Home

1-2 spam help

This is a discussion on 1-2 spam help within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1-2 spam help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Sadly that interruption doesn't work in this game, I tried it many times, but my opponent just eats it and continues. If countering worked like it should, I would've knocked him out a long time ago
It definitely works in this game- You have to time it when their red is near red. The only struggle is getting that head orange red- you can knock people out catching them mid combo, there aren't one strike KOs, but with enough damage you can stop people with intercepting strikes.- Simultaneous countering- or in other words the vulnerability window while the opponent is striking.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #10
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

It can be rough especially at the lighter weights (such as WBW UT lol)

Personally I think your strategy changes depending on length of fight.

* 5 rounds --- LET HIM GAS --- let him chase you and throw tons of strikes while you make him miss. Work the Body. Take him down. Frustrate him and DRAIN HIS STAMINA --- you can pretty much give away the first 2 rounds if you have to. By round 3 he's gonna be gassed, time to fight back. You have to win round 3!

* 3 rounds --- you're gonna have to try and fight fire with fire to some extent. You don't have time to wait out his stamina. Which is a shame...like you said, in these examples, their stamina should be drain MUCH more quickly!!!

Anyway, my suggestion in a 3 rounder is to either make it 100% Grappling --- or just try to counter with big haymakers the best you can.

In a 5 rounder it's pretty easy to beat these bums.

3 rounder can be tough. If you try to slug it out with them they can catch you. If you try to play defense, they will outpoint you with volume alone.

but I agree, we need more stamina drain in this game especially for ridiculous volume of strikes (and on the ground!!! so you could drag them to the ground and sap their strenght!! --- to be honest, to drain opponent's. stamina, you want to keep the fight standing almost no matter what. Which is dumb. We need more permastam drain on ground and in clinch )

good luck ---------
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
It can be rough especially at the lighter weights (such as WBW UT lol)

Personally I think your strategy changes depending on length of fight.

* 5 rounds --- LET HIM GAS --- let him chase you and throw tons of strikes while you make him miss. Work the Body. Take him down. Frustrate him and DRAIN HIS STAMINA --- you can pretty much give away the first 2 rounds if you have to. By round 3 he's gonna be gassed, time to fight back. You have to win round 3!

* 3 rounds --- you're gonna have to try and fight fire with fire to some extent. You don't have time to wait out his stamina. Which is a shame...like you said, in these examples, their stamina should be drain MUCH more quickly!!!

Anyway, my suggestion in a 3 rounder is to either make it 100% Grappling --- or just try to counter with big haymakers the best you can.

In a 5 rounder it's pretty easy to beat these bums.

3 rounder can be tough. If you try to slug it out with them they can catch you. If you try to play defense, they will outpoint you with volume alone.

but I agree, we need more stamina drain in this game especially for ridiculous volume of strikes (and on the ground!!! so you could drag them to the ground and sap their strenght!! --- to be honest, to drain opponent's. stamina, you want to keep the fight standing almost no matter what. Which is dumb. We need more permastam drain on ground and in clinch )

good luck ---------
I was trying to make him gas, but for some reason I have trouble getting away from that bodyspam. I tried backdashing and lunging but whenever I got hit I just got frozen in place. Also my WBW CAF has 60 ground, so I was afraid taking it there. But yeah, we really need more stamina drain (and get rid of the combo multiplier, and increase counter damage and single shot damage, but I digress )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Try these FNC defensive techniques. Since they are both EA sports titles, you imagine they would work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »