Home

Blocking/Striking. Here is my plan on how it can be changed for the next game.

This is a discussion on Blocking/Striking. Here is my plan on how it can be changed for the next game. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #9
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blocking/Striking. Here is my plan on how it can be changed for the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
It's neither. If the object is to make money then you follow a blueprint to make money. Idk what business / gaming company in which making a profit isn't the number one priority. I also don't know if I've heard any developer say the "dumbing down" of things are why certain aspects don't work as intended.

I get where you're coming from with the controls, but I'm not trying to memorize/learn holding and pressing three different buttons at a time mixed in with other combinations. I consider myself more on the hardcore MMA side especially with games, but that's too much. I want strategy and realism, but I also want to have fun. UD3 and even EA MMA are brought up a lot around here and neither of those games have overly complicated control schemes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's the whole point of having 3 key bindings. It's meant to make spinning strikes harder to throw.

Nerfing them isn't the way to go, when trying to avoid spamming an unrealistic powerfull type of strike. Making them hard to initiate is.

Casuals don't need to learn all those advanced striking techniques.

They will learn L1 and R1 modifier like EA UFC 1, for specific strikes, then L1+R1 for spinning strikes are kept for those who put in the time.

Casuals are meant to play the game, just as casuals play Fifa games.

Casuals pass the ball then shoot to score, in Fifa games. Pros do the spinning tricks and headers and centers and 1-2 passes and all the advanced techniques.

That's what my recommendation is for EA UFC 3. Make a game that is playable by casuals, but it has the hard/effective strikes , locked for the hardcore/pros who know how to throw them.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-24-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #10
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: Blocking/Striking. Here is my plan on how it can be changed for the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Go play quick match. They might use them, but they don't know how to. Why would you want to restrict them anyways? Why should a casual not be able to do spinning strikes? I don't see the logic.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:57 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
That's the whole point of having 3 key bindings. It's meant to make spinning strikes harder to throw.

Nerfing them isn't the way to go, when trying to avoid spamming an unrealistic powerfull type of strike. Making them hard to initiate is.

They will learn L1 and R1 modifier like EA UFC 1, for specific strikes, then L1+R1 for spinning strikes are kept for those who put in the time.

Casuals are meant to play the game, just as casuals play Fifa games.

Casuals pass the ball then shoot to score, in Fifa games. Pros do the spinning tricks and headers and centers and 1-2 passes and all the advanced techniques.

That's what my recommendation is for EA UFC 3. Make a game that is playable by casuals, but it has the hard/effective strikes , locked for the hardcore/pros who know how to throw them.
So now you almost want to limit what casuals can/should do? A casual gamer should have access to the same moves as hardcore gamers without developers going out of their way to punish casuals for being.... casual. I still don't understand why these moves need to be on tiers to pull off. Again, I cite EA MMA and UD3 (two games that continously get praised here) both having very simplistic controls while being two of the more entertaining MMA games I've ever played.

No matter what, there will always be something to spam, exploit, be made, OP. Unfortunately that's just the way it is with people playing online. Everything from Cod and Halo to Madden and 2K to MMA. Can't fix people wanting to win by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
So now you almost want to limit what casuals can/should do? A casual gamer should have access to the same moves as hardcore gamers without developers going out of their way to punish casuals for being.... casual. I still don't understand why these moves need to be on tiers to pull off. Again, I cite EA MMA and UD3 (two games that continously get praised here) both having very simplistic controls while being two of the more entertaining MMA games I've ever played.

No matter what, there will always be something to spam, exploit, be made, OP. Unfortunately that's just the way it is with people playing online. Everything from Cod and Halo to Madden and 2K to MMA. Can't fix people wanting to win by any means.

I can see, how me suggesting spinning strikes being hard to pull off to sort of penaltize the casuals, is a bit stupid.

But as far as other attacking/defensive techniques, I am still gonna have to stick to my opinion and say: "Leave the simple high/low block/slip/lunge defense system be, but on top of the simple system, add an advanced block/advanced aggresive slip and an aggresive stance and so on so forth."

I don't see how something like that would penaltize the casuals. It would benefit the pros who put in the work to learn those systems and how to use them to their advantage. At the end of the day, let the matchmaking do it's work.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #13
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:

I don't see how something like that would penaltize the casuals. It would benefit the pros who put in the work to learn those systems and how to use them to their advantage. At the end of the day, let the matchmaking do it's work.
There are already plenty of things in the game that top guys have to learn. Why do you think so many people ask for a guide? The way EA is making us have to learn the game by playing and testing is great. It gives incentive to keep trying to get better and learn more about the game's actual mechanics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »