Home

Bans Incoming

This is a discussion on Bans Incoming within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Bans Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
And the point you are driving home is an attempt (purposefully or not) to minimize the actions of users on this forum due to "mommy and daddy aren't watching'.

That doesn't fly with me. There are more than enough indicators of what to do around here.

And you are insinuating that me leaving and coming back was somehow premeditated so that I can ban people who don't act accordingly. That's extremely disconcerting if that is what you are attempting to say.

Enough good users have been chased from this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I actually have no idea who was banned or why they were banned. I do not think anything I said could be construed as me sticking up for those that have been banned.

I was really just addressing the "shame on you" tone of your original post. The fact (that you brought up) no one here works for you makes it even more strange to take that approach with a forum of people on the internet... many of which have a history of going back and forth with eachother.... But to be clear... I have no feeling about your banning of people. I just found the tone of your post interesting.

I did not even think about you leaving with the intention of banning upon your return. I am not sure how you drew that conclusion based on what I wrote (I was addressing an analogy one of your monitors brought up).
Old 09-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The difference with that and "what we are seeing here" is we don't want to come back and have to ban people.

I know it's a common assumption that mods on websites like to ban people but that's just not the case and most have been given MULTIPLE opportunities.

Going back to "a speed limit is still a speed limit" our rule are still and will always be our rules.

We expect adults are going to adult regardless of a moderation presence.

There is zero excuse you can make for an Internet forum.

Behavior is something static and there are no variables that matter.
Genuinely do not think I ever made an excuse for anyone. As I have said before... I have no dog in any fight I have seen at this site.

Its just that if you are willing to make a post announcing your disappointment in people here maybe... maybe... you, as the administrator..... own some of that disappointment.

Hope things get better for everyone.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #19
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Clarke1
I actually have no idea who was banned or why they were banned. I do not think anything I said could be construed as me sticking up for those that have been banned.

I was really just addressing the "shame on you" tone of your original post. The fact (that you brought up) no one here works for you makes it even more strange to take that approach with a forum of people on the internet... many of which have a history of going back and forth with eachother.... But to be clear... I have no feeling about your banning of people. I just found the tone of your post interesting.

I did not even think about you leaving with the intention of banning upon your return. I am not sure how you drew that conclusion based on what I wrote (I was addressing an analogy one of your monitors brought up).
The standard set at OS and put forth multiple times is what I am disappointed could not be followed. And I set that expectation early on and coddled where I needed to knowing what the new users were coming from. I'm fairly certain I can expect users to act like adults here as the ones that aren't banned have been.

But by all means - continue to attempt to be condescending in your tone (see, we can all assume tone of internet posts) like you are with most of the people you have interacted with recently (Yes, I read the "dude you're a d-rider and always have been" post). And when I say you are minimizing that is exactly what I mean. Not sticking up for others. You are just making it seems like they should have a built in reason for why they are who they are.

Fact of the matter is your post history indicates you enjoy starting trouble while getting as close to he TOS line as you can. You weren't banned because it was long enough ago that I looked past it but I can still make enough from it to understand what you are doing here without needing the 'leadership counseling' you are offering.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The standard set at OS and put forth multiple times is what I am disappointed could not be followed. And I set that expectation early on and coddled where I needed to knowing what the new users were coming from. I'm fairly certain I can expect users to act like adults here as the ones that aren't banned have been.

But by all means - continue to attempt to be condescending in your tone (see, we can all assume tone of internet posts) like you are with most of the people you have interacted with recently (Yes, I read the "dude you're a d-rider and always have been" post). And when I say you are minimizing that is exactly what I mean. Not sticking up for others. You are just making it seems like they should have a built in reason for why they are who they are.

Fact of the matter is your post history indicates you enjoy starting trouble while getting as close to he TOS line as you can. You weren't banned because it was long enough ago that I looked past it but I can still make enough from it to understand what you are doing here without needing the 'leadership counseling' you are offering.

I certainly did call someone a d-rider. I was reprimanded for it and I moved on.

it appears that you have not.

I was not trying to counsel you either... nor do I want to engage in a protracted back and forth with you if this is making you upset (it seems like you are getting a bit heated with how you are bring up comments that have already been dealt with... BTW super unprofessional).

One thing that you said... my condescending nature... I have no intention on coming of in a condescending manner to you... I do not feel threatened by you nor do I feel the need to prove myself to you (normally why we act condescending to others). I was just pointing out one thing.

Once you cool off maybe you will see where I was coming from. I am even keeled and cool headed... I understand your frustrations.

Only point I was making is that when we point our finger at other in blame... you know the rest. I do not want to patronize you.

Last edited by King_Clarke1; 09-14-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #21
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Clarke1
I certainly did call someone a d-rider. I was reprimanded for it and I moved on.

it appears that you have not.

I was not trying to counsel you either... nor do I want to engage in a protracted back and forth with you if this is making you upset (it seems like you are getting a bit heated with how you are bring up comments that have already been dealt with... BTW super unprofessional).

One thing that you said... my condescending nature... I have no intention on coming of in a condescending manner to you... I do not feel threatened by you nor do I feel the need to prove myself to you (normally why we act condescending to others). I was just pointing out one thing.

Once you cool off maybe you will see where I was coming from. I am even keeled and cool headed... I understand your frustrations.

Only point I was making is that when we point our finger at other in blame... you know the rest. I do not want to patronize you.
Yet you continue to respond.

See here's the thing - I'm not mad. I'm not upset. But if you for one second believe that you can come on to this site and continue to be the way that you are (again, post history) and then attempt to tell me 'Hey, turn that finger around' then you have an another thing coming.

As professional and even as I can be I will certainly not sit around while a user decides to put on his 'Look at me, I can poke the bear while not crossing the TOS' hat and act all better than thou. Definitely not while that user's entire post history is veiled attempts at firing other users up (Gee...that feels very familiar. Almost like you are attempting to do here).

You want me to throw around the mod powers? Fine. The conversation is done. If you'd like to continue, feel free to PM. But let's not test the waters of martyrdom any further than we have.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 09-14-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #22
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

Thank you very much. Let's make OS great again!
Old 09-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #23
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I've been on vacation, what happened guys?!?!

This place was going great when I left.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:48 AM   #24
Rookie

Devs, GCs, and moderators, spend more time interacting with those who have genuine questions and constructive criticisms. Ignore and ban those who are not following OS etiquette.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »