in practice mode. The takedown to submission reversals are the last 2 options at the bottom of the submission move list.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
Please, please can someone post vids on how to do these. Seeing as how limited practice mode is, I have trouble visualizing.

Also, do all fighters have these abilities; if not, can you only find them through practice?

Like Haz said its just L2 and down, you can reverse regular and high single and double legs.

Here's a video that shows both if that helps, but its basically just a standard takedown denial except you use L2 instead of R2.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
Pro

The fact that not everyone has sub reversals and it isn't listed in practice mode moveset is problematic, no?

Also, to reverse a single or double is simple from standing, but I do have some trouble with timing when it's the wrestlers who have the move as an escape (blanking on where it starts, maybe a side control escape) into a single leg.

A video on timing for the transition reversals (with audio perhaps) would be awesome. I otherwise hit it only ~50% of the time.

Same for the turtle to over/under submission reversal. I almost never hit this, and I don't know if it's because my fighter doesn't have the move, or my timing sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #16
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
The fact that not everyone has sub reversals and it isn't listed in practice mode moveset is problematic, no?

Also, to reverse a single or double is simple from standing, but I do have some trouble with timing when it's the wrestlers who have the move as an escape (blanking on where it starts, maybe a side control escape) into a single leg.

A video on timing for the transition reversals (with audio perhaps) would be awesome. I otherwise hit it only ~50% of the time.

Same for the turtle to over/under submission reversal. I almost never hit this, and I don't know if it's because my fighter doesn't have the move, or my timing sucks
When submissive fighter in side control goes for a single leg the fighters stand up while one fighter is holding they others leg. The fighter holding the leg has to use the right thumbstick again to get takedown. That's when you deny, if they let go or just stand there you can't reverse.

I don't know how to put audio on YouTube, but almost every reversal works for me if I start it as soon as I see opponent moving a direction. If you look at the huds in any video I posted you can get an idea of when I'm denying and reversing in regards to when opponent inputs his transition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »