Home

I think we can all agree on this

This is a discussion on I think we can all agree on this within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
I think we can all agree on this

Grappling is over powered.

It really shows when there is lag/delay/input lag etc. in play.

Whenever you play in a laggy game, if you are a striker against a grappler, it's almost always inevitable that you lose.

It's why everyone is spammin the mauy thai clinch or why people pick the best submissioners, to easily and effortlessly sink in a submission while maxxed stamina on both fighters and end up winning a fight in a split of a second.

Now don't get me wrong, i am not saying it's unrealistic, but it's Overpowered compared to striking.

Striking doesn't feel dangerous while grappling does.

The main problem here is, that Striking is so arcadey and luck based(who will get a random Health Event) that most people are not afraid of being hit and spam clinches and takedowns through it, instead of feeling threatened to close the distance and get their opponent to the ground.

The observation is simple:

Striking is grinding arcadey based, while grappling is timing based.

I've been saying it since the beginning, the timing based system sucks in my opinion and the lack of pre-emptive denies.

It should be the other way around, Striking should be more about timing, while grappling should be more about grinding and not timing based on wether someone transitions or not.

AS it stands, grappling is far too easy and far too rewarding and it's pretty unbalanced, especially when you add a bit of a delay in the mix(which let's admit it, it's pretty damn common, happens at least 1/4 games), which makes the timing worse and you got yourself a broken system.

Lots of people have been praising the game's grappling mechanics, while admiting that striking is poorly made.

However i think it's time for us to reconsider that and ask changes in the grappling system as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 05:58 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I think we can all agree on this

Interesting thread. While I don't necessarily co-sign your exact wording, I agree with the gist of what you're saying.

As a striker, I don't feel like a lot of my good work and timing is rewarded enough. On the other side, grapplers don't have to work as hard to get what they want. If you grab someone all fight with Khabib or Rousey you're probably going to win unless you're awful. I hate knocking the grappling system too bad because it's the best we've had in a game to this point, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. I don't get much satisfaction from beating a guy on the ground and I rarely respect anyone who beats me using that method.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:50 AM   #3
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I think we can all agree on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I don't get much satisfaction from beating a guy on the ground
That's because GnP feels terrible and has animations with no impact (it looks like WWE, pretending to punch)

And submissions aren't great. Hopefully we get TBS in UFC 3

I just let my opponents up before I finish them on the ground, the ragdoll effects are usually fun :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »