Home

Why are EA so anti draws in combat sims??

This is a discussion on Why are EA so anti draws in combat sims?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #25
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are EA so anti draws in combat sims??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Dont apologize for that. Your post isnt the reason I'm gonna stop posting. I was leaning toward doing this the past few weeks. At this point, the stuff I do know I cant talk about and the stuff that I can talk about, yall already know.

I tried to thread the needle as much as I could without violating the NDA but that wasnt enough so I'm cool with not providing the info that I know. I'm moving on to other games anyway and the fact is we are likely a few patches away from support ending so there isnt going to be much to discuss anyway.

Ive been on this site for over a decade so I'm not going anywhere. I just wont post in this forum until there is a next game (if there is one).
Yeah Ive seen you on the madden forums lately.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

PSN: TreJay2000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 05:17 PM   #26
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i dont see what the big secret is why draws cant be in the game?? its not like ea ufc has any rival mma games that they dont want their competitors to know. they explaied why silders were a issue i see this on the same level of issue.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #27
EA Sports UFC Developer

Who said we were 'anti-draw'? Just because it's not in the game doesn't mean we are intentionally keeping them out because we don't want them. In fact, I recall having a double KO happen once and video captured it to show the team. Alas, the game broke shortly after due to not having draws, so we had to disable it. Was so cool though...

To clear the waters here, the main reason draws are not in the game currently is because they have a significant amount of work behind them and would intentionally have very little impact.

They effect the scoring logic, tons of post-fight animations, fighter records, online stats, competitive modes, etc. all for the chance to get a decision draw on a very rare occasion, and even less often a double KO. A lot of people wouldn't even enjoy getting a draw, they want to know who won. Not everyone, but quite a few.

So honestly, they're simply not worth the effort at this time as the people involved in that work have more important things to focus on.

Feel free to disagree with me, but from the inside that's all there is to it.

PS: Breaking an NDA is a seriously bad thing to do, so don't be hating on the GCers for not giving out info that might break their NDA. The NDA doesn't discriminate between info that might hurt us or isn't supposed to be public or w/e, it simply says talk about nothing that you're not expressly cleared to talk about, or hasn't already been made public by EA. It doesn't matter if there is competition or not, they cannot disclose information covered by the NDA.

Last edited by Skynet; 09-16-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #28
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

I think draws should be included and are worth the effort to build draws into your decision and post fight handlers. Even if they're rare and leave everyone feeling like they lost, it's a real thing and should be there. Not double kos though.

I honestly couldnt think of a worse reason to break an nda then to post too much information on here. You'd be in deep trouble and people would still have the same stuff to say as if you said nothing.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #29
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Did Haz seriously get banned?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »