Home

Leg tripping . I love the fact that it's in the game but it can be improved.

This is a discussion on Leg tripping . I love the fact that it's in the game but it can be improved. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Leg tripping . I love the fact that it's in the game but it can be improved.

1 Example Here: https://gfycat.com/ShadyEnviousAmericanalligator

You see when tripping someone, it's not nescessary for them to fall on their back, they can always lose their balance and recover fairly quickly.

That's something i'd love to see get reworked for the next Game. Don't make everyone flip 2-3 times mid air then fall on their back and engage in ground game all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: Leg tripping . I love the fact that it's in the game but it can be improved.

i like its in the game but it shouldnt always result them falling on their back, they can occasonaly stumble like a hit reaction which you can maybe captilise in the stand up.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

Re: Leg tripping . I love the fact that it's in the game but it can be improved.

Agree with you both, should not always result in a fall, but that sounds very difficult to do for any devs. Sounds like we would need a new physics mechanic for this and there are way bigger issues right now, so investing in that in this stage is not smart to do is it?

However, an easy thing to do for now would be to make it so that only kickers who are considered powerful kickers should have trips and some shouldn't.

Also leg kicking with your front leg cannot have enough power to trip a pro fighter down, unless they switch kick like Anderson Silva and Barboza usually do, but then I guess you can't consider that leg to be in front because you switch it back before kicking
Old 08-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
1 Example Here: https://gfycat.com/ShadyEnviousAmericanalligator

You see when tripping someone, it's not nescessary for them to fall on their back, they can always lose their balance and recover fairly quickly.

That's something i'd love to see get reworked for the next Game. Don't make everyone flip 2-3 times mid air then fall on their back and engage in ground game all the time.
What fight was that?
Old 08-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
MVP

Do they count as knockdowns? Wouldn't it technically be knocking them down?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 10:01 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'd like it more if most of the time it just kicked one leg out and opponent trips to one knee for a second.

How fast some fighters teleport back to standing after a trip is crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »