Home

Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

This is a discussion on Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #9
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You had a pretty big stamina advantage on him the whole time.

Without seeing his meter, it's impossible to say what impact that had on the denial window, but it should have been pretty big.

That, along with the predictability of his attempts should have put him in a very dangerous position.

One denial, and you could have easily turned the tables, got an instant SUB with him at zero stamina in the mini game.

Unless...and this is the part I have no way of knowing...there was a huge stat imbalance making the stamina advantage at 50% not as significant as I would imagine it to be.

I think there's some merit to draining some stamina on the guy who attempted the submission when his opponent escapes though.

Can't do it on entry or it will mess with balance way too much.

Not to rain on your parade. But stamina makes virtually no difference in sub defense in this game. Not sure what you guys changed from EA ufc1 to 2 buts you changed something for sure.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Re: Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
thanks man --- to be honest I probably fought a bit 'cheese' in that fight, throwing a bunch of body punches
...Probably?

Your go to set up for the left body hook was... a 1-2 to the body. That a far cry from what I would call someone a brillant boxer to be honest.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #11
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Not to rain on your parade. But stamina makes virtually no difference in sub defense in this game. Not sure what you guys changed from EA ufc1 to 2 buts you changed something for sure.
It does, but the extent to which it does depends on which submission you're attempting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #12
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
It does, but the extent to which it does depends on which submission you're attempting.
In EA UFC 1 you could get a sub on guys almost assured if stamina was low. Not in this game. Idk why

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #13
MVP

Latency can ruin denials. You have to be right on top of it or it won't deny in time. The one who goes for the most transitions and sub attempts usually wins in these cases. This is a HUGE issue with CAFs with level 5 subs, max sub stats, and chess master.

Last edited by Evil97; 07-29-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #14

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
In EA UFC 1 you could get a sub on guys almost assured if stamina was low. Not in this game. Idk why

Like I said, it's because the impact of stamina varies across different kinds of submissions.

The idea is that technical moves that don't require strength and stamina aren't as impacted by stamina as techniques that are more strength based. The motivation was to differentiate technical BJJ fighters from wrestlers, and to add more depth to the meta.

For example, from SUB guard there are 4 possible submissions, and they have different properties.

The arm bar is equally sensitive to stamina and GA differences.

The omoplata and triangle are heavily weighted towards GA, because they are more technical moves.

The guillotine and kimura are heavily weighted towards stamina, because they are more brute force techniques that require less finesse and more strength.

What this means, is if you are sitting on a stamina advantage, you will get a quicker transition going for a guillotine or kimura.

If you are sitting on a GA advantage, you'll get a quicker transition going for the omoplata or triangle.

If you have a little bit of both, you're going to have the most success with the arm bar.

If you have a MASSIVE GA or stamina advantage, you'll get 90% of the speed up no matter which one you choose.

All this plays into the mind games of which transition to pick, and which way to deny when both players know what's up.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #15

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

This doesn't just apply to submissions, it applies to all transitions, sweeps and getups.

Each moves difficulty is dictated either by stamina, GA or an equal mix of both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #16
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Like I said, it's because the impact of stamina varies across different kinds of submissions.

The idea is that technical moves that don't require strength and stamina aren't as impacted by stamina as techniques that are more strength based. The motivation was to differentiate technical BJJ fighters from wrestlers, and to add more depth to the meta.

For example, from SUB guard there are 4 possible submissions, and they have different properties.

The arm bar is equally sensitive to stamina and GA differences.

The omoplata and triangle are heavily weighted towards GA, because they are more technical moves.

The guillotine and kimura are heavily weighted towards stamina, because they are more brute force techniques that require less finesse and more strength.

What this means, is if you are sitting on a stamina advantage, you will get a quicker transition going for a guillotine or kimura.

If you are sitting on a GA advantage, you'll get a quicker transition going for the omoplata or triangle.

If you have a little bit of both, you're going to have the most success with the arm bar.

If you have a MASSIVE GA or stamina advantage, you'll get 90% of the speed up no matter which one you choose.

All this plays into the mind games of which transition to pick, and which way to deny when both players know what's up.
I get what your saying and it sounds good on paper, but it doesn't seem to work out online.

I have only been submitted like 8 times in almost 1000 fights, and that was back at release. I can't remember the last time someone subbed me.

It's just to easy to escape, with or without stamina.

I think GA needs to be generated somehow else or scrap it entirely, definitely not through punches.

Just to hammer home my point, i have only learned to block 1 submission and that's the side control triangle as it only has 3 gates

I didn't bother learning the others because it's so easy to escape when attempted.

Last edited by Morgan Monkman; 07-29-2016 at 02:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »