Home

Recommendation for Judging: Lunging more than 10 times per round=lose it for running

This is a discussion on Recommendation for Judging: Lunging more than 10 times per round=lose it for running within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Recommendation for Judging: Lunging more than 10 times per round=lose it for running

Edit: some mod please change my title to : "Recommendation for Judging: Lunging should be seen as disengaging in the score cards"

Lunging is ridiculusely OP in this game, especially in DIV 6 or higher. There are people who lunge to the side and backwards all game long and play with your patience until you give up and start holding high block and going after them. If you don't patch it to make it more stamina depleating in the long run aspect of the stamina and the temporary of it should waste as much as a spinning head kick wastes currently, then something should be done with the judge's scoring responsible for the stand-up.

It should be a rule that if someone does 20 more lunges than his opponent, in a round, he should automatically lose the stand-up scoring for that round , for disengaging too much or if he completely dominates the round with knockdowns and x2 more strikes etc. at best he should settle for a draw on the stand-up scoring. In general lunging away or to the side , should be seen as disengaging and not as defending so it should be scored negatively.

That said, i ofc course, am talking about the L1/LB modified Side lunges and the backwards lunges, both the modified and simple backwards lunges are OP. The Hold Block + Modified Lunge should be seen as even more severe in scoring.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-02-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Recommendation for Judging: Lunging more than 10 times per round=lose it for runn

I wish lunges / sidesteps were attached to the footwork rating that way everyone wouldnt cover the same distance

And used more long term stamina the lower your footwork rating. Maybe have a perk that saves you a lot of stamina when using them.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:53 PM   #3
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

Re: Recommendation for Judging: Lunging more than 10 times per round=lose it for runn

Are you seriously complaint about sidesteps/lunging now after 12 new threads crying about parry??? So what am I suppose to do? Swaying is def the most broken defensive ability in the game and needs the most work. I can't wait to beat u down and see ur post on that!
Old 09-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #4
Pro

Let me guess, someone beat you by using footwork and avoiding your shots while hitting you with theirs? You can parry 100% of the time remember? Stand in the middle let them move around and parry and counter every shot they throw oh great one.

Get over yourself, throw leg kicks and body kicks, cut the cage off, don't just walk forward. If they're going to the left you move to the left on an angle to cut off the cage. They do a big sidestep, throw a body kick if you can guess which way they're going, or a head kick.

What's next, you're going to say sways need to be nerfed as well? Movement is part of the game, and MMA. Go watch the Condit vs Diaz fight, the recent Diaz vs McGregor, and god knows how many other matches where one fighter is disengaging often to avoid the others game plan and reset
Old 09-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
Are you seriously complaint about sidesteps/lunging now after 12 new threads crying about parry??? So what am I suppose to do? Swaying is def the most broken defensive ability in the game and needs the most work. I can't wait to beat u down and see ur post on that!
The only real issue with sway, intended or not, is it can cause some body shots to miss. Knees and punches mostly usually the first 2 I've noticed.. It's also a risk vs reward, you sway back and could eat a body shot and take more damage. Sway right or left or forward, could end up eating a big shot if you went to the wrong side. And depending on the punches being thrown, often when you go to stop swaying and return, you end up eating punches and can't counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 02:02 AM   #6
Pro

Lmao no. Nefing lunging does nothing but make it so we have more and more players holding high block and spamming parry. Id rather play against someone that lunges any day over someone who does nothing but hold block and wait for you to strike
Old 09-03-2016, 02:13 AM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Lunging backwards is weird, especially when spammed. I have no issue with sidesteps and what not, cept for the fact I get hit with doing modified side steps by strikes I think should miss.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:29 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp

alright i've had it with you, what's your PSN?

Mine is mikemefistous

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-03-2016 at 02:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »