Home

How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

This is a discussion on How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

Jab/Straights are fast, but not fast enough, they should be faster.

Jab/Straights shouldn't be the basic requirement for any other strike to be initiated(uppercats/hooks/overhand hooks)

Those other strikes should stand on their own and not require a jab/straight to make them belong in a combo that increases their speed. Their original/solo speed should be as fast as a current jab is.

And here is where the solution comes to make those strikes more powerfull.

-You press tap the punch/kick button and a simple quick strike with auto-lunge/heatseek accuracy is thrown that is really hard to get a health event or deal real damage with.

-You hold the punch/kick button and a slower/more stamina draining/ more stopping power strike is thrown and those strikes cause the health events and also cause the stun hit reactions.

5 other Things that this also improves:

-The current strike speed that most proffesional fighters have in EA UFC 2, should be reserved for the newly created fighters, who's stats are low, that's been an issue with the previous game, where low rated fighters simply look ridiculous and fight as if they were drunk 80 year old grandpas.

-If the striking speed is increased and becomes more realistic, there would be an option to add perfectly timed 1 punch KO's , that occur in the beginning phase of an opponent's strike attempt, since that window to land a perfect strike , would be greatly decreased and would make them more rare, if the overall strike speed is increased.

-If someone parries the quick strike, it shouldn't give him a counter window that takes away the ability to block from the opponent.
If someone however parries the heavy strike, it should give him a counter window that takes away the abilty to block for a short period of time.

-You could add seperate health events. Health events caused by hard strikes where you hold the button, should do the stamina drain the current health events have and should make the opponent stagger and be in pure survival mode.
And Health events caused by the quick strikes, should not be rocking the opponent so much and not drain as much stamina, allow the rocked opponent to recover quickly and strike back while under those less effective health events, don't make him go in pure survival mode.

-Last but not least, it gives variety to striking. For example you tap the rear head kick button and a normal rear head kick is thrown, however you hold the rear head kick button and for specific fighters it turns it into a question mark kick etc.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-22-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

ppl who do nothing but counter with parries then throw a overhand are so annoying.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
ppl who do nothing but counter with parries then throw a overhand are so annoying.
That's blockable some times, what's worse is when playing against Carlos Condit, who can throw a high lead head kick, which also causes a full body hit reaction and then opens up for a rear head kick, that goes together and if you get rocked by the first lead head kick, you are getting KO'ed by the second one coming and there is no way to block it.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
Banned

For the 99th time, REMOVE THE PARRIES FOR HOOKS AND UPPERCUTS. It's amazing how many birds you'll kill with this one stone.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

I agree the striking speed needs to be faster. The striking speed in UFC 1 felt more realistic imo. The striking in this game just feels clunky and delayed. You use a lightweight fighter and throw a jab/straight like a slow super heavyweight unless your near to the opponent smh. Striking needs to be more fast and responsive. As far as the parries go, I still think they are trash and is just a system made to help the noobs create easy offense.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Speed of 1,2 is already absurd especially in wbw. Lag/delay issues make it even worse I don't need to have 4strikes to my head and waiting for my delayed block to come up. Parry s somehow depends on lag/delay so other day some guy with no stats was literally parrying every 1st strike in my combos what was pure bs. Unless they significantly improve netcode I support no speed changes
Old 08-23-2016, 02:15 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
The striking in this game just feels clunky and delayed.
Striking is sooo delayed. Some strikes seem to occur half a second too late.

Anyway can somebody help me defend a certain a combo? I had a fight vs. Arlovski some days ago and he spammed me with body kicks instantly followed by free rear head kicks all the time. I couldn't do anything about it. Is this some kind of a magic combo/exploit? How do I defend it effective? BTW I don't keep holding high block all the time. But I couldn't block the rear head kick the whole fight.

Thanks!

Last edited by 81chrisso; 08-23-2016 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:16 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
For the 99th time, REMOVE THE PARRIES FOR HOOKS AND UPPERCUTS. It's amazing how many birds you'll kill with this one stone.
This! And the uppercuts should cause more damage. Even as a single strike without blocking it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »