Home

Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

This is a discussion on Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #41
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Making stamina have a real effect on the submission mini game would make subs HARDER not EASIER. Most people just spam subs willy nilly with no set up. If you actually had to wait/ set up the right opportunity to do the submission it would make it so much more rewarding.
Exactly!!!

PS4- zappaforever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 05:03 PM   #42
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Making stamina have a real effect on the submission mini game would make subs HARDER not EASIER. Most people just spam subs willy nilly with no set up. If you actually had to wait/ set up the right opportunity to do the submission it would make it so much more rewarding.
It would actually do both. High stamina against low stamina would be easier. Low stamina against high stamina would be harder. There needs to be what the OP said, a tax on slapping on a sub and fighting for it. At least with some subs. Some are joint locks that really wouldn't take much stamina to try. Any flying sub should have a massive drain compared to an armbar.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:13 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Probably true, but I bring it up because I have a feeling that there may not be a huge appetite for making subs any easier.

But I could be wrong.

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk
I don't understand the logic here. It's not about making subs easier or harder but about consistency continuity. If you have full stamina and the other player has no stamina it should be easier to submit them compared to when they have full stamina and the same should be true for escapes. I don’t mean to be rude but that is pretty basic stuff. I am not sure about the mechanics of making that happen but in practice I thought that would have been the desired outcome from the start.

I would also like the option to go for a sub when I knock my opponent down instead of going for the TKO. It should also stand to reason that attempting to sub someone while they are rocked should be easier than when they are not.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:26 PM   #44
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
I don't understand the logic here. It's not about making subs easier or harder but about consistency continuity. If you have full stamina and the other player has no stamina it should be easier to submit them compared to when they have full stamina and the same should be true for escapes.
That's how it already works. Exactly as you describe it.

What I'm saying is there may not be a big appetite to change it because it's working pretty well by all accounts, up until this thread, and the metrics say we're already getting more sub finishes than the last game (for whatever reasons).
Old 07-31-2016, 11:28 PM   #45
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:

What I'm saying is there may not be a big appetite to change it because it's working pretty well by all accounts, up until this thread, and the metrics say we're already getting more sub finishes than the last game (for whatever reasons).

It's definitely not working well, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 11:53 PM   #46
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Icon14 Re: Watch This: 13 (FAILED) Submission Attempts in ONE ROUND -- NO STAMINA DRAIN??

Quote:

I said it once and I'll say it again...

I LOVE THE SUBMISSION GAME IN UFC 1 and 2!

To me it's fun and takes some skill to be good at it and just makes the ground game simple and not to dam hard. I hated ea mma and UD3 whole submission game. I thought they were dum and just not very fun.

Just my thoughts...
Old 08-01-2016, 01:50 AM   #47
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I asked again, GPD could you give us the exact knowledge of which factors are affecting submission MINI-GAME details?
(perfect swoop, SA, GA, how to determine which submission is more affected by SA not by GA more assured)
here please:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...bmissions.html
The sub mini game is stamina and ratings only I believe.

I don't know the exact formula of weighting of each off the top of my head though, as I wasn't directly involved in the development of the mini game.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:53 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:

Thank you for replying. In my experience and the experience of many others in the thread that is not how it is working at all. I understand that is how you are saying it is supposed to work but in practice that is not the case. If you assume I have high stamina the difference in the gate speed for my opponent when they have very low stamina compared to when they have very high stamina is barely noticeable and this is what people are complaining about. It's not about how hard or easy the submissions are but the fact there is barely any difference in gate speed when your opponent has very high or very low stamina.

The increased submissions rate is explained by the factors mentioned earlier and also the fact there are now two gate submission counters and the added arm bar transition submission which is very powerful.

I actually love submissions and use them all the time but if my opponent has zero stamina and I am using a submission fighter like Maia there should a noticeable difference in their gate speed depending on their stamina whereas at present the difference is negligible. I also agree it’s probably not a good idea to change this now given the propensity for messing up the submission system but it should definitely be looked at for EA UFC 3.

Last edited by trainbyday1; 08-01-2016 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »