Home

LEC #3 --- Three Important Fixes Needed

This is a discussion on LEC #3 --- Three Important Fixes Needed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
LEC #3 --- Three Important Fixes Needed

Had a great time on Saturday with the 3rd LEC; Went 15-1 and *should* have quit for the day and finished up on Sunday...

but screw that, it's football season lol so I powered thru even though I was started to get cross-eyed, and ended 20-3. Oh well I'll take it!

Anyway, in honor of the 3rd LEC (hopefully not the last!!) I have come up with 3 issues that need to be fixed in the next/final patch; or at the very least, need to be looked at big time in UFC 3.

1) "Pre-Denials" need to be punished more if they fail. Essentially, if you 'deny the wrong way' or mis-time your denial...you need to be locked out from being able to deny for a little bit longer. There is already this mechanic in the game...it just needs a boost.

I feel that too many 'high level' folks rely on 'spamming' pre-denial. Now, there is DEFINITELY a place for pre-denials, especially when you catch on to your opponent's patterns. But I just feel that it's used way too much and the Risk needs to be increased a bit, to match the Reward

(Of course...in laggy games the only way to deny is to 'pre-deny' lol so it's a touchy subject. I just wish it was a bit riskier to miss a denial).

2) Scramble Mechanic!!!! --- OK This is a UFC 3 request. But I started to get pretty bored with the takedown mechanics after dozens of fights. We really need some sort of 'scramble' mechanic.

I don't necessarily think we need a mini-game for takedowns. But, in situations where neither fighter has a major advantage during a takedown attempt, it would be great to have some sort of mechanic to decide who wins. Even if it's very simple.

Perhaps the first person to push the R stick in a certain direction (based upon momentum of your fighter, etc) wins the 50/50 scramble. etc.

3) Spammers still need to be punished more. This can be accomplished in a few ways via patch.

a) Leg kick is checked? Damage reflects back onto the kicker! There were several 'leg kick spammers' who had dozens of their kicks checked by me....no damage reflected back, and no way for me to really turn that into a takedown, or even lunge for a massive overhand counter. There are ways to defeat 'leg kick spammers' in the current game, but this would help a *LOT*

b) We need more stopping power. Simple enough. If someone throws a 5-shot combo (as a HEAVYWEIGHT) --- first connects; second is blocked; final three are dodged --- then I counter with a massive overhand, or a 3-piece combo --- the dude should be all but dead!! Especially at HW

I could definitely feel more stopping power as HW as compared to when Faber vs. Cruz were the participants in LEC #2 lol --- but still not enough!!

c) We need more stamina drain!!! Fools are throwing like 70+ sig strikes a round as heavyweights. Sure, they gas eventually, but in a 3-roudn fight, they can still win on the cards, just through volume alone, unless you punish them. It's possible to punish them for sure....but see b) above...we need more stopping power

but just as important...stamina drain needs to be taken up a couple more notches. Better than where we were for UFC 1, or even launch of UFC 2, but I think we're only halfway there ---

I'll leave it at that; thanks for bringing back the LEC EA !
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 09-12-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
MVP

Re: LEC #3 --- Three Important Fixes Needed

I'm not with you at regarding the pre-denies. I'm fine with it locking you in, because it absolutely should. But a timing window? If I'm on the ground and pre-denying a pass to half guard, I am fully committed to not let you pass. Should this lock me into that deny leaving myself open to everything else..Absolutely. Should it somehow not work because I'm sitting on it because I know what is coming..absolutely not. That's knowing what your opponent is going to do before he does it, not trying to react to what you know is coming. If that makes sense. Let people pre-deny as long as they want, if the overall game play is balanced, than there won't be an issue with countering it.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
Pro

I didn't get to ay nearly as much as i wanted. But the hit stun reaction from body kicks was way too strong. Idk if this is cuz it was heavyweight but if you werent throwing the body kicks you didnt have a chance
Old 09-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

All 3 of my losses came from Leg Kick spammers...

I was so aggravated I didn't even try a 2nd time.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 09-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I'm not with you at regarding the pre-denies. I'm fine with it locking you in, because it absolutely should. But a timing window? If I'm on the ground and pre-denying a pass to half guard, I am fully committed to not let you pass. Should this lock me into that deny leaving myself open to everything else..Absolutely. Should it somehow not work because I'm sitting on it because I know what is coming..absolutely not. That's knowing what your opponent is going to do before he does it, not trying to react to what you know is coming. If that makes sense. Let people pre-deny as long as they want, if the overall game play is balanced, than there won't be an issue with countering it.
Just to be sure we're on the same page, I have no problem with people holding down R2 (Right Trigger) as 'preparation' for a denial.

But once they hit the right stick --- and fail to deny ---- they need to be locked out from attempting another denial for a longer period than it is now.

Right now they're locked out for...let's say...1 second (my guess lol)

Assuming it's one second locked out, I think it needs to be more like 2 to 2.5 seconds.

If that makes sense?

I consider 'pre-deny' to be someone attempting to deny you before they see *any* sort of animation.

As you noted, this is a legitimate and good tactic! Especially in certain circumstances.

But, if you fail the denial, I just think you need a bigger 'lock out' penalty. And/or lose a good amount of grapple advantage for a *several* seconds. And/Or stamina drain.

Lots of ways to look at it. I just think there needs to be an increase to the penalty for 'missed' denials.

Keep people more honest
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Question: If I block in the correct direction as their transition fake, do I still get to deny their real attempt, or is my future denial timed out for a couple seconds?

I like the idea of checking leg kicks damages them.

People who constantly blow through their stamina definitely need to be gassed out longer... perhaps even stuck at the half or 3/4s mark for the remainder of the round.

I don't like making the skills even at 92--this gets rid of the individuality of fighters.

Open up the LEC to the main card, not just the main event.

EA, thanks for doing this again... do it for every PPV or occasional superfights, like GSP vs Silva.

Last edited by Helmholz_Watson_; 09-12-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmholz_Watson_
Question: If I block in the correct direction as their transition fake, do I still get to deny their real attempt, or is my future denial timed out for a couple seconds?

I like the idea of checking leg kicks damages them.

People who constantly blow through their stamina definitely need to be gassed out longer... perhaps even stuck at the half or 3/4s mark for the remainder of the round.

I don't like making the skills even at 92--this gets rid of the individuality of fighters.

Open up the LEC to the main card, not just the main event.

EA, thanks for doing this again... do it for every PPV or occasional superfights, like GSP vs Silva.
I love the idea of someone 'blowing out' their stamina, then being stuck at a lower Max Stamina Level for the rest of the round (or fight??)

We see fighters punch themselves out going for the finish all the time and they're (usually) unable to recover at all, even if they make it to the end of the round!

The interplay between Denials and Fakes is pretty interesting. I'd love to be able to look under the hood of the game engine, as it seems to me that certain positions/fakes are 'better' than others.

But to answer your question --- if you bite on the fake, you *usually* are locked out (depending on position, transition attempted, and other factors I'm sure) --- but sometimes you can recover in time.

i.e. if I am in dominant half guard and opponent fakes putting me into full guard and instead goes for backsitting --- if you bite on the fake, SOMETIMES you can recover in time to deny the backsitting. But sometimes you can't.

Other positions...if you bite on the fake, you're pretty much screwed.

I'm a fan of fakes and definitely want you to be locked-out of a deny if you bite on a fake. That said, i think you should be penalized *more* for attempting to deny a "No Transition" vs. "Fake Transition".

Although that's a pretty small point. Overall, I just want missed denials to penalize you a bit more

I personally don't mind them setting the fighters at equal stats. Leads to some wonky outcomes and issues in-game, but ehhh I'm fine with it to level the playing field/etc.

But, I definitely wish they'd let us choose more than 2 fighters. In LEC #1 you could choose from one of two fights (i.e. 4 total fighters) --- but after that they limited it to just one fight you could choose from
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 09-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Someone blowing out there stamina and being punished for it should not only be in LEC. It should also be in regular online!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »