Home

Ultimate Team is BROKEN

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team is BROKEN within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ultimate Team is BROKEN

Hello everyone,

I find it absolute BS new players are forced to play people with stacked all the way stats. I'm 72 and playing 84s all the time. I'm not new to the game at all. I consider myself above average. But playing these people who are 10-15 levels higher just ruins the game completely. I could only imagine someone just starting off to the series and being totally turned off of the game. It feels like a HUGE pay to win or huge advantage to the player who been grinding since day 1.

I know awhile back they switched it so people higher ranked get more matches. So basically if you didn't dedicate yourself from the start, you get to be someone's easy win. They need to really fix match making.

I can't deny a lot of these people, because their stats over power mine. I'm constantly running because they can fire off a street fighter combo.

What do you guys do? Usually making a boxer is the way to go, but I love the ground game. But if my highest stats are their weakest it just is such a pain. Not to mention the chin of a child. I'm guessing these people ether spent tons of cash or maxed out other guys and have a huge amount of stat cards left over.

How do you guys deal with this? I'm typically a record junky and I have just gave up on that dream. 56-20 wrestler (72) 49-24 boxer (69)

I see people who are 18-4 and have all their punch and kick stats full. While I'm not close to one maxed out stat.

*sigh* I come back and leave as soon as I play a few of this game lol.

Have a good one guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: Ultimate Team is BROKEN

Quick match is where it's at. Ranked is okay if you like fighting against Jones all the time.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Quick match is where it's at. Ranked is okay if you like fighting against Jones all the time.
That sounds like the best bet haha. I feel like I'm fight jones every match anyways hah.

PS: just got dominated by another 85. So fun. It's actually comical.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Rookie

It is so ridiculous and it seems there is no rhyme or reason for it. The worst part about it is if you lose a fight it seems like they match you with even harder guys.

My fighter is 73-31 right now, 78 overall. Here are some of my last fights:

LOSS - 96 Overall, 1310-197 record
LOSS - 94 Overall, 299-172 record
LOSS - 95 Overall, 880-868 record
LOSS - 98 Overall, 2819 - 121 record

like WTF
Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Don't they base fights off of like the players overall level? Is there even an overall level for the player, or is everything based off of the cafs level?

Match making like that doesn't make sense. I can only imagine the players that stack lower level cafs probably play like artards as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Thrn off lhw and boom
Old 09-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There are quite a few broken elements to Ultimate Team.

The game provides no incentive to climb divisions. You get the same win and loss reward (400 coins for a win / 100 coins for a loss) regardless of you or your opponents division/rank/overall. Also I find that the coins gained encourages players to toy with weak opponents by dragging out the fight instead of receiving a bonus for winning quickly.

As a new player you are much better off grinding coins in single player until you can build a fighter that you are comfortable with. If you are creating a ground fighter in UT without adding attribute cards. Don't try to stand with your opponent at all. You should be looking to get the fight in the clinch or on the ground. Playing the stand-up game with a weak fighter is asking for trouble.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Yeah UT is super broke. Definitely the most frustrating game mode to play.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »