Home

Lag makes this game literally unplayable at on a competitive level

This is a discussion on Lag makes this game literally unplayable at on a competitive level within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #9
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lag makes this game literally unplayable at on a competitive level

Lags are not caused by internet speed (3-4mb/s is enough), they are caused by pockets losses
Slow mo is caused by slow ping
Test your pockets losses.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I was being sarcastic w/ the reference to the 1300s lol ----

Where do you live?

Do you hardwire your console? Rather than wi-fi?

Have you adjusted your TV settings to reduce lag as much as possible? That can make a big difference.

I have a MW championship fight this week in one of my leagues; defending my belt against a tough fighter from Europe, I'm definitely worried that lag will bring me down but it is what it is I suppose

I appreciate the advice. I've tried everything but buying a new PS4. Who knows, maybe that's the problem, even though it's newish and I don't have problems with other games. This game seems so slow and laggy to me all the time, including offline/menus. I regularly mess up my menu selection by hitting buttons too quickly.

I live in a large city, and the backbone of the internet comes right through it. I am hardwired, I've run ping/packet loss tests, I've got a new TV that's got minimal input lag in game mode, I've replaced my modem, I've had my ISP out multiple times troubleshooting. Heh, I was very committed to playing this game at the highest level. I've had to face the fact, it simply isn't going to happen.

As far as playing guys overseas, forget about it. This is somewhat expected though.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:58 AM   #11
Banned

I've noticed a lot more lag since the final patch. I dunno if its because of the smaller player pool and I'm facing a lot more overseas guys over and over, but its gotten pretty bad.

And I usually run 40-60 meg DL and 10 UL. My internet is more than fine. This game is the only one with lag problems for mem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 01:51 AM   #12
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

That's something that is ruining the game for all of us.

If anything, EA UFC 3 needs to focus on improving their stand-up by completely rebuilding it from the ground up, but if the lag/delay/matchmaking issues are not addressed, no matter how much work they put on all of those aspects, i don't believe it will show and the game will die quickly if the same connectivity issues insist.

Which is another reason, why they should actually make sure they get the offline right and make it enjoyable, since online has plenty of connectivity issues and i doubt something can be done at this point by what the GameplayDevUFC has stated on how the game works on almost no netcode compensation.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I literally play through my cell phone hotspot about 50% of the time, and still get hardly any lag.

I don't know what your issue is, but I don't think it's UFC 2.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 10-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #14
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I literally play through my cell phone hotspot about 50% of the time, and still get hardly any lag.

May i ask where do you currently live and play from Haz?

Your location compared to your opponent's location is what matters in having less lag/delay.

If you live somewhere in Western Europe: England/France/Germany, you are one lucky guy. You can connect to players from Eastern Europe/Russia and also connect to the US. You are in the middle and most people with access to a ps4 live in that area.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:47 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

It's not me. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 09:35 AM   #16
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

When I'm home playing on weekend I would I get lag maybe 10% of time at most and that would be high. During week I work away and stsy in hotel in middle of nowhere. I play on wifi but open my dns and get lag maybe the same. Seems pretty awesome to me. Without dns open it was unplayable though. Might need to change a few settings to help your internet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »