Home

Most Important Improvement Needed For UFC 3

This is a discussion on Most Important Improvement Needed For UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #25
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most Important Improvement Needed For UFC 3

Vastly improved scoring logic!! My toughest opponents in this game are the bent judges

Last edited by Shogun474; 07-20-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #26
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
good stuff

I do think GnP is a bit overpowered *in certain positions* --- but I was definitely someone who begged GPD and Friends to boost damage of GnP during the Beta, and I'm very very glad they did. GnP was totally worthless before the boost.

Back Side Mount is lethal, and maybe a bit OP, but hey did you see Hendo knock out Fedor from that position with just one strike pretty much?

I've been *finished* from that position a dozen times at most....there are ways to defend/escape for sure. That said, sometimes you end up in that position after being knocked down, and one strike that you block ends your night lol it's a bit goofy to say the least.

Clinch --- I really think DOUBLE UNDERHOOKS needs major love!! Should be a very dominant position. If D/U was buffed...ESPECIALLY its denial window...more people would go 'that way' in the clinch progression, rather than only going for MT Clinch. That said, I do have fun w/ Over/Under, and back mount, so there's a lot more than MT in the clinch game But I agree that MT is too powerful compared to the rest. So, either nerf MT...or boost D/U ...probably a little bit of both

(Nothing like my Joe Frazier Boxer CAF with LLP and RLP of about 35 getting a one-shot knockdown from a MT Knee....yea...that's definitely dumb...at least make knees/elbows in MT much more reliant on stats!!!)

I definitely agree w/ your statement on Subs that in EA MMA the best part of the sub game was that it was a prolonged battle; it wasn't a set number of gates, with a set number of seconds til a colored bar appears, and you either advance, or sub fails.

In EA MMA you could get *that close* to sinking in a sub...only to have opponent nearly break-free...only for you to grind them for a solid 10 seconds, and win the war of attrition, finally getting the finish!

More dynamic than this system which is very linear
I agree, but Hendo/Fedor doesn't happen too often (at least compared to this game). We also had Rumble/Gus & Bader but Gus was already in trouble and Rumble and Hendo are just ridiculous with their power. But my UT fighter and most UFC roster guys shouldn't just be able to stop a takedown in the beginning of the fight and KO a guy from side back mount with 3 or 4 punches to the side of the face 9/10 times lol.

But that's another thing, those failed takedowns should end up in some type of clinch, not with the grappler on all fours waiting to get hit (granted, I'm fine with it now since this current clinch isn't quite right). But this is what should happen after most of those TDs that manage to put the grappler on all fours in UFC 2 (all depending on the fighter's ratings as well of course)...

With more balance to the clinch, it would be great. Then as the grappler you could transition yourself up to the standing clinch or continue to work the takedown. As the player defending, they could then have the option to put the opponent on hands and knees, but it should happen as is now in this game.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:31 PM   #27
Rookie

-realistic well timed strikes causing signifcant damage.
-improve head movement,sway and side stepping in and out.
-no more guanrteed hit stuns with free follow up strikes and combo multiplayer
-more cage fighting/grappling,takedowns and slams
-being able to move around in the groundgame
-improve career mode
-knockdown animations should have them covering up not look like they are knocked out unconscious
Old 07-21-2016, 03:59 AM   #28
MVP

UFC 202, there will likely be a new patch. Hopefully some of these suggestions make it in! AI parry still needs toning down a bit.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:25 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
uhmm, some of them already are in the game on the attacker,but i agree there could be some from the submissive fighter's positions.

2 that i know of is, on the half guard, when the submissive fighter transitions torwards the back side, the attacker can reverse the transition into a heelhook 2-gate submission.

on Sprawl, when the submissive fighter tries to go to over under, the attacker can reverse it into a flying Guilotine 2 gate choke submission
Unfortunately, those are the only two transition reversals (and the half guard one is a 4 gate kneebar, not a heel hook).
Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #30
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Some more good suggestions

and I'm definitely a big fan of *more* end results from takedown attempts!

Right now there's...push-off...sprawl...and 'hard sprawl', which pretty much is the same thing as sprawl, but louder and more violent? lol

There are takedown reversals and what not I guess. Perhaps I should try putting those into my game. But that's a whole different controller input lol will be hard to re-train myself but maybe worth looking at.

that said --- as there is on the ground, when you deny someone very early, there's a reversal --- would be great if this applied to some degree to takedown attempts.

i.e. you're Yoel Romero and you stuff someone's takedown within first 20% of the denial window --- you end up hip throwing the dude into side saddle, rather than just pushing him off, or sprawling out.

Or a guy trys to clinch you against cage but you deny in the first 20% of the denial window --- isntead of just 'pushing him back' --- you reverse and slam him into the cage; now who's screwed??
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #31
Pro

^ Agree with some different takedown defense scenarios, but don't really like the high amplitude ideas. How often does that actually happen? Not that it hasn't, I'm just saying.

Would be more realistic if the common defense was a sprawl like is currently in the game, and one in which the defender digs underhooks. The underhooks can be used to reverse into the cage like you said.

Also, I like the idea of the scenario being more fluid, less static in one place. Kinetic energy may take you into the cage where it becomes a grinding war of attrition digging for hooks, or the offensive wrestler switching from a double to a single (high crotch etc.). Cage fighting can include various strikes as well as the foot sweeps, body lock, and hip throws which currently exist. A lot of this stuff already exists actually, there just seems to be a level of fluidity missing from this aspect of the game.

Best way I can put it is, when I'm winning or losing in striking or grappling I know why. When it's in the clinch or against the cage, I just feel like it's clunky and almost a little bit of a guessing element (maybe that is user error).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #32
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

When talking about back side strikes, how come no one ever brings up Rory Mac? He has 2-3 KOs from back side. Dude is DEVASTATING when he gets you there.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »