Home

The Perfect Swoop Explained with example

This is a discussion on The Perfect Swoop Explained with example within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:17 AM   #9
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: The Perfect Swoop Explained with example

The swoop is very beneficial imo. It can be the differnce between holding top position or getting reversed. In many cases, such as sprawl it can be difficult to pull off though.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:37 AM   #10
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: The Perfect Swoop Explained with example

Now something I would like to know... does the swoop work for offline gameplay? Does it stop the AI from reversing you? If so that would be kind cheap since the AI can't swoop, unless it just programmed already to swoop on certain difficulty levels. Hmmmm...
Old 11-02-2016, 01:55 AM   #11
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

There have been countless times against guys like Kenetic,Dmart and Tweedy with fast reflexes where they would hit the denial early enough to get a reversal, but because I perfect swooped, it was only a deny. So it certainly isnt worthless, just hard to do.

Lag can be a factor that hinders its use. But most of my matches have pretty clean connections.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 02:07 AM   #12
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

The swoop is OP but inconsistant. I don't think it's possible to counter the reverse (with a perfect swoop) they flicked within the very first few frames of your transition. It IS possible to counter the reverse with a swoop if they hit the reversal later into denial windows.

Myself and many others have tried but Zhunter has/was the only person to consistently do it. I don't like the swoop mechanic in general though.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:11 AM   #13
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Why not just have it gone and let the fakes and reverse just work by them self? Why was this even put into the game is my question?

I guess I would of just let ppl try to fake and use reflexs and skill instead of swoop to always get a deny. Let the gameplay flow I guess is what I'm saying.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:53 AM   #14
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
The swoop is OP but inconsistant. I don't think it's possible to counter the reverse (with a perfect swoop) they flicked within the very first few frames of your transition. It IS possible to counter the reverse with a swoop if they hit the reversal later into denial windows.

Myself and many others have tried but Zhunter has/was the only person to consistently do it. I don't like the swoop mechanic in general though.
It does not matter.
Reversal is always the same. Reversal window is 1/4 (from 12 to 3)
PS can be done successfully against any GB reversal.

Last edited by SUGATA; 11-02-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:23 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG

Yeah, definitely no counter, but the person doing the swoop takes a stamina hit whether successful or not, while the reverser takes none. If that counts for anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2016, 05:17 AM   #16
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Yeah, definitely no counter, but the person doing the swoop takes a stamina hit whether successful or not, while the reverser takes none. If that counts for anything.
exactly.
IF the opponent perform Reversal - any swoop (successful PS or failed mistimed swoop) get huge stamina loose (30% of full stamina bar), it makes PS balanced and NOT OP in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »