Home

List of "Transition Switches"

This is a discussion on List of "Transition Switches" within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:01 PM   #41
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: List of "Transition Switches"

Has anyone tried transition to half guard from side control bottom and holding L2 for a D'arce choke?

Also, has anyone tried the transition from side control from rubber guard into an omoplata through holding L2 midway?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #42
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
Has anyone tried transition to half guard from side control bottom and holding L2 for a D'arce choke?

Also, has anyone tried the transition from side control from rubber guard into an omoplata through holding L2 midway?
Good eye, my friend!

I recorded these transitions and counted the frames. The D'arce Choke to Half Guard Bottom transition switch from Side Control Bottom shaves off four frames from the normal transition. With a stamina advantage, the transition shaves off up to six frames.

The Omoplata to Side Control Top from Rubber Guard Bottom shaved off 2 or 3 frames with or without a stamina advantage.

Now, I'm counting the frames only when there is yellow on the meter ring. Sometimes, the name of the transition will turn yellow for a frame or two beforehand, or stay yellow a frame or two afterwards. Or the names of other available transitions will disappear for a frame before the ring begins to fill, indicating it knows the transition is coming. So I don't think this is an exact science. When a switch speeds a transition 6 to 10 frames faster, it's easy for me to assume that this gives your opponent less time to deny the transition. But GPD said you don't have the entire time it takes to fill the meter to deny, and we've had no confirmation that these switches actually shorten the denial window.

GPD, will you verify that a meter going faster from a transition switch gives your opponent less time to deny? Especially when it is only two or three frames faster? And do these vary by character skill level?

Last edited by Generative James; 08-22-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #43
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Found a new one Boys!

I did it with Daniel Cormier.

I was submissive side control, was holding L1 for a getup (torwards the half guard transition getup), then let go of L1 in the middle of the animation and i take the backside of the opponent.

Opponent's stamina gotta be low or else it goes to half guard.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-22-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:52 PM   #44

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Found a new one Boys!

I did it with Daniel Cormier.

I was submissive side control, was holding L1 for a getup (torwards the half guard transition getup), then let go of L1 in the middle of the animation and i take the backside of the opponent.

Opponent's stamina gotta be low or else it goes to half guard.
The switch is unnecessary in this position. It's entirely stamina dependent. If the Side Control bottom fighter is a good enough wrestler and the top fighter has low stamina, the unmodified Half Guard transition automatically becomes Back Side until the top fighter regains some stamina.

Keep experimenting though, I'm sure there are still undiscovered gems in the grappling!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #45

Generative James's Arena

I added the video with time code to the 1st page for the D'arce to Half Guard switch. I played around with different guys and stamina levels, and the average speed increase for this switch is 5 frames.

What I found most interesting making this was the speed of the D'arce by itself. With equal stamina, the D'arce is slow, coming in at 51 frames, almost two whole seconds. But the bigger the stamina advantage, the faster it gets. At a severe stamina advantage, the D'arce clocked in as fast as 14 frames! Less then half of one second! Made a quick video illustrating.
https://youtu.be/AFub-_Vf93g

I will wait to make the video for the other switch until GPD confirms that faster meters from transition switches actually do shorten the opponents denial window and that I'm not wasting everyone's time with these. Especially when they are only 2 or 3 frames faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #46
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James
I added the video with time code to the 1st page for the D'arce to Half Guard switch. I played around with different guys and stamina levels, and the average speed increase for this switch is 5 frames.

What I found most interesting making this was the speed of the D'arce by itself. With equal stamina, the D'arce is slow, coming in at 51 frames, almost two whole seconds. But the bigger the stamina advantage, the faster it gets. At a severe stamina advantage, the D'arce clocked in as fast as 14 frames! Less then half of one second! Made a quick video illustrating.
https://youtu.be/AFub-_Vf93g

I will wait to make the video for the other switch until GPD confirms that faster meters from transition switches actually do shorten the opponents denial window and that I'm not wasting everyone's time with these. Especially when they are only 2 or 3 frames faster.
Have you tried it the other way? Transitioning to half guard, but then holding L2 to switch to the D'Arce? If so, what were your findings?
Old 08-23-2016, 11:05 PM   #47

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
Have you tried it the other way? Transitioning to half guard, but then holding L2 to switch to the D'Arce? If so, what were your findings?
I did try both ways but switching to the D'arce actually slowed it down. But it could be different with different fighters. Who were you using? If it wasn't a CAF, I'll check again.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:37 AM   #48
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James
I did try both ways but switching to the D'arce actually slowed it down. But it could be different with different fighters. Who were you using? If it wasn't a CAF, I'll check again.
Oh wow. By hope, I thought it would make it faster. I tried it with my UT CAF and I thought it was faster. But thank you for testing man! If I come across anything else, I'll be sure to post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »