Home

I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay.

This is a discussion on I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #25
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay.

I'm an online guy in this game, but I'm all about single player modes if they're fun and have some actual depth to them. The career mode is pretty awful as it stands right now - they really need to think outside the box with the next one. There wasn't really any innovation at all in that mode from UFC 1 to UFC 2. Hopefully Aholbert hounds them about this during the next cycle lol. There's so much that they could do to improve the career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #26
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm an online guy in this game, but I'm all about single player modes if they're fun and have some actual depth to them. The career mode is pretty awful as it stands right now - they really need to think outside the box with the next one. There wasn't really any innovation at all in that mode from UFC 1 to UFC 2. Hopefully Aholbert hounds them about this during the next cycle lol. There's so much that they could do to improve the career.
Don't even have to think outside the box, just need to keep up the standard, we can't even join gyms in UFC 2 why doesn't the game offer what previous games' offered in career mode? They aren't using the blueprints
Old 10-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #27
Just started!

UFC 3 had a great career mode for what it was, but it had a huge glaring issue. That being that the game would start you off with too low of an overall so you'd have to REALLY grind if you wanted to be competitive in the UFC, especially on any difficulty higher than experienced.

I've been playing the game recently and I noticed this. I took Brandon Vera through a career mode and I had 70 all main stats after having like 12-ish fights in the WFA (starting league), go into the UFC and had a really tough time.

This ruins the career mode for anyone who wants to play above experience difficulty, especially if you play with sim stamina. You have to have at least like 20 fights in the WFA to be remotely competitive in the UFC. It's simply not fair and broken.

Hopefully in EA UFC 3 they don't start us off with amateur stats and let us have a starting overall of like 65-70.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:38 AM   #28
Banned

Career mode is about as barebones as it gets, and customization in general for this game is just...meh. There's very, very, very little you can do with gear, hairstyles, body types, in CAF. Well, on the male side of things it's decent. Female CAFs really got the shaft, they don't even have a blonde hair color, as the one that looks blonde just comes out light brown. And only like 5 body types to choose from. Limited hairstyles, some of which you're never going to see women wearing. Limited names to choose from. Limited fighter styles.

Even little things, like what your fighter is wearing for the post-fight announcement are out of your control as everyone has to wear a Reebok shirt so the whole gaming audience is aware that Reebok is the main sponsor of UFC lol.

I didn't hate the game or anything, I'm just of the mind that the most fun it is occurs in the cage. The lack of customization outside of it really hurt the game to me.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

I agree with this thread very very much.

I also feel like the career mode in EA UFC 2 has a lot of room for improvement and the feedback here is really great.

I tried playing the career mode for UFC1 but simply couldn't finish it... it was that bad. I was able to complete the career mode for UFC 2 but that too got boring really quick.

For me it all starts with the fighter creation and that's what I'm gonna focus on right now.

When it comes to fighter creation, players should be looked at as artists, creators, that want to mold their fighter into EXACTLY what they want and for this to happen, we need freedom in certain areas.

- The names and nicknames available to us are far too limited.

I can't for the life of me understand why the names already available in the game to roster fighters is also not available to us to chose from. A common name like Henry isn't even an option. In my opinion, every single roster name should also be available to us to chose from and that includes nicknames.

The audio file already exists for these names, Bruce Buffer, Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg can already say these names in game... I don't see why we don't also have the option to assign these names.

- The hair and facial hair is far too limited.

Once again, I feel that every single hair and facial hair available to roster fighters should also be available to us to chose from. Right now in the game, I can't even assign a basic beard to my fighter... like a Conor McGregor beard. It's either the Johnny Hendricks style or the massive Roy Nelson style beard. I have no idea why it is that limited but that needs to be addressed.

The beards, side burns and moustache should also be separate. What if I want a beard but not moustache, or a moustache with no beard? What if I just want a Kratos style goatie? What if I just want huge side burns but no beard or moustache?. We should have the option to assign each one of these separately, this way we can combine beards and moustaches that we like.

This is not asking for much in my opinion... UFC Undisputed 3 already did this.

- More options when it comes to skin tone would also be great.

Don't just leave us with regular skin tones. I get it, we are creating fighters but if I want to create the Hulk, completely green, I shouldn't have to do this with tattoos... I should be able to just make him green by choosing green as his skin tone.

- Same goes for eye color.

Don't just limit us to regular eye colors. What if I want my fighters pupil color to be blood red. That's my choice. We need to be able to do this.

After we are done with the actual fighter creation, the next is our fighters personality and stance.

- Fighter stance should not be dependent on the base style we chose for our fighter.

Not all MuayThai fighters stand in the MuayThai stance. Not all wrestlers stand in a wrestling stance. Conor McGregor for example has a solid boxing base but stands like a Karateca. Daniel Cormier and Cain Velasquez are wrestling based fighters but tend to stand in the peekaboo stance.

Fighter stance should be completely separate from fighter style. If I pick a MuayThai style as my fighters base but want to stand like a Jujitsu fighter, let me do that.

- Far and Near Idles should also be completely up to the player.

More freedom please. Please.

Next up is the fighters personality.

- Fighter taunts should also be up to the player

Yes I know we can pick the taunts we want right now in the game but it comes as a package and it shouldn't. In UFC Undisputed 3, we were given a list of taunts, that we can assign to each direction on the D-Pad. This is how it should be. I want to know what specific taunt I'm playing when I wanna play it... I don't want randomness.

There are some great taunts in this game, but it's all random and I personally hate that. If I land a sweet combo and I wanna throw both arms in the air Conor McGregor style, I wanna do THAT specific taunt because I know which direction on the D-pad I assigned it to.

Yes it's nice that we can pick a fighters personality and mimic that personality but that's too limited.

* The walkout
* How the fighter relates with his coach before stepping into the cage. Does he bow, does he hug the coach, does he shake hands, does he do nothing?
* How he enters the cage. Does he run up, walk up, crawl up.
* What he does when he's at the cage entrance. Does he bow GSP style, does he pray, does he stump his feet Ronda Rousey style.
* What he does when he steps into the cage. Does he run around, circle, walk around, etc.
* His actions when his name is being announced.
* How he faces off. Does he stand still, jump up and down Tito Ortiz style, Does he touch gloves, slap the hand away, simply walk away.
* His celebration after the win.

All of these should be available to us to assign one at a time, independently. Not as a package. PLEASE.

Once again (I know it must be annoying to see this) UFC Undisputed 3 already did this.

All these requests also applies to the female fighters. That is obvious but also worth mentioning.

Idk how possible all these changes will be, but I don't feel like we are asking for too much at all. Fighter creation is a very important part of the career mode and should be taking seriously in my opinion. I'm definitely gonna be pushing hard for these changes to be made.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:03 PM   #30
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Good post, MartialMind.

Player customization is one thing that irked me a lot. I just got WWE 2K17 and it's pretty crazy how unique you can make a guy in that game. I made my character look super old. It's pretty sweet. The hair options included in UFC are ridiculously limited. For the 3rd edition, I don't think it's too ambitious of us to want this mode to be greatly improved.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:27 AM   #31
Rookie

EA UFC 2's career mode was somehow worse than EA UFC 1's.

I played it through just the once and wow. Its like it wasn't even designed, or it was designed the night before release real quick.

I just laughed at the way it played out for me too. I was ranked like 5th, got beat for the first time and immediately after it gave me a title shot. Few fights later I lost the belt. Then it made me fight people who were barely in the top ten.

Finally, After only 2 losses in my career, it ended with it suddenly saying that I've taken too much damage in my career and maybe I should hit the practice drills or something.

It was that bad I seriously wouldn't have even called it a career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #32
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Amazing post from Martial Mind.

100% agreed with all of those.

It is crazy UD3 had all those options already, but here's hoping EA UFC 3 will finally blow UD3 clean out of the park. The potential is there.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »