Home

New Striking System or New Submission System

This is a discussion on New Striking System or New Submission System within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
New Striking System or New Submission System

Lets say the dev team only has time to significantly change one aspect of the game for UFC 3. Which aspect would you prefer they work on? Here is your choice:

1) Revamp the striking system by removing the combo multiplier, adding vulnerability windows, revamp blocking, remove parrying, significantly improve movement, add more strike animations and one-strike KOs. This means very little will be done to grappling and the sub system from UFC 2 remains the same.

OR

2)Revamp the sub system by implement TBS, eliminate the mini game adding more subs and transition animations. This means very few changes will be made to striking. Maybe removing or revamping the combo multiplier, changing some of the blocking/parrying and adding a few animations but nothing significant.

What would you choose?

To be clear, this hypothetical is just a hypothetical. I have no info on what the dev team is doing when it comes to the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Striking System or New Submission System

I would prefer something that blends the two. It's MMA we should focus on melding the two as seamlessly as possible.

For grappling I want to see submission positions, standing arm traps, pawing, clinching strikes, etc.

block peel

For striking I want to see fighter uniqueness in strike animations, shifts, darts/stepping strikes, pawing, clinching strikes etc.

Shift (or cheat punch- southpaw jab shift -> orthodox straight/hook).
Old 09-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
Pro

Me personally, I'd say the striking. Especially the parries, they have to go big time. Or even just have you avoid the strike and both fighters reset so there's no counter chance. Last few fights I've had they did nothing but spam parry looking to counter. Standup should be about moving and sways and footwork. Not mashing 2 buttons looking for a free power hit.

I don't have too much of an issue with the ground game, learn your denies and you're good. Learn to fake and read your oppenent. Yes some will be better and you'll have no answer but that's the same for standup.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I would prefer something that blends the two. It's MMA we should focus on melding the two as seamlessly as possible.

For grappling I want to see submission positions, standing arm traps, pawing, clinching strikes, etc.

block peel

For striking I want to see fighter uniqueness in strike animations, shifts, darts/stepping strikes, pawing, clinching strikes etc.

Shift (or cheat punch- southpaw jab shift -> orthodox straight/hook).

For the sake of this hypothetical....there is no blending. You have to choose between the two choices.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
For the sake of this hypothetical....there is no blending. You have to choose between the two choices.
I would go for the grappling in that case, the changes I would like to see in striking tie together mostly with the grappling anyhow. I wanna see the octagonal directions utilized on the grappling hud.

The real change I wanna see with regards to stand up is the combining the 360 head movement with mobile footwork and blocking, shifting stances through steps etc (more diagonal choice); but this also ties together with grappling as well with clinching strikes and pawing etc. I am mostly look to sim more head & hand fighting so that ties the grappling with the striking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #6
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Striking system!

The submission mini game is fine the way it is and takes skill to master. I love the sub system and don't want it changed.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

neither. parries happen in mma, removing them would be insane.

I can understand wanting them adjusted, but removing them is nonsensical, can't believe a gamechanger would talk of removing them.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
neither. parries happen in mma, removing them would be insane.

I can understand wanting them adjusted, but removing them is nonsensical, can't believe a gamechanger would talk of removing them.

Lol. I wasn't suggesting they should be removed. I honestly don't give a **** if they remain in the game or not. They occur way more in this game than they do in real life but there are bigger things that I'm more concerned about.

With that said, my read is the majority of people here want them to be removed.

This is a hypothetical. This isn't a personal wish list. This isn't a suggestion thread. It's a hypothetical question for the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »