Home

Just lost a 25 min Ranked Title fight in Lag Fest, Me Tyson Vs Verdum.

This is a discussion on Just lost a 25 min Ranked Title fight in Lag Fest, Me Tyson Vs Verdum. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Just lost a 25 min Ranked Title fight in Lag Fest, Me Tyson Vs Verdum.

I honestly wanna kill myself after this cancerous fight. That's enough EA UFC 2 for me for the month.

I lost it, despite me being the one pushing all the fight blocking his takedowns etc.

He had more significant strikes because he was Werdum with 10 times more range and all he did all game was throw jab and leg kicks, which were unblockable due to the lag/delay being so high. I couldn't move R1 High block to Low Block due to the lag and that's all he did all game, run away and empty his stamina on that combo.

See ya on the next update. Hopefully they will think of adding a line of code in their matchmaking "if ping above 900ms and players from different galaxies don't even start the game."

P.S. The guy i played against send me a message saying "fix that wifi connection you lagging b****. Trying to cheat you f*****g loser."

Which makes me think conclude he must be somewhere from the US and i am in Europe East.

I play wired. I am sick and tired of the lag issue of this game. It's simply unnaceptable. It should be illegal to release a game with such insane issues.

Sorry for another rant, but this game just brings it out on me. I seriously need to take a big break from it.

Edit: It's another reason why i don't play ranked. Everoyne picks the best, which is not really an issue if you know how to play, but then the game lags and your skills go out the window and you are done if he has a longer reach or better kicks than you. Problem is, i don't like Ultimate Microtransaticonts mode, the offline is unplayable, so i am left with quick match, which has an even bigger issue with lag.

In quick match it will take up to 5-10 min to find me another player to play against(despite matchmaking settings all open and all weight classes chosen) If i do find another player the game will more often than not lag and have delay compared to the average ranked game, but at least there you can choose to leave if the game's network is terrible and there are no reprecautions like in ranked.

Thing with quick match is, the games with low ping and no delay, it will match you with someone who just wants to play the game a certain way, so for example, if you take it to the ground or you don't follow him each time he gets glued with his back against the cage or if you do follow him and you get tired of his side steps and you clinch him or if you are side stepping more than he likes, or if you are going back away more than he likes or if you block his takedowns more than he likes or if you throw some good combos and beat him up more than he likes, He leaves.

It takes for ever to find a proper player in quick match and you are forced to keep inviting him to have a proper 1 hour game session or else you are stuck with all the leavers and laggy games.

There are bigger issues in this game that a patch can't fix, but this is an issue that if a little bit of effort is put into it, with some common knowledge, the issue can become close to extinct. I expect the next patch to fix it, but the fact that it's not fixxed after 3-4 patches and the fact that simple requests like this: http://imgur.com/esY7AiK are ignored, i have lost all faith in this game and sadly there ain't any other MMA game in the current gen out to have an option to play.

END RANT.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-20-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Re: Just lost a 25 min Ranked Title fight in Lag Fest, Me Tyson Vs Verdum.

I pretty much agree with everything u said latency in this game is awful at times.

What do you mean by swapping Invite To Game and Search For Session?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
Banned

I do not like to pile on. However....

I feel like this is an issue as well. I do use Wi Fi but I achieve almost 70 MPS down and 12 up on my 5gz (which doesnt matter) and about 22 down and 12 up on my 2.4.

I still lag. Then I will move my PS4 into my room with a wired connection and I will still lag.

I hope this is something that can be addressed and also hope not to hear that it is my connection issues that are to blame (anyone remember THQ doing this when they had terrible connection issues before the second to last pahhhtch?)

Overall.... I still love this game and it is the best MMA game ever made.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I don't play ranked. I mostly just play UT, and Quick Fights.

When it lags like that in Quick Fight, I just quit.

When it lags like that in UT, it makes me absolutely rage. When there is a record on the line, and wins/losses matter, you can't have lag like that. It completely ruins the experience.

I feel your pain brother.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I've been having some lag and occasionally constantly get stuck in the blue corner.

I've determined PlayStation internet stinks. I have fast internet, but it seems PlayStation caps speeds. When I run network connection test my numbers all over the place. I almost never get over 4 MHz upload, and sometimes it's less than 1 MHz. My download varies from like 80 MHz to 10 MHz according to PlayStation network test.

Frustrating because now you have to pay to play online. I've read other people have similar things happen, and it certainly isn't my network or cables.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
Rookie

If I was in your position I would report that cheap sucker and give him a ban for a week. Maybe he stops being a dick and a bunch of cheese after that. Had a similar fight yesterday. Guy was running away for four rounds, spamming takedowns and clinches. The connection was so broken that every time I denied his clinch my fighter automatically clinched back, which makes no sense since denial is r2 up and clinch is stick to left or right side. So this guy spams around 20 submissions that I can't block, holds me on the ground, my transitions are slow as hell, his are flying even without stamina. I'm near to rage quitting because I never encountered such a cheap bum (thanks boiler for that phrase lol). And then I beat him with a flying armbar in round 4. Man that was satisfying as hell. He wrote me a message that he was dominating the fight.. Yeah, running away must be the new domination.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #7
Rookie

It would be nice if a game could be aborted due to lag. Instead of "quit," both players could agree on "quit due to lag."

I've been quitting often during the first half of R1 due lag--I assume my opponent understands. My next matchup (and almost all matchups) is usually lag-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearhead24
The connection was so broken that every time I denied his clinch my fighter automatically clinched back, which makes no sense since denial is r2 up and clinch is stick to left or right side.
That's a different issue. It's a glitch that needs to be adressed, but i doubt it will. Gonna have to wait until next patch.

This happens despite the ping.

It's a broken game mechanic, it happens with transition blocking and lots of things that people feel the game is unresponsive. It even happens on takedown denials.

The game has an issue properly adjusting and calibrating the Right Stick, at least on the PS4 from my experience.

What will happen is, you move the RS up but instead of moving it at a 90° you move it at an 88° degree,then the game registers the block that is up, then once you are out of the block, because there ain't no move with the RS + UP, the game registers the 88° as if it was a RS moved torwards the left, which makes your fighter clinch back at the enemy.

The game has a mechanic, where if you hold R2 and RS torwards a direction and the opponent hasn't transitioned, it will register as a pre-emptive denial and what i'll do, is it will disable your transition/takedown/submission blocking for 2 seconds.

That's why takedowns after the patch, feel unresponsive. I do perfect takedown denials, without my opponent having any grappling advantage and the controller don't even vibrate, it registers the RS as being moved at a different degree other than the 90° degree, so i get taken down by crappy instant heavy takedowns without grappling advantage on the opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »