Home

Is it possible to add a mode where the Health Stats are low to simulate a Sim Mode?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to add a mode where the Health Stats are low to simulate a Sim Mode? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it possible to add a mode where the Health Stats are low to simulate a Sim Mode?

Just like you are making LEC events or smth like that( i never bothered playing them) where fighters stats are sort of balanced and reworked, could it be possible, to have a mode, where healing is close to non-existant and everyone has very low chin/body/leg health, to sort of make a hardcore Sim mode?

People would be able to choose to play it, depending on their settings of the quick match matchmaking.

I just saw this video of Martial Mind:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E8oyQo1u3o

And he made 2 Cafs with very low helath stats to get those results. I figured, since there is already a mode in the game, that automatically alters all the fighters' stats, this oughta be a bit easier to set up.

The game is really not holding up as EA UFC 1, for lots of us and it could definitely help it's longevity and spice things up a bit, if a mode like that is implemented on the latest patch of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: Is it possible to add a mode where the Health Stats are low to simulate a Sim Mod

No hope at all for this to be patched in UFC 2

I would be surprised if the final patch isn't 90%+ completed already, anyway.

We should all keep trying for UFC 3 though --- I support more realism for sure. Especially in the stopping power and stamina department
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 09-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Is it possible to add a mode where the Health Stats are low to simulate a Sim Mod

Yes I would like this along with a more taxing stamina for a sim mode.
Basically make it so even landing a single strike is a challenge, let along a full strung combo.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
Banned

This is not more "sim." Fighters don't gas out for throwing combos and putting punches together, and they most certainly don't have "low health" to begin with. There's no such thing as a health bar in real life. I'm all for making strikes more lethal, but it has to be balanced with better DEFENSE. Real fighters don't get hit flush as frequently as they do in this game. If they did, no fight would go past the halfway mark of the first round. Glancing blows need to be brought back and defense must be made more formidable to the point of FRUSTRATING for the other guy who can't land a single clean hit. But when he lands though.. then BAM. Knees buckle, legs give out, lights go out.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
MVP

Sometimes it's about who lands first, sometimes it's about who lands last, most times it's about who lands most, all the time it's about who lands on time.

I don't think he necessarily means recovery should be limited as guys like Edgar have incredible recovery due to great defense and tenacity; but rather more variable health events, rocked states, and consistent stopping power on intercepting strikes etc for incorporating flash KOs/health events. So I imagine this system should hopefully lead to more fights like Edgar v Maynard 2 etc.

Glancing blows already exist in the game, they just need to be tuned and more consistent, finding the body/head should be more challenging and flush shots should work like homeruns/dunks in terms of balance.

So I would like system where strikes are more challenging to land but when they land flush it can do tremendous damage but ones that whiff leave you more open to counters, clinch, stamina drain, and do gradient damage. Great chinned fighters should take a few more flush shots than most but still be susceptible.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
Banned

Last edited by Domi; 09-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

good ole EA MMA
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 09-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
good ole EA MMA
The screen shaking in EA MMA drives me crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »