Home

EA UFC 3 Gamechangers

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Gamechangers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Gamechangers

I'm here but I don't post quite as much because for one, the meta is pretty stale right now and has been for a while. And for two, during the LEC events, I played the game to death. Literally hundreds of matches crammed into a couple weeks. ZHunter went through the same thing. He would actually set his alarm clock to wake up and play. That's how serious he was about it.

As far as the group composition, I think all perspectives are represented very well right now.

Solid is a phenomenal sounding board and an unconventional thinker who can poke holes into seemingly good ideas to test their merit. He often comes up with solutions completely out of left field that at first seem bizarre. He places no limits on the bounds of what should be considered, which is very much a scientific approach. Consider it, debate it, test it til it fails. If it doesn't fail, implement. If any of us has an idea that we want to test the veracity of, we feel much more confident with Solid's thumbs up.

Aholbert brings not only an offline player's perspective (which is hugely important), but also an encyclopedic knowledge of MMA past and present. He has an eye for detail when it comes to little touches (like the accuracy of fighter attire, records, etc.) that a competitive gamer won't necessarily care about and notice.

ZHunter is extremely level-headed and can be counted on to give an unbiased and thoughtful opinion. He is very measured and deliberate so when he presents an idea he usually has thought about it from all angles. His knowledge of BJJ and the fact that he's actually competed in MMA informs everyone's understanding of how ground battles should play out. He has suggested some extremely innovative ideas that stem directly from his understanding of how fighters think and feel during fights.

MTS is great at identifying not only what is wrong with something but precisely why. He sees how the individual moving parts of a machine affect the whole thing. This is why when he gives suggestions, he doesn't just say "This sucks, make it better!" He gives holistic suggestions with supporting pieces. He recognizes very clearly how changing one thing can affect another thing like a domino. His strength is in linear thinking. If you present a situation to him, he can reverse-engineer the solution by untangling it linearly.

MMAGAME reflects exactly how the masses perceive the game and is exactly the man you want to question when it comes to building community features. He is semi-casual, semi-competitive and you need a guy like him there because he represents the MMA game fanbase at large. He is very good at telling you if something "feels" off. He has an intuition for whether the game feels good moment to moment.

Kory offers another valuable perspective -- that of the dedicated sports gamer who casually follows MMA. Whilst MMAGAME dedicated a whole youtube channel to covering exclusively MMA games, Kory gives us the perspective of someone who is engaged into Madden/Fifa/NHL games and might want to give MMA games a look if they appealed to him a certain way. None of us beside him can really offer that perspective because we are all pretty hardcore MMA fans and MMA video game fans.

And personally (maybe Aaron can correct me or add something if this isn't accurate), I believe that my primary strength lies in communicating ideas with precision accuracy. I am able to communicate exactly why something is good or bad or needs to change. This stems from my background as an English graduate. I can synthesize ideas the other Game Changers have and chisel their blocks of marble into defined sculptures that are easily digestible by devs. Like Solid I am also an unconventional thinker, just from the opposite angle. (Tweedy calls us robots). This has resulted in my jumpstarting the genesis of some very promising gameplay ideas.

As you can hopefully see from the above, everyone mentioned is a kind of Captain Planet Planeteer who brings their own ingredient to the table. I fully welcome new additions but hope the above cast remains as they all enrich discussion.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 08-16-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #18
MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin's Arena

I wouldn't mind a new GCer who focuses primarily on Ultimate Team I love all of you guys, but we don't really have a dedicated UT player among you
Old 08-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #19
MVP

Trillz's Arena

tbh i wouldnt look into gamechangers too much, at the end of the day the devs have the last say, they might suggest great things but it might not align with the devs capabilities, time management or budget. However i would like to see more effort put into the offline aspect of the game for ea ufc 3, Aholbert has put some great ideas in as well as everyone on the forums. I would like to see some more dedicated offline players attend and give informative ideas.

However i would like to see the devs that visit here, start taking some good ideas from now for Online and Offline modes to minimise the changes they need to make when gamechangers do attend.

I like how GPD created a thread for new grappling moves that wasnt in ea ufc 2 to make it into ea ufc 3. I know already GPD has some good ideas in his head to imrpove the already great ground game.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #20
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScaryMuffin
I wouldn't mind a new GCer who focuses primarily on Ultimate Team I love all of you guys, but we don't really have a dedicated UT player among you
That was because UT just came out this game.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
tbh i wouldnt look into gamechangers too much, at the end of the day the devs have the last say, they might suggest great things but it might not align with the devs capabilities, time management or budget. However i would like to see more effort put into the offline aspect of the game for ea ufc 3, Aholbert has put some great ideas in as well as everyone on the forums. I would like to see some more dedicated offline players attend and give informative ideas.

However i would like to see the devs that visit here, start taking some good ideas from now for Online and Offline modes to minimise the changes they need to make when gamechangers do attend.

I like how GPD created a thread for new grappling moves that wasnt in ea ufc 2 to make it into ea ufc 3. I know already GPD has some good ideas in his head to imrpove the already great ground game.
I would love to see this. MartialMind and Solid both have great input on offline but they are primarily online players. 1 or 2 more offline players would help alot.

You are also right that it really comes down to the company. Not even just the devs. There have been a number of great ideas that have been pitched to the devs that they loved but couldnt institute for budget, manpower or time reasons.

Thats one thing you notice from behind the scenes is that the devs are aware of a lot of the issues we notice but they cant always fix the issues as easily as it would appear from the outside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #22
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScaryMuffin
I really hope all the Ultimate Teams start looking at Madden Ultimate Team, they've been the best one for years now. So much to do there.

Though I do think UFC came in strong for the first attempt, the amount of content was pretty impressive.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

I bet ppl will hate if i became a Game Changer huh? lol
Old 08-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #24
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I bet ppl will hate if i became a Game Changer huh? lol
I think people only care that you are knowledgeable of the game and its mechanics. I wanted Al to go because the EA forums were too online oriented. Luckily he did, but we need more offline guys. That is who buys these games. Otherwise, online would still be rocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »