Home

Kicking combinations

This is a discussion on Kicking combinations within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kicking combinations

So occasionally I run into these players on UT that use kicking combinations 99% of the time. As a striker this puts me at a major disadvantage as I like to use my hands and feet. I mean, these players will throw very few punches but will pressure you and catch you at a far range with hook kicks, jumping kicks, and alternating round houses to the body, followed by those annoying jumping head kicks that cause major hit reactions even when they're stamina is lower than yours. What's more, when they have maxed/high stamina the constant kicking combos don't affect them in the long run, so I'm basically forced to parry and counter but my strikes don't always connect, I can't rely on my footwork because those kicks will catch you from across the octagon. And even worse, my arms tire out and I get flash KO'd, I noticed this happens at HW more often. I think there should be a much higher stamina on players who kick all the time, closing the distance is already hard enough as is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:09 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Kicking combinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydoode
So occasionally I run into these players on UT that use kicking combinations 99% of the time. As a striker this puts me at a major disadvantage as I like to use my hands and feet. I mean, these players will throw very few punches but will pressure you and catch you at a far range with hook kicks, jumping kicks, and alternating round houses to the body, followed by those annoying jumping head kicks that cause major hit reactions even when they're stamina is lower than yours. What's more, when they have maxed/high stamina the constant kicking combos don't affect them in the long run, so I'm basically forced to parry and counter but my strikes don't always connect, I can't rely on my footwork because those kicks will catch you from across the octagon. And even worse, my arms tire out and I get flash KO'd, I noticed this happens at HW more often. I think there should be a much higher stamina on players who kick all the time, closing the distance is already hard enough as is.
Can't you try and bait them out? Any missed special move, especially flying kicks and jumping knees drain loads of stamina. It's not like 1-2s which you can throw 200 a round of without any significant stamina impact
Old 09-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Yeah. 5 round fights is the solution to this problem.

This is why I only play 5 rounders. Guys like this are my favorite to play against.

Just let them blow their wad whiffing non stop kicks. Throw a lot jabs & straights, and work their body. Seriously conserve your stamina in early rounds. Eventually you will really start to take over on stamina, and they will be fairly low. Just keep it up some more, and by the 4th + 5th, they should have almost nothing left. Now is when you can start to pressure them hard. At this point, any 1 or 2 kicks they throw will completely drain any stamina they have left, and you can unload the pressure with your nearly full stamina bar.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 09-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yeah. 5 round fights is the solution to this problem.

This is why I only play 5 rounders. Guys like this are my favorite to play against.

Just let them blow their wad whiffing non stop kicks. Throw a lot jabs & straights, and work their body. Seriously conserve your stamina in early rounds. Eventually you will really start to take over on stamina, and they will be fairly low. Just keep it up some more, and by the 4th + 5th, they should have almost nothing left. Now is when you can start to pressure them hard. At this point, any 1 or 2 kicks they throw will completely drain any stamina they have left, and you can unload the pressure with your nearly full stamina bar.
Good to see you unbanned Haz. However, i believe stamina is less for a 3 round fight than a 5 round fight, so it doesn't make a difference.

Your stamina burns less faster in a 5 round fight, compared to a 3 round fight from what i've noticed.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Good to see you unbanned Haz. However, i believe stamina is less for a 3 round fight than a 5 round fight, so it doesn't make a difference.

Your stamina burns less faster in a 5 round fight, compared to a 3 round fight from what i've noticed.
Really? I need to test that because to be honest I haven't noticed it and it would not make sense at all if this was the case
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Really? I need to test that because to be honest I haven't noticed it and it would not make sense at all if this was the case
It kind of would, since most fighters in real life, prepare differently, as far as their cardio is concerned, for 3 round vs 5 round fights.

That's for example why Silva vs Cormier in UFC 200, wasn't a 5 round fight, because Silva hadn't known earlier, to prepare for a 5 round fight for his cardio.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-20-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

No really though, it is an issue and I'm not terrible at the game. I started a HW CAF recently with a record of 81 wins and 14 losses (most losses from submissions) and a majority of my wins from stand up KO's.

Play guys who have thousands of fights and you will see, some of these players have maxed stand up and stamina that even in a 5 round fight their stamina is not much lower than yours because they've been chewing away your body so often without worrying about stamina loss. Also, the constant kicking means more in significant strikes, so while I'm mixing in jabs with uppercuts and straights, kicking the legs and roundhouse body kicks, generally keeping it in the 3-4 strike combination range, these guys are countering with kicks non-stop and adding on to sig. strikes. It really is an issue with the game right now and I would suggest that the devs look into it.

Last edited by Jaydoode; 09-20-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Well sorry to say but I'm one of these guys kicking you from the outside lol, however I'll kick you and try to hit you for a while and make you think that's my strategy and then get in close and unleash some punches. Then I'll keep mixing that up but probably focus on kicks.

For me though it's all timing, my main strategy is to catch you missing and then land a counter kick or keep you guessing by going low/high.

So if you want to beat a guy like me you need to make me miss and counter me, also if you have the stats you can mix takedowns into the mix off of my missed kicks. It's almost a guaranteed takedown against most fighters to counter a missed kick with a takedown.

I play a lot of guys that almost exclusively kick and they are so easy to beat. They will almost always preemptively strike so just stay back, let them miss and counter. Soon they'll get frustrated and move in to punch, just parry and counter punch and go back to the kicks. Also a leg kick health event completely changes their strategy and you can go for head strikes, they'll have to switch stances and if they're not good enough that will kill their standup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »