Home

submission minigame hits rock bottom, gates move by themselves

This is a discussion on submission minigame hits rock bottom, gates move by themselves within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 05:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
submission minigame hits rock bottom, gates move by themselves

and here i thought i saw all nonsense and absurdity of lag/delay/netcode/latency/lag compesantion/matchmaking etc.
usual lagger s gates speed of light, while mine delayed all the time
no, this was something else
i dont know what problem with netcode for sub minigame is, but this is far worst experience i ever had in online gaming, i dont know why this problem can be this big, when all u have to do is balance 2 connections, not 64, not 32, not whatever else, but 2 (two), i dont get it

so i got caught in sub, so i start defending, after few seconds i am like WOOT
gates move to opposite directions or totally different directions as i am presing my right thumb stick, it seems like somebody else is controlling them, not me
then i realise that s my inputs delayed like maybe more than 2 seconds, i mean i never ever saw this BAD delay ever
standup wasnt delayed like this, ground wasnt and then in sub minigame whole game just went down the toilet

i dont know what s wrong here, but it seems the host is being punished by laggers especially in sub minigame because of netcode

i hope this issue will be fixed in UFC3 because it s making one whole aspect of game just entirely broken
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 06:07 AM   #2
Pro

Re: submission minigame hits rock bottom, gates move by themselves

I have quite a bit of experience with subs in online matxhes and from my experience lag always favors the defender. Its is insanely hard to track where they are going while its lagging. Whatever you are experiencing, it is probably harder on him.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
I have quite a bit of experience with subs in online matxhes and from my experience lag always favors the defender. Its is insanely hard to track where they are going while its lagging. Whatever you are experiencing, it is probably harder on him.

From my experience, lag favors the submitter, after a certain level, where input lag is more than 2 sec delayed like in the vid:
Old 09-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #4
Pro

That is certainly an extreme example lol and you appear to be correct. When it is lagging on a less extreme scale it certainly feels like it helps the defender
Old 09-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

I frequently experience the opposite where the gates move ridiculously slow even when i have stamina advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »