Home

Decisions?

This is a discussion on Decisions? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Decisions?

My issue with decisions is that there's very little presentation aspect to them. I would have liked to see like stat overlays, or judge's scoring overlays or something to see how they came to that decision, and it might make me swallow them a little better.

I don't really get too many goofy decisions when I play, at least not this far into the patches.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
You may want to invest in an online analytical comprehension course before spreading further mistruths about my previous posts. What I actually made clear was the game should be fun to play but there needs to be a balance between realism and fun.

The fact you haven't had multiple discussions over various threads could mean many things including people avoid you, people don’t respect your opinion or people skip over your post when they see your name. Hence I am not exactly sure what you think you are proving by that statement. I would invite you to investigate the link between cause and effect before attempting to make future arguments linking multiple replies to the validly of my statements.

I respect OneDrop's opinion. I don't skip over his name and I don't avoid him. I don't think many others skip over him either.

Just because people debate with you doesn't mean that they respect your opinion. In fact, depending on the person it could mean the opposite.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I respect OneDrop's opinion. I don't skip over his name and I don't avoid him. I don't think many others skip over him either.

Just because people debate with you doesn't mean that they respect your opinion. In fact, depending on the person it could mean the opposite.
I didn't say others actually don't respect him. What I did was offer a possible reason for his single thread interaction example without causation, just as he did, in order to illustrate one needs a link between cause and effect before establishing a conclusion.

Lol. At no point did I establish a link between people debating with me and respect. Just because I mentioned some users may ignore One Drop because they don't respect him does not automatically mean I am implying people who debate you respect you. You have come to that conclusion on your own without sound logic. Bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
I didn't say others actually don't respect him. What I did was offer a possible reason for his single thread interaction example without causation, just as he did, in order to illustrate one needs a link between cause and effect before establishing a conclusion.

Lol. At no point did I establish a link between people debating with me and respect. Just because I mentioned some users may ignore One Drop because they don't respect him does not automatically mean I am implying people who debate you respect you. You have come to that conclusion on your own without sound logic. Bro.

You inferred that one of the reasons was that people don't respect him. I responded that I believe that is wrong and that people do actually respect him. You have no proof that people here don't respect him or ignore him.

While I can look at plenty of threads where people have responded to his posts as proof that people aren't ignoring him.

You on the other hand? You have been consistently aggressive and condescending to Devs and users alike. The only reason that you are still around is that you seem to be talented enough to not cross the line where you would get banned.

With that said, it's hard to tow that line for a long time. Either you will tone down some of your responses or you will slip up and get banned. I've been on this forum for 15 years and I've seen it happen a ton of times. Anyway best of luck bro.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You inferred that one of the reasons was that people don't respect him. I responded that I believe that is wrong and that people do actually respect him. You have no proof that people here don't respect him or ignore him.

While I can look at plenty of threads where people have responded to his posts as proof that people aren't ignoring him.

You on the other hand? You have been consistently aggressive and condescending to Devs and users alike. The only reason that you are still around is that you seem to be talented enough to not cross the line where you would get banned.

With that said, it's hard to tow that line for a long time. Either you will tone down some of your responses or you will slip up and get banned. I've been on this forum for 15 years and I've seen it happen a ton of times. Anyway best of luck bro.
It is important to look at the reason for my inference and not just the inference itself as I was deliberately establishing a random conclusion based on weak causation in the same way One Drop did to highlight the fact that method of thinking is not a reasonable one. I did not explicitly confirm people actually didn't respect him. Re read my comment above. I outlined it out pretty clearly.

When I first joined this forum in my opinion there was sometimes a double standard by some mods on the things people like yourself and other long term members could get away with and things new member could get away with. Lately I have seen a much fairer response from all mods including the ones that in my opinion initially seemed bias. I find Millennium to be especially fair and reasonable.

There is a difference between disagreeing and being aggressive. I have responded to the DEVs, One Drop and others alike with the same tone as I have been met. I have had nothing but praise for GameplayDevUFC as he has always been nothing but courteous and professional. When I am met by sarcasms, petulance and rhetorical questions by any members or DEVs I am entitled to defend myself. Respect is a two way street. If you follow my thread I have not instigated anything and merely responded in the same manner with which I was treated. I have complemented many members on their great posts and content. I plan to be on this forum for a long time so we will likely be spending many years together aholbert32.

Last edited by trainbyday1; 08-26-2016 at 10:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »