Home

Minor Annoyances and little things that can be improved thread.

This is a discussion on Minor Annoyances and little things that can be improved thread. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Minor Annoyances and little things that can be improved thread.

Making this thread, so that people can post minor things, that piss them off with the game, such as the menu layout, the wonky trips where your fighter unrealistically loses his balance or waiting for them to get in a proper position after you rock them and drop them, in order for you to be able to start engaging them on the ground instead of happening seamlessly.

I'll start off with a minor annoyance that i have, that wasn't there in the first EA UFC game, but is in this game:

- When the round comes to an end and the bell rings, your strikes magically stop half way through and don't land.

I'd like it if we were able to land a few shots after the bell rings and if you take it too far, the ref should step in occasionally and pull us apart or if only one of us throws more than a little bit after the bell has rung, then the ref should be able to step in and Disqualify the opponent or take a point away from him in the scoring cards.

Examples where this can vary: "It's a casual fight, the round is pretty mellow and we are testing out the waters not going all out, so the ref is laid back and when the round ends he is not next to the fighters to split them up. " In that case the fighters can choose to stop when the bell rings or throw 1 extra strike and then the ref steps in. Or throw 2 strikes and get a warning from the ref not to do that again or throw 3 strikes(even if the opponent blocks em) and have the referee take a point away for not stopping at the bell and if someone goes too far and throws 4-5 strikes knocks down his opponent or KO's him, then the opponent will have the option to choose on wether they wanna keep it going it or if they want the referree to stop the fight and win the game by having the ref disqualify the opponent.

Another case would be, if it's a title fight and things are tense and the fighters are past rivalries who were taunting all game etc. or if they didn't touch hands in the beginning of the fight, then the ref should be more intense and ready to step in and stop the fight faster than he would in a more mellow fight. (Unless you drop your opponent and KO him in 1 single strike, which would startle the ref and have him stop the fight with a bit of a delay)

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-27-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: Minor Annoyances and little things that can be improved thread.

I'd like to see more little things like that generally speaking, to be added in the next game, which would make the fights more intresting and change the dynamic if you got points taken away which would require for someone to fight more aggresively and change their playstyle etc.

Other things that i'd like to see would be, more varied taunts (holding L1/L2 modifiers to taunt should change the taunt or wether you are walking and taunting etc.) and i'd like to see some custom celebrations at the end of a fight. I'd like to see some rare events where someone's mouth piece goes off in some very rare occasions where the ref will have to step in at some point and pull them apart to give him his mouth piece and stuff like that.

But yeah, my minor annoyance is mainly that they removed the last strike on when a round is over, which was possible in the previous game. I want that back.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

We could also add groin strikes and eye pokes. First one is free of course
Old 11-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

The biggest annoyance for me is commentary as a whole. It's terrible. I wish they'd take Jon Anik and Brian Stann, I have a feeling they'd nail it and love doing it. Joe Rogan admitted to hating it and you can hear it in his in-game voice. "Over and over again - ground and pound - for the ko.... "
Or just take parts of real commentary.

Also the menu music is literally worse than elivator music at a cheap mexican hotel, I mean wtf I'm not even gonna write lyric examples because it would hurt my whole body and soul
Old 11-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
Pro

i like the commentary. sometimes its epic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
The biggest annoyance for me is commentary as a whole. It's terrible. I wish they'd take Jon Anik and Brian Stann, I have a feeling they'd nail it and love doing it. Joe Rogan admitted to hating it and you can hear it in his in-game voice. "Over and over again - ground and pound - for the ko.... "
Or just take parts of real commentary.

Also the menu music is literally worse than elivator music at a cheap mexican hotel, I mean wtf I'm not even gonna write lyric examples because it would hurt my whole body and soul
"Hes looking to set up an americana choke"
Old 11-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
"Hes looking to set up an americana choke"
I thought it was "He's looking to set up an Americana, Joe"
If not, thats hilarious.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
I thought it was "He's looking to set up an Americana, Joe"
If not, thats hilarious.
Gonna be honest, I hope you're right. Just because I would have more respect for a Joe Rogan that referred to himself in the 3rd person, than one who allowed that recording to get greenlit/said it in an actual UFC fight and didn't correct himself/made sure it didn't make it into the game.

Annoys me more than it should lol I love Joe Rogan, funny mistake to hear him make

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »