Home

Can we get a bit of a spoiler for the upcoming update?

This is a discussion on Can we get a bit of a spoiler for the upcoming update? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #49
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we get a bit of a spoiler for the upcoming update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
Why didn't you wait for the Scorpio? or Neo?
because the X1 "S" Looks amazing and is soooo tiny compared to that big X1 box i had, plus the controllers now have grip on them and they updated the joystick to be more precise and wear down less over time. so they also updated that to

Honestly i love how this thing looks. It's so slick and pretty. lol

Also i only paid $80 for it because I have a sercet hook up. Very Top Sercet.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 08-02-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:18 PM   #50
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Also the Xbox 1 "S" is just a better console that can do 4K, has better frame rates in games (Check Digtal Foundry YouTube) and updated controller that is Blue Tooth.

Go online and check out the reviews and how it looks and how it's more powerfull then the original Xbox 1.

I'm so happy i was able to get it on the launch date. They only had 2 of them were i got it. (Thanks to my hookup!)
Old 08-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
UD3's movesets were better because they had more moves and fighters specific moves. As much as I love the changes to the grappling game, I sometimes wish that EA wouldve done more striking mocap and brought someone who could mimic real fighter moves. Hopefully this will be done for the next game.
Starting from baseline, I'm happy they prioritized the ground game. It isn't like the striking is broken (I know, debateable with stun combos etc., but that's for another thread). My point is, if I couldn't have both, I'd prefer limited fighter specific moves making each player feel far more unique -- if the trade-off is the improved ground game.

Now they can focus on making the fighters feel unique with better movesets (east fix), and custom moves (next iteration).

I think they got the priority correct, assuming that was an active decision
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #52
MVP

* Sorry deleted

Last edited by tissues250; 08-02-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:42 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Better than Faber? No way.

The best fighter Elkins has ever grinded out was Hioki. I think you are overrating him alot.

You cant just compare him to other people in FW because most of them dont have crushing presence. Also when you are talking about levels, its fair to compare across weight classes. For that perk, I'm looking at how much and how easy you keep top control AND who you've done it against.

Faber has dominated Jorgenson, Mizugaki, Assauncao and Alcantara all on the ground.

Demian Maia (a CP Level 2) has a murderer's row of people he's kept top control on.

Elkins has Hioki, Pepey and Chas Skelley
Because this game lacks a little depth in the wrestling/clinch game, I think this question gets muddied.

Faber=More technical grappler (BJJ), more explosive, better scrambler, and great at using his superior athleticism (and technique) to gain advantageous position

This is different from many guys on the UFC roster, like an Elkins, who are perhaps more accurately labeled as grinders. Generalizing a bit, I'd say these guys are like wet blankets, pressing forward, shooting singles/doubles/high crotch or even foot sweeps, and transitioning (chain wrestling) often against the cage. Most of these guys aren't looking to pass guard, or beyond half guard, but rather looking to control and grind (GNP focus).

That's a really obvious point I just made, and I know anyone can point that out -- but I think what it highlights is a missing part in this game. If that depth could be added, there wouldn't really be a linear argument across traits of Faber and Elkins as they are so different in what their goal is and how they approach achieving it. Instead, we're stuck arguing stats because it's the only way to differentiate something that should be solved via gameplay dynamics.

On a quasi-related note: I agree with Faber being more dynamic, and proving his grappling against better competition, but Elkins doninating Hioki on the ground may be the single best performance for this argument. Hioki's BJJ is very very high level, and (I may be thinking of the wrong guy but) Elkins completely shut down his ground game.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #54
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
OMG PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!

..sorry ea...dont ban me....again
Old 08-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #55
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
OMG PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!

..sorry ea...dont ban me....again
WOW!

I wonder if this is true or not?

Honestly I'm not a fan of 2K wrestling games since they jumped to the new consoles. THQ was money when it came to fun wrestling games and the best WWE video game of all time is WWE 2k14 that was made by THQ but had 2K come in at the end and finsh some stuff and put there logos were it needed to be. Once that game ended THQ was no more and wrestling video games have become water down boring slow paced not fun crap. Even the online rank matches are a joke they way it's set up now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #56
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Why would Dana go to 2k? Also where is the actual news other then some guy on reddit?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »