Home

Bring back weak block.

This is a discussion on Bring back weak block. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Bring back weak block.

Sugata nice though
Old 12-03-2016, 03:49 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Blocking ability should be dependent on the fighters ratings, with the current control scheme. It should work about how it does now but if your fighters block rating is bad sometimes a strike will slip through for full damage.

Edit: To give some user control, the closer the block button is hit to the beginning of the strike the less chance there is for a strike to slip through. If you're holding high block the striker can see where your hand are and punch around them more easily.

Last edited by fballturkey; 12-03-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #11
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Blocking ability should be dependent on the fighters ratings, with the current control scheme. It should work about how it does now but if your fighters block rating is bad sometimes a strike will slip through for full damage.

Edit: To give some user control, the closer the block button is hit to the beginning of the strike the less chance there is for a strike to slip through. If you're holding high block the striker can see where your hand are and punch around them more easily.

And the less stamina someone has, the more chance a strike has to bleed through the block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #12
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Get rid of parry and instead of block a tally blocking strikes increase the hit detection and make it so punches actually slip through the block.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I've been saying this from the beta, but I want it back strictly because i find it much easier to use my style of offense against weak block. I love offensively working around weak block.

That said, I was very vocal about it for a while and most everyone disagrees with me. That's cool since EA isn't making this game for me. I'd like to note it seems most that loathe it don't like it because it can be hard to fight against or its to strong or something. I don't feel that way at all, and I did play against most of the better players in the older game that had weak block.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #14
Rookie

Dear god no.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #15
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Absolutely no.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 AM   #16
Rookie

I have only been playing the game and to be honest an Xbox for 5 months as the last video game I was addicted to was the arcade version of Pac-Man back in the 70's. Being an ex boxer and trainer I got hooked on this game the minute I played it with my youngest son who is a college wrestler and brought the game and his Xbox home for summer break.

It took me a week just to learn how to use the controller properly but having OCD isues as well as the patience of a saint you guys would not believe how much time I have invested and the studying I have done to up my game. I would say 90% of my practice time is all ground and clinch work as I just think like I would with stand-up as if I were fighting.

Anyone that has been in a ring-octagon or on a mat knows that getting hit clean in the liver or solar plexus hurts more then any head shot you will ever get hit with and I love that the game has this all real to life. But the leading with a cross or (I hate this terminology A Straight) is just not that true to life. They even have Rogan and Goldberg comment heavily on jabs and the big rock should come from punches or kicks that are set up as combinations of the jab.To any pro fighter or even a high cliber amateur leading with a cross would be looked at as an insult or a guy who is just a really bad fighter! Yes on rare occasions a guy may try to sneak and lead with a cross and a lot of MMA fighters are not good strikers but the ones who are decent aren't winging crosses a good example would be the way Cejudo has improved with his fight against Benavides. As for blocking I don't mind the parries which are real to life but the window is way to wide and I prefer the sway and possibly in the next game better head movement to slip punches as when someone crouches or bends they are forward and a sucker for an uppercut.

You guys who have been playing since the first game know way more about what issues need help on but for a 55 year old ex pug I find the game amazing and really don't have much to complain about. The one thing I will say is that if it wasn't for a forum like this and elite players like Martial Mind and others most new players to the game would be totally lost -I was. As the information given out on what could be done and how complex the game is- is horrible. I look at the stickies and the reversals and transitions posted by guys like Generative James Games's and it boggles my mind what these guys discovered as well as their ability to do so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »