Home

How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

This is a discussion on How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 03:25 PM   #33
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

^ Good point. He also has great IQ once he gets them to the mat as well. If you watch his fights and you train in grappling or have ample knowledge of it, you will notice there are many little subtle things he does that helps him advance position and maintain top control.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #34
Banned

Devs here's a recap:

1) Remove parries for HOOKS and UPPERCUTS
2) Parries should ALWAYS be a DEFENSIVE tool and nothing else
Old 08-27-2016, 07:16 PM   #35
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

^ I wouldn't mind them being removed for hooks and uppercuts...hate how it interrupts the flow of the striking looking like some kung fu flick. Even just that would make a world of difference with this horrid parry system. EA has made the parries in this game seem like an offensive tool lol. With this kind of system all noobs have to do is sit back and wait to press a button so they can get a shortcut to easy offense after their opponent is frozen. It's crazy how so many things with the striking in this game nulify realistic play and promote a button mashing style where you want to go for combos and fancy strikes, instead of fight smart like a real fighter. Hope to god they actually do something with the parries, but it probably won't happen. Think this game may only be getting one more patch...not sure.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-27-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
^ I wouldn't mind them being removed for hooks and uppercuts...hate how it interrupts the flow of the striking looking like some kung fu flick. Even just that would make a world of difference with this horrid parry system. EA has made the parries in this game seem like an offensive tool lol. With this kind of system all noobs have to do is sit back and wait to press a button so they can get a shortcut to easy offense after their opponent is frozen. It's crazy how so many things with the striking in this game nulify realistic play and promote a button mashing style where you want to go for combos and fancy strikes, instead of fight smart like a real fighter. Hope to god they actually do something with the parries, but it probably won't happen. Think this game may only be getting one more patch...not sure.
C'mon EA. Removing the parries for hooks and uppercuts only won't destroy this game. Don't be afraid to take the "risk." It's only a "risk" if you care more about arcade fighting fans who don't know anything about MMA and have to rely on the game to create an opening for them.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:59 PM   #37
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

I don't even understand how people implement parrying in their game. I rarely ever use it because you can't block after a parry attempt and leaves you exposed to anything and everything. It's just too much of a risk for me.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
I don't even understand how people implement parrying in their game. I rarely ever use it because you can't block after a parry attempt and leaves you exposed to anything and everything. It's just too much of a risk for me.
I'm sure players can get good with the parrying. All they see is that it gives them a free shot. It's for people who don't understand real life combat sports. If the game allows them, you can't blame them for using it. This is ALL on the developer for promoting ignorance.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:43 AM   #39
Rookie

Parry spamming is the reason I stopped playing, its so ridiculous.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:59 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
I'm sure players can get good with the parrying. All they see is that it gives them a free shot. It's for people who don't understand real life combat sports. If the game allows them, you can't blame them for using it. This is ALL on the developer for promoting ignorance.
Even if what you're advocating was granted the game would still be "unrealistic" such to the extent that it still doesn't resemble an mma fight

It's a stupid suggestion to push for absolute realism in the game, there will always be more layers to such realism

There will always be things players will "exploit" just like in a real fight

There are ways to deal with parry spam

Asking to alter the game to make it easier for you is the real heart of the complaints, "realism" will never be attained
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »