Home

I need some help against "grapple spammers"

This is a discussion on I need some help against "grapple spammers" within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Re: I need some help against "grapple spammers"

This game needs to be fixed

1. The block button should be disabled unless strikes are coming your way!!! Too many people hold down block and just come towards you looking for parries or grapples, this will fix this. The new blocking damage you take if you're hit while holding down block is garbage if you can't hit the person because they just parry everything coming towards them with their block up.

2. Grapple blocks need to be limited to three blocks per position because all the grapple spammers do is consecutively block your every transition in the clinch and on the ground, this will make them have to move to other positions instead of holding Thai Clinch, Side Control, and Mount making you lose stamina trying to get out of these positions. After three blocks they should have to move position or have there blocking disabled while your able to make your transition without getting blocked constantly.

3. Kicking needs to be disabled for two seconds or more after taking head or body shots! This will help to not allow kick spammers to return spinning kicks and unrealistic counter kicks immediately after taking punishment.

Until This is dealt with I'm staying offline, I'm done playing spammer after spammer in this regard. It will not stop unless these things are dealt with in this manner!
Old 08-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
Pro

Re: I need some help against "grapple spammers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by richfit27

1. The block button should be disabled unless strikes are coming your way!!!
So, nothing changes?

Quote:
2. Grapple blocks need to be limited to three blocks per position because all the grapple spammers do is consecutively block your every transition in the clinch and on the ground.
Use punches to build up grapple advantage and use fakes on the ground.
This isn't UFC3 where you can block all passes by just holding the right stick. Reversing is also much harder. How else will you ever be able to keep someone from passing guard?

Quote:
3. Kicking needs to be disabled for two seconds or more after taking head or body shots! This will help to not allow kick spammers to return spinning kicks and unrealistic counter kicks immediately after taking punishment.
I don't get it, if you take a significant shot you already cannot return kicks. It is true that the spinning kicks do not have enough vulnerability though. Then again they eat stamina like no tomorrow and are pretty easy to dodge
Old 08-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

1. The block button should be disabled unless strikes are coming your way!!! Too many people hold down block and just come towards you looking for parries or grapples, this will fix this. The new blocking damage you take if you're hit while holding down block is garbage if you can't hit the person because they just parry everything coming towards them with their block up.

2. Grapple blocks need to be limited to three blocks per position because all the grapple spammers do is consecutively block your every transition in the clinch and on the ground, this will make them have to move to other positions instead of holding Thai Clinch, Side Control, and Mount making you lose stamina trying to get out of these positions. After three blocks they should have to move position or have there blocking disabled while your able to make your transition without getting blocked constantly.

Until This is dealt with I'm staying offline, I'm done playing spammer after spammer in this regard. It will not stop unless these things are dealt with in this manner!
1. I don't think disabling block would be smart, but I do think they need to weaken it a little bit more and yh the parries are trash.

2. You need to transition fake to keep them on their toes and trick them. Transition fake one way and then go the other way.

3. This is cuz the striking kinda caters to spam. They added some new hit reactions, but they are not consistant and only certain strikes get hit stun or reactions. Also some strikes (like teep kicks, body kicks, leg kicks, ect) rarely get hit stun or hit reaction depending on perks of fighters, so using these strikes pretty much just allow your opponent to spam you freely when you hit them, unless your using them on the end of a combo. Gotta stick to using modified strikes and head kicks sadly smh. The games a brawler at heart.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-27-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
Rookie

I haven't played against this type of opponent, but I did invest a considerable amount of time in the skills challenge and practice mode. It helped me offensive and defensively.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #13
Rookie

I kinda like the idea of blocking 3 strikes in a certain position and the ref stands it back up or breaks Clinch or something similar, I just think clinching needs to be easier to read, I'm good on the ground but once in in the Clinch I can't deny transition anywhere near as good as ground

Sent from my ZTE Blade V580 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 09:42 PM   #14
Rookie

Rarely do u see a grappling match take place in the middle of the cage. They need to make it easier to deny all clinch attempts when not near cage.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveliveshere
I kinda like the idea of blocking 3 strikes in a certain position and the ref stands it back up or breaks Clinch or something similar, I just think clinching needs to be easier to read, I'm good on the ground but once in in the Clinch I can't deny transition anywhere near as good as ground

Well, combined with the 30fps and the input lag even with good connection, I think it is too hard to keep someone in a dominant position in the clinch, like double under or thai. On the other hand if it does get easier, the position would get pretty overpowered I think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Well, combined with the 30fps and the input lag even with good connection, I think it is too hard to keep someone in a dominant position in the clinch, like double under or thai. On the other hand if it does get easier, the position would get pretty overpowered I think
I would just like it on a par with the ground game

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »