Home

This is the best the A.I. has been!

This is a discussion on This is the best the A.I. has been! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #25
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This is the best the A.I. has been!

What about when you rock them and they go into "parry god" mode? Does it even matter if you feint then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 06:11 PM   #26
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
What about when you rock them and they go into "parry god" mode? Does it even matter if you feint then?
Honestly, I'm surprised to hear people say this is still a thing. I was pretty darn sure that was removed.

Putting it out there in words so people know for sure: we don't want the AI to be a parry god, or even overly proficient at it.

They're not getting removed, but the AI aught to be doing a whole lot of other defensive things a whole lot more.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Honestly, I'm surprised to hear people say this is still a thing. I was pretty darn sure that was removed.

Putting it out there in words so people know for sure: we don't want the AI to be a parry god, or even overly proficient at it.

They're not getting removed, but the AI aught to be doing a whole lot of other defensive things a whole lot more.
A.I. parrying is at very acceptable levels. It's just that sometimes they can happen at the most inopportune times and you sort of exaggerate it in your head. With that said, Skynet guy, will you guys ever consider removing the parries just for the hooks and uppercuts? Seems like a reasonable request. Parrying hooks and uppercuts in real life are basically non-existent, I'm not saying they're not possible but they are rare if they do ever happen. Plus, removing the parries for the hooks and uppercuts will dramatically improve the flow and action of each bout. Parries are not the only way to defend. I'm sure we can all survive by blocking and swaying. Also, on a semi-serious not, is EA Sports legally bound to use the parrying system for some weird reason?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #28
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
A.I. parrying is at very acceptable levels. It's just that sometimes they can happen at the most inopportune times and you sort of exaggerate it in your head. With that said, Skynet guy, will you guys ever consider removing the parries just for the hooks and uppercuts? Seems like a reasonable request. Parrying hooks and uppercuts in real life are basically non-existent, I'm not saying they're not possible but they are rare if they do ever happen. Plus, removing the parries for the hooks and uppercuts will dramatically improve the flow and action of each bout. Parries are not the only way to defend. I'm sure we can all survive by blocking and swaying. Also, on a semi-serious not, is EA Sports legally bound to use the parrying system for some weird reason?
While we consider a great many things, that doesn't always mean they happen. So yes, we have indeed considered this, as well as other changes both simple and drastic to the parry system.

So while I won't say anything will change for certain, I can assure you that the team knows about the various community complaints and acts on them in the best way we can. Sometimes the best we can do is not what the community wants or expects from us, but we really do try to make the best game for you guys we can.

The best thing you can do, is keep making your voice heard.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #29
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet

Don't get me wrong...the A.I. is in a much better place than last patch and much better than UFC 1. It's just that the parrying seems to be more drastic at certain times (like when you rock the opponent) and the way the strikes are parried are a bit ridiculous imo. I know you are just in charge of the A.I. and not the parry system or anything, but if parrying could be removed for certain strikes (like hooks and uppercuts) that in itself would be a game changer to the system.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:39 PM   #30
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

The A.I. could still use a lot of work but it's getting better.

It's head movement has gotten way better! There was a few times I got a little over aggressive against the CPU and it would put me in the matrix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »