Home

We need STRIKE damage multiplier GAUGE!

This is a discussion on We need STRIKE damage multiplier GAUGE! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #57
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We need STRIKE damage multiplier GAUGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
Wouldn't it be good as a dev to see that evolution play out? You can see the game being played to its full potential, and once the plateaus reveal themselves you can design around the game's limitations. Couldn't that in theory be a huge benefit to the franchise?
It's a very big risk, but you are correct. Just a matter of it being a risk they're willing to take.

Issue I see is that the good players would quickly work out what is the best strike to use at any given time. The game doesn't currently have a big 'skill ceiling' and by making this information easily accessible/ obtainable I feel like the game would reach the ceiling a lot quicker. We're talking weeks instead of months. Right now I don't think there's anything new myself / zhunter / dmart / afro ect. can pick up on. It's just a matter of developing perfect mechanics.

For example; it took months for people to see how broken the magic combo was. Months for people to know how useless hooks are. Months for people to know to throw an overhand or uppercut off a jab to race to a hitstun, ect.

If these changes were implemented people would find things out a lot faster and there would be nothing else to 'learn'.

The difference in terms of depth between UFC 1 and UFC 2 is pretty massive. If UFC 3 has the same differential in depth as 1&2 did, I could see the gauges and detailed offline statistics working.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 08-25-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:39 AM   #58
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We need STRIKE damage multiplier GAUGE!

It definitely is risky, and I can see why you don't want it in. There's at least another year and a half to 2 years before EA UFC 3 is released. That's a long time and the game would get old really fast if you know everything there is to know about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »