Home

How can I not complain? Most BS 1 Punch KO You'll see in EA UFC 2. Seriously WTF?

This is a discussion on How can I not complain? Most BS 1 Punch KO You'll see in EA UFC 2. Seriously WTF? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How can I not complain? Most BS 1 Punch KO You'll see in EA UFC 2. Seriously WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
No, he was missing. The straight landed and KO'ed him. I've even shown videos where one strike can do this, but there is always an action being performed when it happens. I couldn't see that here, but that doesn't mean he didn't press an action that would cause this already and the input just was a little off. This was a buggy KO. For one, he was going sideways. So it wasn't like he walked into the strike. Secondly, the guy missed the other strikes, yet he got what looked like a shot from a combo. Could have just looked that way though. No way to really see the multiplier. Latency is the only thing that KO explains that to me.
To me, it looked like the jab grazed him in 0.25 speed on Youtube. Either that or it went right through him. That's enough for the multiplier to come into play. It doesn't show up on the stamina bar, but whatever. It's glitchy/laggy, but it's not outside of the boundaries of the game (flash knockdowns do exist in the game).
Old 08-21-2016, 07:22 AM   #18
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: How can I not complain? Most BS 1 Punch KO You'll see in EA UFC 2. Seriously WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
To me, it looked like the jab grazed him in 0.25 speed on Youtube. Either that or it went right through him. That's enough for the multiplier to come into play. It doesn't show up on the stamina bar, but whatever. It's glitchy/laggy, but it's not outside of the boundaries of the game (flash knockdowns do exist in the game).
The multiplier is only supposed to work on strikes after another one has landed successfully. Man might make a lot of complaint threads, but this one is legit. That straight shouldn't have done that in this game. Not without some other action being performed. This video I made shows where this can happen. They were in the beginning phases of a strike. These would have been flash KOs on Undisputed because that is where the flash KOs where tied to. The initial start up. This one shows where blocking the wrong spot at the wrong time can rock you. This one, his block is reaching its peak when the strike landed in the area he wasn't blocking. These make sense. His doesn't for this game.

Last edited by fishingtime; 08-21-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:49 AM   #19
Rookie

Like I said, it looks to me like a jab was landed initially. Whether that reflected or not in the stamina meter is a different issue, probably lag-related. It doesn't seem out of place at all for a 1-2 combo to do this. I mean, you can't tell me you haven't seen jankier stuff in this game.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:10 AM   #20
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
Like I said, it looks to me like a jab was landed initially. Whether that reflected or not in the stamina meter is a different issue, probably lag-related. It doesn't seem out of place at all for a 1-2 combo to do this. I mean, you can't tell me you haven't seen jankier stuff in this game.
This wasn't a 1-2 though. Watch it again. The straight was the only strike that landed in that sequence, and he wasn't moving forward or performing another action that would create this in the game. If KOs were this random, there would be tons of complaints. From me included. I think if anything, he did input something we couldn't see.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #21
Pro

I dunno to me when watching you can see his face move slightly from the jabbing hitting him, so that registered as a hit followed by the straight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #22
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
I dunno to me when watching you can see his face move slightly from the jabbing hitting him, so that registered as a hit followed by the straight
Even if the jab landed( which it didn't) and even if i was striking and got cought mid strike start animation (Which i wasn't) There is no justification for a random jab after a missed strike, to rock my pretty much untouched head, then a straight insta KO me.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #23
Pro

Your head wasn't 'pretty much untouched' another 2-3 hard hits it would of been bright red practically, when he dropped you your head was more damage than his. It sucks but to me it seems fine, you walked into a punch and regardless if you say it didn't, the video shows the jab just landing at the tip, the game registered that, followed by the straight.

Should you have been instant ko? Maybe not, but that's that
Old 08-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #24
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Your head wasn't 'pretty much untouched' another 2-3 hard hits it would of been bright red practically, when he dropped you your head was more damage than his. It sucks but to me it seems fine, you walked into a punch and regardless if you say it didn't, the video shows the jab just landing at the tip, the game registered that, followed by the straight.

Should you have been instant ko? Maybe not, but that's that
You can watch the whole ~2 min fight and realize, that i got hit in the head only 21 times(including the straight and i say only, because that is a small number in this game, especially when those strikes are randomly thrown out there instead being part of devastating combos)

He didn't even attempt to hit me at the body. Out of those 21 hits, 11 were jab/straights( weak strikes) while the others were random head kicks while i was closing the distance and 1-2 powerfull overhands.

I on the other hand landed 54 punches with Mike '1 Punch KO' Tyson and i landed them all cleanly and in combos for increased damage, yet i didn't get a single health event, and most of the strikes i landed were landed while AJ was pretty much 0 stamina(which even greatly increases damage and possiblility of Health Event)

No matter what you say, the game is arcadey and there is no stopping power or flashy KO's and if you play about a month or so, you'll figure it out and how it's mechanics work.

My head looks more hurt than usual, due to the Youtube Video Compression quality.

Compare my Head to his Body and also compare my head when it gets KO'ed to a few seconds later after he is ground and pounding my unconcious body, to get a feel of how unhurt my head was during the 1 punch KO.

The Flashy KO's happen only once your head is 100% as red as possible, so there is no justification for that, Period.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-21-2016 at 06:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »