Home

EA UFC 3 Gamechangers

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Gamechangers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA UFC 3 Gamechangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
Zhunter and LFC Rob are both bosses at the game and with everything they post. Game changers should be very good at the game though. I don’t think it makes sense to have game changers that can be easily beaten by most of the top players online.
I disagree with that somewhat. One, because that would eliminate me (I could beat maybe 2-3 of the other GCers). Two, because there needs to be a more well rounded approach. This game doesnt just appeal to the top players on ranked. This game has to appeal to everyone. People who only play offline. Players who grind on UT. The group that we had was very well rounded (wouldve been more if Tweddy wouldve been able to fully participate).

Finally, the reason why Zack is such a great GCer has nothing to do with his skills in the game, IMO. Its because he is a actual MMA fighter who knows the sport. He was a big reason the momentum system was implemented and he helped alot with the grappling. Same goes with Martial. He's very good at the game but his knowledge of striking is top notch.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #10
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
All I know is I hope they talk as much as they did on EA forums. I can almost count on my fingers posts from GC minus albert32 and zhunter. These should be people that speak for the community....
They all did when we voted for them. We drove them off by blaming them.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #11
MVP

I really hope the community votes for somebody who can sway the developers into developing some really long lasting offline modes. Maybe if we stop calling it Universe Mode and call it Connected Franchise, getting an offline mode that doesn't assume you want to be a single player fighter everytime will become a reality.

At the very least, a matchmaking mode with some calendar elements and injuries would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I really hope the community votes for somebody who can sway the developers into developing some really long lasting offline modes. Maybe if we stop calling it Universe Mode and call it Connected Franchise, getting an offline mode that doesn't assume you want to be a single player fighter everytime will become a reality.

At the very least, a matchmaking mode with some calendar elements and injuries would be nice.

That isnt what a game changer does though. We have ZERO input on what modes get placed in the game. If we did, EA would be announcing Universe Mode for UFC 2 because of the amount I've harrased the dev team about that mode.

At best, the dev team will tell us what modes they plan to use and ask us for ideas related to those modes.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
If say I'm competitive with 90% of quick match or more, my friends are are the same but more like 70-89.9%.

People like us new exploits well before they were talked about in patches. We play this game like addicts, and most of us love mma.

Not saying I should be a gamechanger. I am 100% not saying there shouldn't be expert players as gamechangers of there goal is a better game without ulterior motive.

I'm saying the masses aren't represented as gamechangers as far as I've seen.

To be fair, there might not be any gamechangers, this is theoretical among members. If you donate you get a star next to your post.
It depends on who you consider the "masses." If the masses are the forum community....they are well represented. Zack, Zombie, Solid, Martial and Tweedy were all from the forums. That was more than half of the GCs.

Casual fans were represented well too with Ipod, Game, Kid Showtime.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That isnt what a game changer does though. We have ZERO input on what modes get placed in the game. If we did, EA would be announcing Universe Mode for UFC 2 because of the amount I've harrased the dev team about that mode.

At best, the dev team will tell us what modes they plan to use and ask us for ideas related to those modes.
I don't doubt that at all. But they should really consider bringing you guys in earlier into the developmental cycle, because it's quite clear from an earlier thread that some sort of disconnect exists about how much this sort of mode would get played versus your standard career mode.

I realize they want you guys to work on the gameplay, but modes are what is going to sell the next game IMO. For everyone that complains about gameplay on these forums, at the end of the day, we see that the devs are able and willing to patch things to address it post patch.

But every other sports franchise in the industry has a Franchise Mode, this needs one too.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:55 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I don't doubt that at all. But they should really consider bringing you guys in earlier into the developmental cycle, because it's quite clear from an earlier thread that some sort of disconnect exists about how much this sort of mode would get played versus your standard career mode.

I realize they want you guys to work on the gameplay, but modes are what is going to sell the next game IMO. For everyone that complains about gameplay on these forums, at the end of the day, we see that the devs are able and willing to patch things to address it post patch.

But every other sports franchise in the industry has a Franchise Mode, this needs one too.

You are preaching to the choir man. I couldnt agree more.

The devs and I disagree on what this game needs when it comes to modes sometimes. I appreciate that they let me speak my mind and make my points. With that said, its their call in the end. They have reasons for the decisions they make when it comes to modes. I may not agree with all of them but I can understand why they make them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #16
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You are preaching to the choir man. I couldnt agree more.

The devs and I disagree on what this game needs when it comes to modes sometimes. I appreciate that they let me speak my mind and make my points. With that said, its their call in the end. They have reasons for the decisions they make when it comes to modes. I may not agree with all of them but I can understand why they make them.
I just hope they have finally realized that offline is what sells these games. The AI and the modes need to reflect that. Online modes always have replay value. Offline, not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »