Home

Old 10-05-2016, 03:44 AM   #1
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

OVR: 0
UFC3 subs

We already know the guy from past games was fired/quit w/e. But what u think next game subs will be like? I never played other MMA games so idk what else there is too offer. One thing I'd like changed is to deny:fight a sub but like a different dysentery the. Like normal deny translation attempt it's pretty lame. And sure inexpolit it a ton. It still not something I enjoy. What about you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

Re: UFC3 subs

This is a thread I made a while back on a sub system for the next game. Let me know what you think.

---------------

There has been a lot of talk about Transition Based Submissions (tbs) on the forums even before UFC 1 came out. Hopefully the ideas mentioned here will help towards making that dream finally become a reality. I am a beginner level grappler irl, so there might be a few things that would need to be addressed but I'm confident that the devs and members of this forum would be able to point out and correct those things (and I'm hoping you guys do!)

EA UFC 3 transition based submissions system breakdown

Basic Concept

This new system would basically be an extension of the grappling system that Gameplaydevufc came up with. Press L2+Right Stick in any direction and you'll begin to attempt a submission.

Instead of going into a mini game, it would just be a transition. On the Grapple hud it would show "Armbar" or "Rear Naked Choke" but the circle would be filling very slowly and would continue to fill until the defender denies or is submitted.

Although this might seem simple at first the system is actually more complex. As the meter is filling the animation will smoothly move through "stages" similar to the way the mini game currently does. The speed of how quickly the meter fills is determined by a number of factors like endurance/stamina, grapple advantage, damage, stats... Depending on when the submission is denied determines what stage the defender ends up in. If a defender denies quickly they stop the attempt, but the slower they are to deny an attempt the "deeper" they fall into a submission before they can begin to escape it.

From each stage there are options depending on the fighter being used to:
-Advance the submission
-Abort the submission
-Transition/Sweep
Examples:Triangle to an armbar, guillotine guard to mounted guillotine, kimura half guard to kimura half guard top,
anaconda scramble to turtle top
-Defend Escape/Opponent Transition
Keep opponent from getting free or sweeping.
Reverse an escape or transition from opponent into a submission or dominant position.
Examples: Opponent is trying to slam out a flying rear naked choke gets reversed = deeper choke in back mount.
Defender can block opponent from advancing submission or transition to dominant position.
Examples: Triangle attempted reversed = pass to side control. Slam out of an armbar.

Each submission would have a different amount of "gates". This is something the devs could figure out but smoothness should be a priority. The amount of gates should also change in special situations.
Each submission like ground positions in the current game would have different transitions that have different denial times.

Factors of Success:

-Endurance/Stamina Differential
If P1 stamina is high and P2 stamina is low this simulates carelessness, if P1 endurance is high and P2 endurance is low this simulates fatigue. Both scenarios should give P1 an advantage.

-Grapple Advantage (GA)
If P1 is landing strikes on P2 on the ground from a dominant position or denying P2 from being able to transition and making P2 waste energy, P1 should receive an advantage.

-Submission Offense/Defense Stat/Move-Lvl Differential
If P1 has excellent submissions and P2 has poor submission defense, P1 should have an advantage

-Health/Damage
If P1 has been dominating and dishing out a lot of damage to P2, P1 should have an advantage especially if the submission being attempted on P2 attacks or is primarily defended an area of the body that has been damaged.
Also if P1 triggers a health event on P2, P1 should have a significant advantage.

Cues: Commentary

Commentary can be one of many ways to get an idea of how much trouble someone is in during a submission battle. Joe Rogan does this every fight he calls so it would fit right in with the game.

Example
>P1 attempts Rear-naked choke on P2.
Joe Rogan: "He's going for the Rear-naked choke"
>P2 denies late has choking arm over the face
Joe Rogan: "He's over the face, guys can finish from there if they have a tight squeeze but he wants to get under the neck"
>P1 gets choking arm under the neck and locks up the choke
Joe Rogan "He's under the neck! He's got it locked up! He might be forced to tap!"
>P2 peels top arm off and removes choking arm from neck
Joe Rogan "He's out! He was real close to tapping"

Cues: Controller Vibration/Rumble

Controller vibrations gauge how close your are to tapping. When in a bad spot the vibration will continue to increase in strength simulating how much pain/danger you are in.

Example:

P1: Full Bar of Stamina, Max Grapple Advantage, and High Submission Stats
P2: No Stamina, Min Grapple Advantage and Low Submission Defense Stats

> P1 Attempts RNC from back mount
> P2 reacts relatively quickly but because of the stamina, GA, and stat disadvantages P1 gets choking arm around face
> P2 controller begins to rumble very mildly because although this is painful it's not going to end the fight.
>P1 transitions and gets arm under the neck.
>P2 controller begins to shake increasingly more.
>P2 tries to transition out but P1 easily denies every attempt. P2 controller is approaching max rumble.
>P2 forced to tap

Example

This concept might be a somewhat difficult/confusing to grasp without any pictures but hopefully an example will help.

P1 is using Jacare Souza, P2 is using Chael Sonnen.
P1 has taken P2 back (back mount dominant).

Scenario 1
>P1 presses L2+Right Stick and attempts a rear naked choke
>P2 denies immediately and defends the choke

Scenario 2
>P1 presses L2+Right Stick and attempts a rear naked choke
>P2 denies late and P1 is able to get arm an around the face
>P1 can now try to get under the chin, let the choke go, switch to an armbar, punch with free arm or wait for P2 escape and try to deny or reverse. P2 can try to get the choking arm off his face, transition to full guard or wait and try to deny or reverse.
>P1 punches P2 building GA while waiting for P2 to try to escape
>P2 tries to escape and gets denied
>P1 continues building GA punching and denying P2 from escaping
>P1 gets under the neck and locks up the choke. P2 is close to tapping
>P2 is trying to transition out
>P1 denies
>P2 peels the top hand off and get the choking arm over the face
>P2 begins turning into him trying to get on top
>P1 transitions to mount

Final Comments

This is rough and probably has some typos. Wrote this on a tablet and it took forever so please at least take a look at it, I would rather you tell me the idea is trash than completely ignore it. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Re: UFC3 subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
This is rough and probably has some typos. Wrote this on a tablet and it took forever so please at least take a look at it, I would rather you tell me the idea is trash than completely ignore it. Let me know what you guys think.
I like the sub idea but I have little hope that EA will actually do this due to them probably sticking to the same sub system, just making it look "prettier"

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »