Home

Do hit stuns on the ground last to long?

This is a discussion on Do hit stuns on the ground last to long? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Do hit stuns on the ground last to long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
K so let me guess.

You constantly block and go for single collar clinches, you then get a single leg takedown from clinch to attain side control, you then land unblockable strikes from side control to gain grapple advantage, you also hold onto side control as most fighters only have two ways to transition out of this position.

This position is incredibly easy to hold because of this.

You will continue to land unblockable strikes whilst in side control to continue building up your GA, making it impossible for your opponent to escape

You will rinse and repeat this till you are able to get full mount and then finish the fight with like 4 strikes because the ground game is so unbalanced.

Am I correct?

I'm not hating either bigcee, but this is what everyone who is in the top 100 that is good at the ground game does.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
WOW. OK, just a couple things regarding this skewed viewpoint. First of all, you can easily deny takedowns in clinch. Second, and most importantly regarding this, strikes from the guy in dominant side control actually give GA to the guy on bottom. This was like changed on the first patch. If you don't believe me and are afraid to eat a few to gain GA on the bottom, you can simply fake the sprawl for no penalty.

Edit: Strikes from side control top regarding GA doesn't have any affect. The big thing is that strikes don't cancel the transition.

Last edited by Evil97; 07-23-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #26
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
LOL!

You need a hug huh?

At times UFC 2 puts that frustration in me. I've lost a few controllers from them flying across my living room. lol (I'm not proud of that)
Been there with fight night lol
Old 07-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #27
Pro

I like the ground game at times, when there's no lag and near equal skill... Add lag it's terrible. I fought a guy the other night that only went to the ground and he would spam baby punches, and no matter what I did I couldn't land a single transition or deny any of his. He's in half guard, fake to full, then try, denied. Fake fake, try, denied. Throw a punch, try and denied. Even faking 3 times for full guard and going for back sitting. He denied every single one, instantly.. Side control was worse and he only had a 68 ground game to my 82...
Old 07-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #28
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Bigg-Ceee is mahh boiii.

But i've heard from a few people you're annoying as heck to play against. lol

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #29
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Bigg-Ceee is mahh boiii.

Back sitting.

I'm I'm one talk, more than one member doesn't like how I play. I love (plutonic) them anyways.

Big CEe always talks mad crap on the mic, sounds like he has a hype man on staff.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #30
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Back sitting.

I'm I'm one talk, more than one member doesn't like how I play. I love (plutonic) them anyways.

Big CEe always talks mad crap on the mic, sounds like he has a hype man on staff.
LOL!

Yup. I talk mad crap and there's even times i talk so much crap with my mic off and they still hear me.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:03 PM   #31
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Bigg-Ceee is mahh boiii.

Yup!

If your a striker i will go all Damian Maia on you and not stop then just lay on the ground till u move away or just come back to the ground with me.

In ranked matches I know for a fact I'm not fun to play at all. Also ppl hate it when i quit because i don't want to play there laggy game and watch them do the straight body kick combo all game long and nothing else.

OWELL. If you haven't learned anything yet from me being on the forums is that I don't care what ppl say and i'm honored im the most annoying player on UFC 2. I must be doin something right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #32
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Just saying I've never called out Big Cee or said anything bad about him to anyone, except the man himself. I'll give him an eyeful every so often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »