Home

AI Bec Rawlings attempted 25 takedowns in 3rounds...

This is a discussion on AI Bec Rawlings attempted 25 takedowns in 3rounds... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 05:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI Bec Rawlings attempted 25 takedowns in 3rounds...

i dont know why AI is so set up on spamming takedowns, but 25 td in 3 rounds, i dont know, i dont know Bec that well, but this seems really weird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

Re: AI Bec Rawlings attempted 25 takedowns in 3rounds...

Welcome to EA UFC..? haha you must be new to the series?

Sadly most fighters are completely off of how they actually fight, nothing will change for her in this game and probably for no one else more. There were only updates for Brian Ortega, Chuck Liddell had a removel of spinning attacks, and I think i'm forgetting someone more. But all we can do now is hope they change the guys in charge for fighter likeness in UFC 3.

Last edited by OdiniOn; 08-26-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
Welcome to EA UFC..? haha you must be new to the series?

Sadly most fighters are completely off of how they actually fight, nothing will change for her in this game and probably for no one else more. There were only updates for Brian Ortega, Chuck Liddell had a removel of spinning attacks, and I think i'm forgetting someone more. But all we can do now is hope they change the guys in charge for fighter likeness in UFC 3.
We tweak numerous fighters on every single patch, and you can see this looking back through patch releases and user responses. I don't know an exact number, but I would guess about 10-15 fighters get changed each patch.

Sometimes it's move sets, sometimes it's customized AI, sometimes it's presentation elements like Khabib's post-fight celebration, or something else entirely.

As for the OP's issue with Bec Rawlings, I can't say I would expect that behavior...You should only see that from a fighter that has increased takedown rates, and hers are not. If you throw a ton of strikes, it will increase the number of takedowns the AI attempts, but even still 25 is a large number for three rounds.

Do you have a pic of the post-fight stats?

Last edited by Skynet; 08-26-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
Banned

If you could edit fighters, that would make a huge difference. I haven't played an NBA 2K game in a few years, so I don't know if they still have this, but I remember on the older ones if you edited a player, you could also edit their "tendencies", as that was a huge issue with the AI in the games. You'd have Centers constantly attempting 3's or outside shots that they would never do, so you simply go and edit their tendencies for close shot, medium shot, driving, etc... to make sure the AI behaves properly.

This would be a HUGE help for a UFC game, basically work the same way sliders would. Being able to edit fighters tendencies for stand up, ground, takedowns, etc..

And you wouldn't have people complaining about the way the AI fights, since they can customize the way they fight themselves.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #5
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
If you could edit fighters, that would make a huge difference. I haven't played an NBA 2K game in a few years, so I don't know if they still have this, but I remember on the older ones if you edited a player, you could also edit their "tendencies", as that was a huge issue with the AI in the games. You'd have Centers constantly attempting 3's or outside shots that they would never do, so you simply go and edit their tendencies for close shot, medium shot, driving, etc... to make sure the AI behaves properly.

This would be a HUGE help for a UFC game, basically work the same way sliders would. Being able to edit fighters tendencies for stand up, ground, takedowns, etc..

And you wouldn't have people complaining about the way the AI fights, since they can customize the way they fight themselves.
This is something I'd love to provide for CAFs and have explored a little, though we wouldn't be able to do it for roster fighters I am guessing. That being said, this would take a ton of resources and time...

People really underestimate the time needed for anything but the most basic of sliders, and even those can be pretty tricky to properly balance (ironic, no?).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
This is something I'd love to provide for CAFs and have explored a little, though we wouldn't be able to do it for roster fighters I am guessing. That being said, this would take a ton of resources and time...

People really underestimate the time needed for anything but the most basic of sliders, and even those can be pretty tricky to properly balance (ironic, no?).
Cant you get a set fighting style for different styles so a boxer fighter will throw more punches then anything else, a muay thai fighter will mix in knees and elbows more, wrestler will go for more takedowns more but will still mix it up. Then once you have that you can change individual fighters with the styles to slightly alter more how they fight in real life??
Old 08-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #7
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

That sounds like a good idea but is probably much easier said than done.

There are five difficulty levels, so let's say you create five different archetypes (Boxing, Karate, Thai, Wrestling, Jiu Jistu.

That's 25 different AIs to program. That are going to need tweaking because of the all the unforseen problems/requests people are going to have.

Even this pretty hard but now factor in that there are 200+ fighters with different movesets and it's easy to see programming the AI is a massive undertaking.

But I'm just speculating here, I don't have any knowledge on video game development or AI programming.

Only Skynet really knows.

It would be cool if they had a system that let trusted fans of the game help assist him in creating scouting reports for individual fighters to base the AI on. But even that would be pretty tricky.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
i dont know why AI is so set up on spamming takedowns, but 25 td in 3 rounds, i dont know, i dont know Bec that well, but this seems really weird
Sounds perfect if it was Cookie Monster, should give Esparza that AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »