Home

SUGATA i have an assignment for you. Something i want you to test out.

This is a discussion on SUGATA i have an assignment for you. Something i want you to test out. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
SUGATA i have an assignment for you. Something i want you to test out.

I have reason to believe, that striking/combos in particular, work in a simillar way that the Batman ARkham Knight game works.

Specifically i am talking about a feuture, of timing a strike perfectly.

So in Batman Arkham Knight, after you land a strike, there is a feuture where you if you wait for the animation to finish and then you initate your next strike, it will be scored as a perfect strike and it will cause more damage.

I have reason to believe that this could also be a factor in EA UFC, i haven't tested it a lot, but i know you are good at figuring out stuff like that, so if you read this, please test out the time frames and let me know.

For example, the 1-2 spam jab/straight, i believe if you throw the jab and then wait a bit then throw the straight, the straight will actually land faster or deal more damage, compared to mashing the 2 punch buttons as fast as physically possible.

I've tried some combos like that, where you lean to the left and right, if you land a jab or straight while leaned on the according location, then you wait for your next strike, it feels as if the other strike comes faster , if you wait a bit to input it perfectly.

Same goes for blocking and waiting for the block to drop then initiating your strike.

Just test some of this stuff out man and let me know if it's just my imagination or if it's actually a legit feuture in the game.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-21-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: SUGATA i have an assignment for you. Something i want you to test out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I have reason to believe, that striking/combos in particular, work in a simillar way that the Batman ARkham Knight game works.

Specifically i am talking about a feuture, of timing a strike perfectly.

So in Batman Arkham Knight, after you land a strike, there is a feuture where you if you wait for the animation to finish and then you initate your next strike, it will be scored as a perfect strike and it will cause more damage.

I have reason to believe that this could also be a factor in EA UFC, i haven't tested it a lot, but i know you are good at figuring out stuff like that, so if you read this, please test out the time frames and let me know.

For example, the 1-2 spam jab/straight, i believe if you throw the jab and then wait a bit then throw the straight, the straight will actually land faster or deal more damage, compared to mashing the 2 punch buttons as fast as physically possible.

I've tried some combos like that, where you lean to the left and right, if you land a jab or straight while leaned on the according location, then you wait for your next strike, it feels as if the other strike comes faster , if you wait a bit to input it perfectly.

Same goes for blocking and waiting for the block to drop then initiating your strike.

Just test some of this stuff out man and let me know if it's just my imagination or if it's actually a legit feuture in the game.
This is the explanation of striking mechanics in UFC 2:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-how-use.html

The game has a BUFFER of 2 - it means, 2 fast inputted strikes are remembered and performed in fastest sequence; exclusion too slow prev strike - you need a bit delay for 2nd strike input otherwise 1st strike recovery phase will overlap your buffer duration.

I think Buffer duration window in UFC 2 = approximately 30 frames (1/2 sec)

You can make a delay between strikes but only in tactical reasons (wait for opponent's block release) but usually faster = better, because there are no hitstunsand you need to land quickly more strikes w CM to cause FBHR (aka hit stun).
Short answer - no, delays does not grant more speed or damage.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'd like to figure out how many frames my reaction time slows after having a few baltika 9's.

SUGATA please help!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'd like to figure out how many frames my reaction time slows after having a few baltika 9's.

SUGATA please help!

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

As u can see after 1 Baltika #9 yr reaction speed dramatically increased. Baltika #9 was mentioned also in McLaren's WADA documents as a huge russian doping.
So, be quiet or may be banned too, comrade.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

hahahaha awesome, comrade!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »