Home

How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

This is a discussion on How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 06:45 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Tough talk? I wasn't picking a fight homie calm down. My point is that if this game was made identical to a sim it would be god awful.

Why would I want to play a different fighting game when I'm the best at this one and love the sport?

You're angry that your telegraphed and predictable 1-2's are getting parried. It's ok son. It will be ok.
You clearly dont love the sport

You just want tekken with MMA fighters

Saying the game would be awful if it was sim is ridiculous. Nba 2k and Fifa try to add more realistic concepts to gameplay and that's a large part of why those franchises have succeeded

If the devs listen to you they're going to lose a large portion of their hardcore fanbase and the game will die out 3 months into every release
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #26
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
^ The parry system is trash and not done right. I'm sure that you know that as much time as you have put into this game. It's just a super easy and over rewarded system for noobs to create easy offense. It definitely needs change.
The parries aren't always parries though. A lot of times they are just movement to emulate a real life dodge. Look at the parries of leg kicks. They don't actually parry. They hop back to avoid the kick while staying in range. Things that look realistic, but have to be situational or it would look silly to see someone trying to dash like that. Parries need to be like real life, and basically put you out of range for a lot of strikes. Fighters don't parry an uppercut and stay within striking range. They parry the strike and push off while doing it to create distance so they aren't hit. This would make parrying more about timing a strike right and knowing you have the ability to counter. Some parries need to take you out of striking range to keep people from relying on it unrealistically.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:54 AM   #27
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Saying the game would be awful if it was sim is ridiculous.
Have you met this guy?

Imagine someone laying on you, rabbit punching you for 5 rounds and get back to us on a true sim.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Have you met this guy?

Imagine someone laying on you, rabbit punching you for 5 rounds and get back to us on a true sim.
So stuff the TDs

Every fight / fighter isnt GSP but the option to fight like him should exist if you have the ratings and stick skills to back it up

Edit: Hell i remember it happening when i played undisputed. It just made me that much more cautious of the TD.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 08-27-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added stuff
Old 08-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #29
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
The parries aren't always parries though. A lot of times they are just movement to emulate a real life dodge. Look at the parries of leg kicks. They don't actually parry. They hop back to avoid the kick while staying in range. Things that look realistic, but have to be situational or it would look silly to see someone trying to dash like that. Parries need to be like real life, and basically put you out of range for a lot of strikes. Fighters don't parry an uppercut and stay within striking range. They parry the strike and push off while doing it to create distance so they aren't hit. This would make parrying more about timing a strike right and knowing you have the ability to counter. Some parries need to take you out of striking range to keep people from relying on it unrealistically.
Yh that's a good idea too..moving out of the way of certain strikes and not being in range to strike back. Fighters do that alot. Right now the system they have in place is just all wrong. Get a parry and you can literally freeze your opponent and land pretty much any strike (parry a jab and land a free head kick smh) free. Kinda reminds me of using sub-zero in MK, freezing someone and then trying to land a strike before they can move again.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #30
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
So stuff the TDs

Every fight / fighter isnt GSP but the option to fight like him should exist if you have the ratings and stick skills to back it up

Edit: Hell i remember it happening when i played undisputed. It just made me that much more cautious of the TD.
True sim you wouldn't be able to stop a lot of takedowns. GSP could take down a lot of guys at will.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
True sim you wouldn't be able to stop a lot of takedowns. GSP could take down a lot of guys at will.
Not true at all

GSP was amazing at setting them up with strikes

If he just tried to bulldoze everyone all the time then he wouldnt have had nearly as much success

If there's a huge gap in ratings then im fine with only reaction based TDD and the window being very small
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #32
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

Quote:
Have you met this guy?

That's a pretty interesting point. Things like randomness and extreme disparity in stats for the roster are things that almost everyone doesn't want in the game that would exist if the game was 100% sim.

But generally speaking the game would be much better if it headed in a more sim direction.

----------------------------

On your point about Georges, sure he would be a monster in an 100% sim game but a big part of his success with getting guys to the mat is his IQ. He sets his takedowns up really well and has incredible insticts/reaction time for shooting in and off balancing opponents. Without these attributes he wouldn't have been nearly as successful as he was with his MMA wrestling. Even though he outwrestled guys like Hendricks, Koscheck or Fitch in an MMA fight, I highly doubt he could do it in a straight wrestling match.

My point being even in an 100% sim game the player would only have St. Pierre's body, not his IQ. So chances are he wouldn't be nearly as scary in the game as he is in real life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »