Home

This is why ea shouldn't have programmers test patch

This is a discussion on This is why ea shouldn't have programmers test patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 11:31 PM   #9
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This is why ea shouldn't have programmers test patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I think the GM made people change how they played. Might be a good idea for normal players. A massive tool for top level guys looking for ways to win.
That's what I don't understand.

It has changed how people play, or they are afraid that it will?

If it's a fear, why stop playing until it actually negatively affects their experience.

If it's already negatively affecting their experience, why not explain what's changed?

Because over time people were going to discover everything the meter reveals eventually.

So if there are real issues in the game, let's try and fix them.

Clock's ticking for that kind of thing.

Expediting the discovery of problems is a very, very good thing right now given where we are.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:34 PM   #10
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
That's what I don't understand.

It has changed how people play, or they are afraid that it will?

If it's a fear, why stop playing until it actually negatively affects their experience.

If it's already negatively affecting their experience, why not explain what's changed?

Because over time people were going to discover everything the meter reveals eventually.

So if there are real issues in the game, let's try and fix them.

Clock's ticking for that kind of thing.

Expediting the discovery of problems is a very, very good thing right now given where we are.
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what it is with it. If they found an exploit, I'd hope they would PM one of you guys.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:34 PM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

At higher levels of quick match people exploit whatever they possibly can. I don't want my opponent watching a metre fill for best chance of passing or takedowns takedowns.

It's taking realism or of it. I know I said I would stop but wanted to address gpd.

There is already a few exploits that that haven't been addressed. Can't block from side control craziness. Someone with average finger speed can keep you on side control for 5 rounds.

Fakes. Big penalty for trying to deny fake, exploit, crazy exploit. B if you think ranked is bad you should see quick match.

At least in quick match you don't fight McGregor with the silliest stats in game

Last edited by Dave_S; 08-16-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 12:33 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
At higher levels of quick match people exploit whatever they possibly can. I don't want my opponent watching a metre fill for best chance of passing or takedowns takedowns.

It's taking realism or of it. I know I said I would stop but wanted to address gpd.

There is already a few exploits that that haven't been addressed. Can't block from side control craziness. Someone with average finger speed can keep you on side control for 5 rounds.

Fakes. Big penalty for trying to deny fake, exploit, crazy exploit. B if you think ranked is bad you should see quick match.

At least in quick match you don't fight McGregor with the silliest stats in game
Dave my friend I am with you on most things but I have to agree with Bigg Cee. It seems like the point of your argument is the GA meter will cause quick match players to start spamming and exploiting the GA. Making the most of the GA is what the game designer’s intended. You call it exploiting other would call it making the most of. GA is there to do just that, help you get an advantage. I guess what you are saying is before quick match players didn't know about GA so it was easier to beat them which you found more fun and would use more realism to defeat them. You will just have to adapt my friend and find new ways to smash people.

I got to be honest and also say the level of fighters in quick match is pretty low for the most part so you shouldn't have too many issues smashing people. For just about every GA spam or exploit in the game there is a counter so when you see people in quick match exploiting GA just learn the counter to that exploit and you can become the king of quick match once again.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
Dave my friend I am with you on most things but I have to agree with Bigg Cee. It seems like the point of your argument is the GA meter will cause quick match players to start spamming and exploiting the GA. Making the most of the GA is what the game designer’s intended. You call it exploiting other would call it making the most of. GA is there to do just that, help you get an advantage. I guess what you are saying is before quick match players didn't know about GA so it was easier to beat them which you found more fun and would use more realism to defeat them. You will just have to adapt my friend and find new ways to smash people.

I got to be honest and also say the level of fighters in quick match is pretty low for the most part so you shouldn't have too many issues smashing people. For just about every GA spam or exploit in the game there is a counter so when you see people in quick match exploiting GA just learn the counter to that exploit and you can become the king of quick match once again.
have you played a high level quick match player, the best player by far I fought was in quick match the other night. there are some killers. you won't match up with them if you've never played ranked. you can be highest ranked ultimate team and you will play level one opponents in quick match
Old 08-17-2016, 02:38 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
have you played a high level quick match player, the best player by far I fought was in quick match the other night. there are some killers. you won't match up with them if you've never played ranked. you can be highest ranked ultimate team and you will play level one opponents in quick match
I am level 6. My record in ranked is 360 and 120 and I never use the champions with the exception of Jones. I recently defeated Dopeyarab and Jon_Darby who are both ranked in the top 30 on the overall leader board. I am not up there with MMAFRO or LFC Rob but I am decent at the game. Since getting good at the game I have played about 300 games in quick match on a level 3 account and mostly use players like Jorge Masvidal, Joe Duffy and Michael McDonald and I have been defeated about 9 times total. The 9 players that beat me would have still beaten me if they had the GA meter or not.

In EA UFC 1 I used to dominate ranked the way I now dominate quick match. The thing is with EA UFC 2 is a lot of things are much harder to master which is why many people prefer quick match as the competition is much easier to handle. You can't deny quick match players something that will help them improve just because you don't want them to get as good as you. Alternatively you have to use the GA to improve your own skills and knowledge of the game. There is nothing wrong with using the GA to your advantage. That is the whole point of GA.

Last edited by trainbyday1; 08-17-2016 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #15
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Are you for real? The Patch is awesome, if the GA metre bothers you that much then either

A) Turn the damn thing off

or

B) Stop being a noob hiding in quick match and play ranked instead. Put your record on the line where there is no metre
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #16
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
Are you for real? The Patch is awesome, if the GA metre bothers you that much then either

A) Turn the damn thing off

or

B) Stop being a noob hiding in quick match and play ranked instead. Put your record on the line where there is no metre
He is a high level player, so he gets matched with high level in quick fights. He can turn his off, but others can still use theirs to play to win.

A lot of us like to play around in quick fights because it is less competitive and more for realism when fighting. You can't get that in ranked modes. Right now, there are a lot of top players labbing the meter and its effects. When that realism dies off, so does the rest of the game for a lot of us. This is a game. It has to be fun sometimes or it gets stale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »