Home

Why is the lead roundhouse kick faster than the rear one ?

This is a discussion on Why is the lead roundhouse kick faster than the rear one ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 03:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is the lead roundhouse kick faster than the rear one ?

Anyone who actually threw a kick knows that the lead head kick its a more physically demanding strike than the rear head kick since you are kicking out of your weak leg and requires more leg strenght a little bit more flexibility than the rear head kick plus you always do a brief switch or a small step to gain momentum to throw it so there's more telegraphing and easier to see it coming. This kick being the fastest kick in the game kind of defies physics (although the kicking speed and technique may be different depending the skill level of a practitioner). In my humble this strike should be slower that the rear head kick, probably a bit more faster than the L1 GSP head kick to make more realistic. What do you think guys ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why is the lead roundhouse kick faster than the rear one ?

Fighters like Siver, Wonderboy, Scoggins and others are able to throw a lead round kick to the head without a step or a switch, but these are guys that have been developing their leg dexterity and technique for a lonnnng time.

I agree, I've been saying it since the beta. The lead leg head kick is wayyyy to fast.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #3
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
Fighters like Siver, Wonderboy, Scoggins and others are able to throw a lead round kick to the head without a step or a switch, but these are guys that have been developing their leg dexterity and technique for a lonnnng time.

I agree, I've been saying it since the beta. The lead leg head kick is wayyyy to fast.
Pettis throws a rapid lead head kick too.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO

Thats what im saying. it all depends on the practitioner. But that strike its simply broken, way too fast for a lead roundhouse. That thing its almost as fast as a straight punch in the game which makes the game look more arcadeish, unlike undisputed 3 who had the speed right for all head kicks.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Rookie

this game is far away from realism. that kick being as fast as punch is another great example of that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #6
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
this game is far away from realism. that kick being as fast as punch is another great example of that
That kick is longer than every punch I've checked so far.

And the difference between the lead and back high kick (tested with Conor) is 1 frame.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
That kick is longer than every punch I've checked so far.

And the difference between the lead and back high kick (tested with Conor) is 1 frame.
Gpd it still needs to be slower to make it realistic. Same with the rubber guard

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »