Home

Lunging needs fixxing.

This is a discussion on Lunging needs fixxing. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #25
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lunging needs fixxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Not at all.. I've got footage of Mc Gregor(some random guy) vs Nurmagonedov(Me) i'll show you the 3rd round to see what i mean.

It wasn't as extreme as some other cases, but you'll see how OP it is on the hands of some spammer.
If you have Khabib, why isn't Conor on his back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #26
Banned

the stand up in ufc 1 seemed funner ufc 2 things seem more statonary in the strikes
Old 09-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #27
Pro

if lunging gets patched they need to fix thr lean back as well imo. Or the only thing anyone will do is lean back
Old 09-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
In D7, don't play the game as much anymore. Is that the only comeback you had? Time their lunge, throw a body kick and then follow up... Or is that too much? You'd rather them stand there whilst you spam parry and all that.

Patience and body kicks. Adapt in the fight. Don't come on here complaining about people using movement, it's how the game should be... More movement, less parry spam.

Sorry to intrude but when you can side step to the point where it completely nullifies the striking, it's pretty damn broken. Body kicks SHOULD be the answer but they aren't.

Play against a skilled opponent who is spamming side steps and if you try to counter them you will get either clinched or taken down. There is no avoiding this. 9/10 HIGH LEVEL players I've spoken to admit the side step (lunge) is broken. Anyone who doesn't admit it is abusing it or hasn't experienced high level play.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 AM   #29
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Sorry to intrude but when you can side step to the point where it completely nullifies the striking, it's pretty damn broken. Body kicks SHOULD be the answer but they aren't.

Play against a skilled opponent who is spamming side steps and if you try to counter them you will get either clinched or taken down. There is no avoiding this. 9/10 HIGH LEVEL players I've spoken to admit the side step (lunge) is broken. Anyone who doesn't admit it is abusing it or hasn't experienced high level play.
That's my main issue with it.

The game has a lot of movement to avoid striking.. more than it has strikes able to counter such movements. There is barely any disadvantage into sidestepping and especially that backwards dash.

The most ridiculous thing about them, is that they got non existant stamina burn.

Side Kicks shouldn't be the only means of countering them, not everyone has side Kicks.

Lunging to the sides should be counterable by hooks as well.

I mean the most memorable KO in UFC History, is Hendo catching Bisbing with his hook, while Bisping was lunging to Hendo's right hook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc

The thing with the current lunge system, is that it completly counters any type of strikes by disabling their tracking at situations where they shouldn't.

I want to see more movement, because more movement in the perfect scenario would mean:

- Have more directions to avoid a variety strikes on each direction.

- Have to think in which direction to move in order to avoid specific strikes, instead of moving to 1-2 directions all the time and avoid all strikes.

- If you make a mistake and move to the wrong direction on the wrong strike, you should be greatly punished and it should be a lot more common, getting cought while side stepping aggresively, instead of the current strike tracking.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #30
MVP

How I deal with and dealt the same:

Old 09-27-2016, 11:17 AM   #31
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

I agree and can't believe that ppl are actually ok with this. The back dashing in specific is the most ridiculous. It magically shortens the range of strikes. Even if your back is against the cage you can STILL back dash and avoid strikes lol smh. It's silly. Side steps are broken trash too.

Last edited by WarMMA; 09-27-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #32
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG

I must be a God then because it might work for a round but once I've figured it out, you're done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »