Home

If you could select five players...

This is a discussion on If you could select five players... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:14 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If you could select five players...

I will certainly not be buying the next one if MM has any kind of input, you can't have people whose input is to benefit themselves but other than that I have no problem with any of the other current bunch.

Would like to see Kinetic in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #42
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet
I will certainly not be buying the next one if MM has any kind of input, you can't have people whose input is to benefit themselves but other than that I have no problem with any of the other current bunch.

Okay cool. I don't get the hate MM gets but I'm guessing most of you don't like technical fighting and rather stand infront of each other trading shots.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #43
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet

I don't think MM is going anywhere. And rightfully so. He actually made very good videos that earned him the spot in the first place.

Yeah he did bring those cheese moves to light, but at the same time there's a very good lesson to be learned from how that worked. And I rather have that kind of stuff exposed right now, rather than in the next game.

Plus, when you put it that way, you overlook anything else he has done for the game as a GC'er, which, if the messages I've read are anything to go by, is a lot.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I don't think MM is going anywhere. And rightfully so. He actually made very good videos that earned him the spot in the first place.

Yeah he did bring those cheese moves to light, but at the same time there's a very good lesson to be learned from how that worked. And I rather have that kind of stuff exposed right now, rather than in the next game.

Plus, when you put it that way, you overlook anything else he has done for the game as a GC'er, which, if the messages I've read are anything to go by, is a lot.
Anyone with a pair of eyes and ears knows he is a complete ego maniac, anything he puts forward as a change is to benefit himself and when I have seen people question it he tries to belittle them saying they don't know about real MMA.

Infact I would hazard a guess that it's him that really doesn't have a very good grasp on the sport but that's just my opinion and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Last edited by Jonnysmallfeet; 10-07-2016 at 02:16 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old 10-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Wait, are the nut huggers themselves sweaty, or are the nuts they are hugging sweaty?

The distinction is an important one.
For my sake I really hope it's the former. I'm guessing hugging scrotums isn't enjoyable at all, and normally i prefer to be the sweaty party in a hug.

I find it nearly impossible to justify using the same ones as last time. I'm referring to the 5 that got voted from the EA forums. I can't really take a gamechangers word for it that they were an effective team, and my votes were cast off of information I had available at that time.

As of now i have much more information on any potential gamechanger, as I've been paying more attention this time around. Currently a lot of dudes that wanted to be gamechangers last time pretty much don't post at all. Not that inactivity on the forums would effect there abilities, but I can only base my opinion off what I see.

I have no idea exactly how much input game changers had, but iirc some of them seemed pleased with state of the game during the beta period. Anyone that thinks like that is operating on a different wavelength than someone I would want providing input for the game.

All above info is stated with me thinking about online portion of play. I think offline and training is evening worse this go around. I don't play ultimate scheme though and having a junky career mode might be part of the brilliance that is UT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Okay cool. I don't get the hate MM gets but I'm guessing most of you don't like technical fighting and rather stand infront of each other trading shots.
Figuring out proven hit combos is technical in the sense you use technical data to figure out what you can land during certain hit stun reactions.

I think it's the opposite of what i think actual "technical" fighting is. Imo technical fighting is analog, MM's information and style is completely digital.

Last edited by Dave_S; 10-06-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 03:27 AM   #46
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
For my sake I really hope it's the former. I'm guessing hugging scrotums isn't enjoyable at all, and normally i prefer to be the sweaty party in a hug.

I find it nearly impossible to justify using the same ones as last time. I'm referring to the 5 that got voted from the EA forums. I can't really take a gamechangers word for it that they were an effective team, and my votes were cast off of information I had available at that time.

As of now i have much more information on any potential gamechanger, as I've been paying more attention this time around. Currently a lot of dudes that wanted to be gamechangers last time pretty much don't post at all. Not that inactivity on the forums would effect there abilities, but I can only base my opinion off what I see.

I have no idea exactly how much input game changers had, but iirc some of them seemed pleased with state of the game during the beta period. Anyone that thinks like that is operating on a different wavelength than someone I would want providing input for the game.

All above info is stated with me thinking about online portion of play. I think offline and training is evening worse this go around. I don't play ultimate scheme though and having a junky career mode might be part of the brilliance that is UT.

Figuring out proven hit combos is technical in the sense you use technical data to figure out what you can land during certain hit stun reactions.

I think it's the opposite of what i think actual "technical" fighting is. Imo technical fighting is analog, MM's information and style is completely digital.
I explained a lot of this before in previous posts, but I'll try to do a quick shortlist to address your concerns:

"They don't post enough" -
All of us were regular posters on the old EA UFC forums and our will to keep posting suffered after the trolls over there had the forums completely shut down. We switched over here but we didn't know the regulars, and a lot of key posters didn't come here and generate discussion. On top of that, there were some big lapses between patches where the meta got really stale. ZHunter, MTS, and I all participated in the LEC events and got burnt out from playing so much. ZHunter literally played a week straight and set his alarm clock to make sure he was awake to challenge guys who were trying to avoid him. We played the HELL out of the game. That said, we keep a pulse on what people over here are posting, and sometimes we will even reference threads to the devs (like I did with Sugata's head movement post), but a lot of times we don't comment because things people mention might be part of our private discussion about how to improve the franchise and we aren't at liberty to speak about it. Also, the EA UFC forums came back up at the old URL, and those forums are far friendlier to post on via mobile devices, so I may end up spending more time there than here.

"They liked the beta" - Not true. We were stoked at the progression the game had made since UFC1 and a lot of us were optimistic that we were headed toward a good meta. That said, 3 events + the beta we all got to participate in simply wasn't enough time to foresee all the various forms of cheese that dedicated cheesers would develop over time. To our credit, I think the GC'ers were very good about communicating those exploits to the devs and getting them squashed, if not entirely, then at least mostly. Keep in mind the beta build was a build behind the one we played at the last event. So we had already made suggestions beyond what you guys played in the beta that were implemented via day 1 patch. Let me also add that GC input was either directly or indirectly responsible for: momentum mechanic on ground, strike intercept framework, buff to single collar clinch denial, increased bleedthrough on arm damage, increased damage against lunges, tons of moveset tweaks, tons of AI tweaks, and way more I can't think of off the top of my head. You can also thank us for not being able to juggle people across the octagon with body shots like Tekken and easily mix up head and body knees for KO's, because both those things were in the first build we played. I could go on and on, but there's a lot of input we gave that directly improved the game, and the devs told us as much.

"MartialMind is a cheesy player with a big ego" -
This isn't true at all. I think people are hating on him because he made that "top 10 combos" video? All of those combos have weaknesses and don't make you an unstoppable player. If any of you guys knew Martial, you would not dare suggest he stop contributing to the franchise. The guy has a crazy passion for MMA, especially the standup aspects. He is a 50% offline and 50% online player. He values authenticity and realism/immersion but also wants a balanced and fun game. His suggestions don't benefit himself. His suggestions benefit anyone who wants more realistic, simulation style gameplay.

Do keep in mind that we GC'ers requested MANY features and changes that didn't make it in! Either the devs didn't have the budget or the time, or just veto'd us. GPD himself has to argue for a lot of the changes he wants to make, so do you honestly think GC'ers have magical powers to force the devs to do what we want? Hell no! If any of you think to yourself "They should let me be a GC and I would change this and this and this" you are deluded. Any changes we want start with a discussion, and a lot of the time any conclusions we come to about what should happen to the game have to go through an approval process among the devs, who don't always hold the same opinions with other colleagues, let alone the GC'ers.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 10-07-2016 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:20 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
I explained a lot of this before in previous posts, but I'll try to do a quick shortlist to address your concerns:

All of us were regular posters on the old EA UFC forums and our will to keep posting suffered after the trolls over there had the forums completely shut down. We switched over here but we didn't know the regulars, and a lot of key posters didn't come here and generate discussion. On top of that, there were some big lapses between patches where the meta got really stale. ZHunter, MTS, and I all participated in the LEC events and got burnt out from playing so much. ZHunter literally played a week straight and set his alarm clock to make sure he was awake to challenge guys who were trying to avoid him. We played the HELL out of the game. That said, we keep a pulse on what people over here are posting, and sometimes we will even reference threads to the devs (like I did with Sugata's head movement post), but a lot of times we don't comment because things people mention might be part of our private discussion about how to improve the franchise and we aren't at liberty to speak about it. Also, the EA UFC forums came back up at the old URL, and those forums are far friendlier to post on via mobile devices, so I may end up spending more time there than here.

"They liked the beta" - Not true. We were stoked at the progression the game had made since UFC1 and a lot of us were optimistic that we were headed toward a good meta. That said, 3 events + the beta we all got to participate in simply wasn't enough time to foresee all the various forms of cheese that dedicated cheesers would develop over time. To our credit, I think the GC'ers were very good about communicating those exploits to the devs and getting them squashed, if not entirely, then at least mostly. Keep in mind the beta build was a build behind the one we played at the last event. So we had already made suggestions beyond what you guys played in the beta that were implemented via day 1 patch. Let me also add that GC input was either directly or indirectly responsible for: momentum mechanic on ground, strike intercept framework, buff to single collar clinch denial, increased bleedthrough on arm damage, increased damage against lunges, tons of moveset tweaks, tons of AI tweaks, and way more I can't think of off the top of my head. You can also thank us for not being able to juggle people across the octagon with body shots like Tekken and easily mix up head and body knees for KO's, because both those things were in the first build we played. I could go on and on, but there's a lot of input we gave that directly improved the game, and the devs told us as much.

This isn't true at all. I think people are hating on him because he made that "top 10 combos" video? All of those combos have weaknesses and don't make you an unstoppable player. If any of you guys knew Martial, you would not dare suggest he stop contributing to the franchise. The guy has a crazy passion for MMA, especially the standup aspects. He is a 50% offline and 50% online player. He values authenticity and realism/immersion but also wants a balanced and fun game. His suggestions don't benefit himself. His suggestions benefit anyone who wants more realistic, simulation style gameplay.

Do keep in mind that we GC'ers requested MANY features and changes that didn't make it in! Either the devs didn't have the budget or the time, or just veto'd us. GPD himself has to argue for a lot of the changes he wants to make, so do you honestly think GC'ers have magical powers to force the devs to do what we want? Hell no! If any of you think to yourself "They should let me be a GC and I would change this and this and this" you are deluded. Any changes we want start with a discussion, and a lot of the time any conclusions we come to about what should happen to the game have to go through an approval process among the devs, who don't always hold the same opinions with other colleagues, let alone the GC'ers.

It's down to personal opinion, I think he shows a massive bias towards one style of fighting, the style of fighting he uses on his youtube channel.

He only looks at things from his point of view so to have someone like that contributing to a game is silly, would be better letting completely unbias people do it, people who want a good game for everyone.

Btw the way it is nothing to do with the combo video.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:30 AM   #48
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel

In the post you quoted I don't think I called MM cheesy or say anything about his ego, I have no idea what's the dude is like.

I created this thread for the regulars of this forum that might see it. If ufc 2 gamechangers don't post much how could someone vote for them? They have nothing to go off of. I based my votes last time with input I received right before the voting happened. IIRC in application thread people posted some general information, then in different threads many of the potential gamechangers discussed their reasoning an ideas.

When I was talking about gamechangers i certainly didn't say all them. IMO the beta felt like alpha, and its immediately noticeable shortcomings didn't make me think they made any progression outside of the grappling, roster, hair movement and high/low block.

As the game progressed the clinch seems more similar to ufc 1 than it was in beta. I was really confused by all the positivity on the beta forums, no one was really talking about obvious issues that have since been fixed down through patches.

Again my list can and will probably change before ufc3 is at that point.

I don't think EA will do vote for gamechangers, this is 100% speculation. If they do I can't help but think about the people I see putting in work with suggestions, trying to teach and learn from community, actively discuss fighter movesets and game dynamics.

If EA does this again and some of the old gamechangers were good why wouldn't EA bring them back outside of voting.

At this point I almost would make my list myself 5 times, except side I don't fly or care to travel so I'd vote for Fish 5 times instead. (Not really)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »