Home

Stamina...

This is a discussion on Stamina... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
If they make stamina by itself more realistic with the way the game is currently it would be pretty awful. But combine it with a more realistic damage system that isn't so combo-centric and it could actually be more fun.

Every engagement would be more meaningful, you have to pace yourself and chose your attacks wisely because you risk gassing or being clipped. Pressuring would remain a viable strategy but the rushdown would not.
The bolded text... yes
Old 08-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK90
I've been idle for a while, but this is a hot topic for me. I consider myself to be better than average in online ultimate team. The one thing that really gets under my skin is the reward that the current game design gives for brawling. There is NO benefit to being patient and being a more accurate fighter even when you are using the best tools in your shed so to speak.

I'm not sure why, but even when I hammer these aggressive fighters with 5* body kicks and punch counters for 2 to 3 rounds they are still able to come at me like the energizer bunny and no penalty for their less than 20% accuracy while throwing 200 strikes. Often times my very accurate striking leaves me empty handed because I don't spam anything greater than a 2 to 3 piece combo at the most. I call bullshi* As of the last patch I'll catch one single straight punch that wasn't part of a combo and my fighter all of a sudden does a back flip and I'm out cold. At the end of these frustrating fights that I lose, there is a definite pattern..... Me with 3x the significant strikes landed than my opponent. What's up?

I'm also sick of being chased down with body jab/body straight spammers that can combo off this crap and send you to the canvas before you even realize what's happening. I'll side step these guys and pound them with a 5* power hook and they just keep coming. It seems like the only rewarding counter in this game is off of a parry. What gives?
So much this. There is almost no "real" counter striking in this game. If I pick Mark Hunt I can slip punches all day but my opponent can eat my counters like candy and just keep coming
Old 08-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #19
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK90
I've been idle for a while, but this is a hot topic for me. I consider myself to be better than average in online ultimate team. The one thing that really gets under my skin is the reward that the current game design gives for brawling. There is NO benefit to being patient and being a more accurate fighter even when you are using the best tools in your shed so to speak.

I'm not sure why, but even when I hammer these aggressive fighters with 5* body kicks and punch counters for 2 to 3 rounds they are still able to come at me like the energizer bunny and no penalty for their less than 20% accuracy while throwing 200 strikes. Often times my very accurate striking leaves me empty handed because I don't spam anything greater than a 2 to 3 piece combo at the most. I call bullshi* As of the last patch I'll catch one single straight punch that wasn't part of a combo and my fighter all of a sudden does a back flip and I'm out cold. At the end of these frustrating fights that I lose, there is a definite pattern..... Me with 3x the significant strikes landed than my opponent. What's up?

I'm also sick of being chased down with body jab/body straight spammers that can combo off this crap and send you to the canvas before you even realize what's happening. I'll side step these guys and pound them with a 5* power hook and they just keep coming. It seems like the only rewarding counter in this game is off of a parry. What gives?
This so much. Especially after last patch I'm having so much trouble counter striking. I used to win 9/10 of my fights now every third fight I lose to someone who has no business beating me. I was totally destroying a guy rocking him 4 times, he hits a random headkick, my Cody does the random stepback rocked animation and immediatly gets hit by an unblockable spinning head kick because there's a delay on the block button and off he goes flying into oblivion with no recovery possible.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:34 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
This so much. Especially after last patch I'm having so much trouble counter striking. I used to win 9/10 of my fights now every third fight I lose to someone who has no business beating me. I was totally destroying a guy rocking him 4 times, he hits a random headkick, my Cody does the random stepback rocked animation and immediatly gets hit by an unblockable spinning head kick because there's a delay on the block button and off he goes flying into oblivion with no recovery possible.
The bold text, glad you brought this up.

I am also getting fed up of getting one shot KO'd in the clinch. It's an absolute death sentence. These guys say all these things about "fuzzy blocking", but on my end I push the appropriate block button way ahead of the strike even beginning it's forward momentum and I still get knocked out. I'm not talking about eating repetitive knees. I'm talking one single knee is a death sentence. It's time to dial this down substantially.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:11 PM   #21
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

There are a few things that can be done to improve stamina:

First thing is to set a realistic pace for the game.

I'll use Conor McGregor as an example because he has one of the most active paces in the UFC and because he usually throws almost everything with fight ending intentions his Sig strike stats will actually paint a pretty accurate picture.

Conor averages about 6 Sig strikes landed per minute. His accuracy is 48%. This means Conor on average attempts 60-65 strikes per round statistically. If he were to keep this pace up for five rounds statistically at the end of a fight he would average 300 to 325 strike attempts.

Again to reiterate. Conor who's bouts consist of mostly striking with minimal grappling, statistically averages 300-325 striking attempts in a FIVE ROUND FIGHT!!!! But realistically that kind of pace will catch up to you early (We see Conor noticeably slow down by the second round at UFC 202)

Now the problem is there are casuals that put up comparable numbers in a round or two with fighters who don't nearly fight at Conor's pace!!!! Now factor in that a lot of fight time in the UFC is taken up with wrestling/grappling and it's easy to see the pace in this game is WAY too fast!

If the game was to go a more sim direction (which I believe they should) there should be serious ENDURANCE penalties for maintaining a high pace. Notice I said endurance not stamina. If someone wants to try and take someone's head off in the first round, they should have that option, but they should eventually gas and be at a major disadvantage for the rest of the fight. A fight that comes to mind is Carwin vs Lesnar. Carwin hurt Lesnar in the first roundand over aggressively pursued the finish, this ended up costing Carwin big time because coming into the second round Lesnar recovered and Carwin was completely gassed. As you can imagine Brock took him down and finished in the second.

How much cheese would be avoided with proper stamina in place. No more players recklessly throwing spinning/jumping/flying strikes over and over, no more clinch spam or takedown spam.

A well implemented sim-based stamina system could be a major gamechanger for the franchise. Making gameplay more about mind games and outsmarting your opponent than overwhelming them. And that's something a casual or hardcore MMA fan can appreciate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 01:37 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:

I'll use Conor McGregor as an example because he has one of the most active paces in the UFC and because he usually throws almost everything with fight ending intentions his Sig strike stats will actually paint a pretty accurate picture.

Conor averages about 6 Sig strikes landed per minute. His accuracy is 48%. This means Conor on average attempts 60-65 strikes per round statistically. If he were to keep this pace up for five rounds statistically at the end of a fight he would average 300 to 325 strike attempts.

Again to reiterate. Conor who's bouts consist of mostly striking with minimal grappling, statistically averages 300-325 striking attempts in a FIVE ROUND FIGHT!!!! But realistically that kind of pace will catch up to you early (We see Conor noticeably slow down by the second round at UFC 202)

Now the problem is there are casuals that put up comparable numbers in a round or two with fighters who don't nearly fight at Conor's pace!!!! Now factor in that a lot of fight time in the UFC is taken up with wrestling/grappling and it's easy to see the pace in this game is WAY too fast!

If the game was to go a more sim direction (which I believe they should) there should be serious ENDURANCE penalties for maintaining a high pace. Notice I said endurance not stamina. If someone wants to try and take someone's head off in the first round, they should have that option, but they should eventually gas and be at a major disadvantage for the rest of the fight. A fight that comes to mind is Carwin vs Lesnar. Carwin hurt Lesnar in the first roundand over aggressively pursued the finish, this ended up costing Carwin big time because coming into the second round Lesnar recovered and Carwin was completely gassed. As you can imagine Brock took him down and finished in the second.

How much cheese would be avoided with proper stamina in place. No more players recklessly throwing spinning/jumping/flying strikes over and over, no more clinch spam or takedown spam.

A well implemented sim-based stamina system could be a major gamechanger for the franchise. Making gameplay more about mind games and outsmarting your opponent than overwhelming them. And that's something a casual or hardcore MMA fan can appreciate.
Very good post! I really wish they would do this!
Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

I actually really like this idea too, but I would constantly gas out lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Very good post! I really wish they would do this!

Sent from my ZTE Blade V580 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »