Home

Movesets on the ground.

This is a discussion on Movesets on the ground. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Movesets on the ground.

I know i have brought this up many many times and it never gets addresed, but yesterday while using Benson Henderson i was absolutely shocked...

Why can Benson Henderson not stand up from SUB side control?

Like what in the world?

It was bad enough Alistair Overeem couldn't stand up from side control, but Benson freaking Henderson???

I mean, come on guys.

How many other fighters simply cannot stand up?

You guys realise getting up from every single position on the ground should be possible right?

I mean, Benson Henderson is the scramble king! there is absolutely no excuse for him not being having that transition.

I get what you guys were doing, you wanted people to work for better positions on the ground, but limiting peoples movements on the ground is simpply not realistic or ideal.

EVERY SINGLE fighter in this game should be able to get up from every single position. with a simple click on the L3, NOT A TRANSITION.

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Re: Movesets on the ground.

In UFC1 you could get up from any position with any fighter and the majority of the community complained about it.

On a side note, going for a single leg TD from sub side control, then waiting a moment and faking the actual single leg will put you into standing.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
In UFC1 you could get up from any position with any fighter and the majority of the community complained about it.

On a side note, going for a single leg TD from sub side control, then waiting a moment and faking the actual single leg will put you into standing.
I don't really remember a majority of community complaining about it, but i was only on ea forums.

If stuck in side control where you can't block you definitely need more options imo, and a stand up would help, a bit.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990

I don't remember anyone ever complaining about it? It was easy enough to hold guys on the ground, not sure why taking transitions away was the decision

Also, how many guys actually have the single leg TD from sub side control?

Not a single fighter I currently use regularly I'll tell you that.

I find it hilarious that transition is available but you can't simply stand up from side control.

Benson Henderson has exactly TWO transitions available from side control, half-guard T and Sprawl.

So you are forced into half guard where the guy on top will almost assuredly have GA over you...

Last edited by Morgan Monkman; 08-04-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #5
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I'm not sure how, or why you think if someone IRL has you held in Side Control you can just stand up...

Let me put you in Side Control, and then you try to stand up. It's not that easy.

I guess I can see where you're coming from. There should be an option for a transition to try and stand, but it should be relatively easy to deny.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I'm not sure how, or why you think if someone IRL has you held in Side Control you can just stand up...

Let me put you in Side Control, and then you try to stand up. It's not that easy.

I guess I can see where you're coming from. There should be an option for a transition to try and stand, but it should be relatively easy to deny.

I can do it with my hands tied behind my back.

Side control is crazy, if you have only the two escapes it's probably worst position in the game.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

I would love a speed up in GA on all the get ups in this game and also the breaks from the clinch. They just go to slow when you wanna get off someone or just break away from there body.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:07 AM   #8
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

How many mma fights have you seen someone held in side control for a entire round? I'd bet barely any, half guard is a different story, Randy couture was famous for holding people in that position.

You simply don't hold world class athletes on their back in side control. It doesn't happen

In a jiu-jitsu match you may see it, but that's jiu-jitsu, this is MMA.

Last edited by Morgan Monkman; 08-05-2016 at 12:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »