Home

This is worse than losing to a random insta KO in EA UFC 1.

This is a discussion on This is worse than losing to a random insta KO in EA UFC 1. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:08 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
This is worse than losing to a random insta KO in EA UFC 1.

Here is the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47j3yF0Npuc

I mean literally, the guy had overall stamina much less than me, because he was spamming strong strikes all the game while walking back to the cage and missed all the time.

So my overall stamina is 5-10% more.

Our current stamina, he starts striking while his stamina was regenerating and wasn't 100% of his overall stamina, he misses 2 strikes and a get a lucky 3rd in and my unhurt head instantly gets hurt and my high block is not responding at that point and i get insta KO'ed by a bull**** random spray and prey strike.

Nothing worse than losing your Ranked Title, to a much less skilled opponent than you, in that way, in the broken Finish The Fight Mechanic way and completely random Health Event.

Edit: Just saw it was a non-title fight thankfully.

Edit 2: He was Div 4, 106 wins-60 loses...... I am Div 6 , 394 Wins-130 loses. ( got about 2k quick match games, stuff like that and especially the unpredictable lagfests/input lag ridden games,are the reason i don't even bother with ranked)

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-16-2016 at 05:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 05:30 AM   #2
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

Re: This is worse than losing to a random insta KO in EA UFC 1.

Anything can happen. It's why you've got to be on your toes. It's happened to me and it's frustrating, but anything can happen.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:46 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
Anything can happen. It's why you've got to be on your toes. It's happened to me and it's frustrating, but anything can happen.
"It's why you've got to be on your toes."

I was on my toes, but the mechanic doesn't give you an option as you can see from the video.

Your response is pretty random and vague.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #4
Just started!

Looks like an ok KO to me. Did you post this whilst still super super salty? This stuff happens bro, it's 1 L, move on
Old 08-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFECTA43
Looks like an ok KO to me. Did you post this whilst still super super salty? This stuff happens bro, it's 1 L, move on
Right

It looked awesome lol

I've been body rocked in the first exchange leading to my loss before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #6
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

What was wrong with it? He caught you. That happens in real life too. This is exactly why I throw small combos and mix in a 5 or 6 strike one to catch them off guard. Was actually getting my *** handed to me by a Game Changer, but I caught him by doing this. People look for patterns. When I threw my extended combo, he was starting his combo thinking I was done. He used the jab which he was all match, but I threw a hook on the same side and it caught him in his initial start up for the jab (I know, not really a start up for a jab.), and it rocked him. From there I just clinched and finished.

These suck, but are realistic in how they can take you off guard.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #7
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
"It's why you've got to be on your toes."

I was on my toes, but the mechanic doesn't give you an option as you can see from the video.

Your response is pretty random and vague.
Clearly weren't or he wouldn't of rocked you. You let your guard down and he caught you. It happens.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFECTA43
I know i was salty, but no it's not okay, because that bases the stand-up in luck and at least if they base it in luck, it should at least do something like instantly knock me down and give me a chance to recover. It should follow their Stand-Up pattern, which is the fact that they have disabled insta-random-KOs, due to people complaining in EA UFC 1 that they were completely luck based.. It doesn't follow any logic, it's completely random, i wasn't initating a strike or anything , i just let go of block and a weak strike(due to low stamina) that followed after 2 missed strikes, should not be able to rock you and cause that hit reaction.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Fishingtime,come on man, don't even bring real- life to EA's UFC 2 arcadey stand-up. If it was real-life and a random sloppy strike cought someone, it should either rock the opponent or instantly drop the opponent, not require rock and require another sloppy strike to KO the guy.

If someone gets rocked and stands on his feet, 1 extra strike won't throw them down, like it does in the game.

My suggestion to fix this is, once a random health event kicks in(not after parrying/sliping etc. like this case) Then the next srike of the Vitor Animation, shouldn't do enough damage to knock down the opponent, since it's unblockable due to the hit reaction.

Come on people, i know the game lacks the real-life random upsets intetionally and what i posted here, was clearly not an intended feuture with the path the devs have taken for the game's arcadey stand-up.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-16-2016 at 10:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »