Home

The game has currently a game breaking feuture. A patch is nescessary.

This is a discussion on The game has currently a game breaking feuture. A patch is nescessary. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2016, 02:11 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
The game has currently a game breaking feuture. A patch is nescessary.

I am not talking about the ridiculous time window on the rubberguard from fullguard that makes it unblockable.

I am not talking about the full guard postured up spam by your opponent that makes it impossible for you to land a single strike from that position if they want to keep spamming no matter their stamina.

I am talking about a feuture in stand up. And that feuture is called "Backwards Dashing, The Unpunishable Spam."

Every single strike can be countered. It can be initiated and completed faster than you can land a jab/calf kick. It can be initiated after blocking strikes or after unloading all your stamina on striking your opponent, then use it to escape. It can be initated after you get mini-stuned by a strike like a heavy straight that is necessary to setup your next strike. You name it.

It costs practicaly no stamina and has no effect in it, in the long run. Everyone can do it, from a fat stiff wrestler like Cormier all the way to Dominic Cruz. Backwards dash spammers do it before every exchange and they do it after they landed a combo of 1-3 strikes on you. They keep doing it throughout the whole game and can keep doing it in the 5th round.

It costs more stamina for you to miss a strike from someone who has dashed backwards, than it costs for them to keep spamming dash away from you all game.

I need say no more. I'll post a video here later of how terrible the game can get where i fought a Tyrone Woodley and me having GSP. He was Div 8, me 7 and i barely play ranked and games like that are the reason i avoid it. When you take the incosistency of the laggy matchmaking, you got to take into consideration people who will pick OP players and suck the fun away from the game by abusing ridiculous mechanics.

You'll soon have visual feedback on how terrible the game can get, when you have a dedicated backwards dash spammer against you, who basically screws with your patience by using this unfun, overpowered abusable mechanic/glitch, that was clearly not thought through when it got put in the game. There is no skill required to use it and every single fighter can abuse this no matter his style or stats.

Make no mistake, this mechanic will spread even more, since it's x10s easier than the parry spamming and x10s more effective than it. It basically renders Stand-Up Unplayable. You can only land a strike, when they get tired of flicking their analog stick for 20 minutes that a 5 round fight can last.

Connor Mc Gregor lasted 1 round with this style of backwards dashing against Diaz, then he gassed out and got dominated. This is nowhere to be seen in the game and it manages to humiliate this game's stand up even more. It doesn't come close to all the other issues that are in the stand-up.

Here will be the video link when i get to upload it:
Here is the video link(still uploading currently): https://youtu.be/41YdM3qiaNs

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-20-2016 at 05:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 02:18 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: The game has currently a game breaking feuture. A patch is nescessary.

I was going to ask me if you just played me, but noticed it was fine rounds. I think it's fine from defensive point of view, from offense, gross at best.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:23 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I was going to ask me if you just played me, but noticed it was fine rounds. I think it's fine from defensive point of view, from offense, gross at best.
Nahh, it was a game from last night and from the first round where he started to abuse it, i knew i was in for a fun ride, so i recorded everything up to the point where i believe i got finished in the 5th round.

I am currently transfering it to my USB stick and i'll edit some parts out where he doesn't skip any of the mid-round cutscenes to troll and piss me off even more (Another feuture that shouldn't be in the online aspect of the game, especially in ranked games) . Then i'll put the 2 clips together that i recoreded (about 19 minutes long ) and i'll upload with my slow upload speed once i leave the house and post it when i get back.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-20-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:32 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

This is not the first time i am complaining about this either. I've played with people in the past abusing this, but i was noticing that it got greatly increased this past week ( played 5 different people this week abusing this) and the one who was abusing it the most, I got to record it, so i'll post it this time, in hopes to improve anything, but doubtfull since they won't patch it anymore from what is being said.

When i complained about it a few months ago, some devs got to see it and they added a feuture with the last patch, where if you lunge into a strike sideways, it deals a lot of damage.

And that was an awsome feuture to add in my opinion, it made the striking a lot more technical and skill based, rather than flicking your stick and avoiding everystrike comming your way and if you got cought you didn't have anything to worry about.

Still, i'd prefer some extra stamina draining in addition to it, kind of how they patched the uppercut spam, where if people throw more than 2 their stamina drops to 0.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-20-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:47 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I hold Dave2319 personally responsible.

"We've tried to wash our hands of all of this
We never talk of our lacking relationships
And how we're guilt stricken sobbing with our
Heads on the floor
We fell through the ice when we tried not to
Slip, we'd say

I can be held responsible
'Cause he was touching his face
And I will be held responsible
He moved his hands in the first place"

Feeling emotional today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 04:31 AM   #6
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

i bet the slider name is ivanboyko001?
And there is no problem with the rubber guard, so leave it alone!

Last edited by Donnie_Brasco_FR; 11-20-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:38 PM   #7
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

I don't understand how some of you sometimes complain about things that are so small in scale to the bigger problems that would overhaul the dashing along with everything else like movement, striking and clinching. Can't you see how nothing works as it should in striking? Are the dashing a bigger problem than the disconnection between footwork and striking, or the in and outs of clinching in mid strikes? Nothing is as conor says "Flowy" in this game, fixing only the dash is simply not enough for me to like the game still.

I'm no dev so I dunno wtf i'm talking about but WHAT IF the engine of the game is the cause for all the BS in striking since UFC 1? what was Fight Night built on? It wasn't ignite for sure because it was introduced right before the launch of consoles and it's an engine built for all their new sports games, but what if the sport of MMA is simply that much different for video game mechanics? What if the upcoming Frostbite 4 could be a total gamechanger in a good way for UFC 3? I mean look at what Frostbite 3 did to Dragon Age: Inquisition. It became flowy as ****.
I just feel stuck in the mud in this game and the fix to what you said wouldn't help solve 5% of MY issues with this game that IMO should be everyone's, and the input lag at 30fps ain't helping )':

#MakeEAUFC3Better
Old 11-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
I don't understand how some of you sometimes complain about things that are so small in scale to the bigger problems that would overhaul the dashing along with everything else like movement, striking and clinching. Can't you see how nothing works as it should in striking? Are the dashing a bigger problem than the disconnection between footwork and striking, or the in and outs of clinching in mid strikes? Nothing is as conor says "Flowy" in this game, fixing only the dash is simply not enough for me to like the game still.

I'm no dev so I dunno wtf i'm talking about but WHAT IF the engine of the game is the cause for all the BS in striking since UFC 1? what was Fight Night built on? It wasn't ignite for sure because it was introduced right before the launch of consoles and it's an engine built for all their new sports games, but what if the sport of MMA is simply that much different for video game mechanics? What if the upcoming Frostbite 4 could be a total gamechanger in a good way for UFC 3? I mean look at what Frostbite 3 did to Dragon Age: Inquisition. It became flowy as ****.
I just feel stuck in the mud in this game and the fix to what you said wouldn't help solve 5% of MY issues with this game that IMO should be everyone's, and the input lag at 30fps ain't helping )':

#MakeEAUFC3Better

I don't think anyone disagrees with you on the bigger picture of this game's stand-up being problematic and unsatisfying and not working as well as it should.

Somehow, with the patches and unwated but nescessary feutures like the mini-stun, they've made it work though and made it bearable and this is what we got.

With that said, what we got is what we got and there are gamebreaking issues in it, that can be easily fixxed with a patch, rather than having to redesigning it's stand-up from the ground up. That is to be reserved for a sequel, not a patch at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »