Home

Frame data thread

This is a discussion on Frame data thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 10:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Frame data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Frame rate counting is taking something that's supposed to be analog and makes it digital.

I can see for high level competiton were it's win at all costs, but doesn't that take some of the fun out of it? It's kind of like taking advantage of known animations and multiplier imo.

Not trying to be a jerk, just actually curious. If you are just playing for fun doesn't that take fluidity and realism out of your gaming experience?
This game is and will for ever be digital, there is no way to create a truly analogue experience unless we create a perfect simulator which wont happen, at least any time soon.

So how should the devs handle the digital aspect of the game? Should they treat it as a limitation and ignore it? Or should they treat it as an advantage by promoting it as a point of depth/study and enabling players to study it conveniently?

I think things like frame counting and a dummy record mode would add to the fun. There are two things I believe a lot of FG players love to do in fighting games; counter successfully after reading an opponent and use frame knowledge to punish their opponent successfully. There is no greater feeling than jumping into lab (practice), studying a games system and frame data, then kicking arse in ranked/unranked.

Giving people the convenient ability to find out data/information about the games combat system by themselves would not only make it more fun, it would result in the EA UFC FGC becoming more “involved” and possibly creating a more respectable community.

Last edited by Lake the striker; 07-20-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Frame data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
We need RECORD DUMMY feature to programming AI actions for several seconds for testing
Exactly, I've asked for this before. It would be great for casual and competitive players.

Last edited by Lake the striker; 07-20-2016 at 03:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »